Acrobatics, etc.

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by redshinobi, Jan 16, 2006.

1. redshinobi

redshinobi New Member

Dear Martial Friends and ninjutsu Gakusei

Ohayo Gozaims

we established our bujinkan dojo website just 3weeks ago.
    actually we are a bujinkan branch located in Shiraz, iran

<Advertising removed>

for more information im 19 years old and holding kyu4
    I live in shiraz-iran but im moving to aachen-germany in few months

anyway

i want to know how much do u practice in acrobatics or mountian climibing
    <actually i havent done any profissional rock climbing but as i know its a must for ninjas !>
    and if u do acrobatics is it something like www.redshinobi.com/vid/bcflip.wmv or its something different?

and for weapons, do u train with non bujinkan weapons ?
    for example Tonfa or nunchukus?! there are some dojos doing that and some claim that its not right ! and what about Sai (jute)

With best regards
    Yours

Sanamura :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006
  2. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  3. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

spam?

1 post troll?

if so, in before the lock :p

4. Lord Spooky

Na I don't think he's a troll or spamming. He's just trying to share his site and find er like minded people.

5. redshinobi

redshinobi New Member

re

no thx im not a spammer
    well ji-may or Jin may kata is the first kata we learn in our dojo beside other bujinkan katas,actually its more action and have attaking-blocking techniques ! plz dont say that we are not bujinkan :D we all know its not listed in bujinkan katas. we practice it for tournoments and martial art festivals and then 10 of us do it at the same time < here is the association of iranian ninjutsu if u dont mind it as a spam www.ninjutsu-iran.com>

i think the jinmay is a slang in kyudojutsu , and means maximum stretching or something like this and if u watched the movie, u can see that its a speedy and have some acrobatics in it, and will make us ready for higher trainings.

by the way u didnt answer my questions :(

6. Lord Spooky

Are you all card carrying Bujinkan members?

As for weapons well I do other training which uses some er different weapons throwing shovel , Cossack whip etc....

I think you'll find the response is that when your Taijutsu is good enough then you'll be able to use most things effectively.

As for the Jin May Kata to be honest IMO it looks more like Wushu than anything in the Bujinkan, unless anyone more senior can correct me?

So will Sanshin and Kihon!

7. redshinobi

redshinobi New Member

re

ji-may is not a wushu form and as i say before, its not bujinkan either,
    u didnt tell me about acrobatics .
    and what about training in nunchukus,Tonfa and Sai < do u know any bujinkan dojo training these weapons ? >

thx urs

8. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

I don't know about nunchukus, tonfa, or sai. I think those are karate, so you're bujinkan and karate?

9. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

An interesting website that.

One thing that gave me cause for thought was this bit.

Why not demonstrate actual Bujinkan material? :confused:

10. Lord Spooky

Didn't say it was Wushu I said it looked more like Wushu than Bujinkan in fact it had a more Chinese feel to it than Japanese!

and you didn't answer my question about if you are all card carrying members of the Bujinkan?

What's the training history of your head guy the site says he's Shodan I take it he's training under a Shidoshi then? Another quirk I saw was that none of your lot had Bujinkan Patches on your Gi?

As for the acrobatics we do Ukemi which I think covers most situations in one way or another. No we don’t spend most of our time running up trees . Personally I’d sooner be able to fall over a table in a bar or down stairs without injury than run and flip off a tree.

Like I said when your Taijutsu is good enough you'll be able to use any weapon.

11. Lord Spooky

becuase Bujinkan stuff doesn't look flashy enough does it ;)

12. Lord Spooky

From the site:

What the heck are Ninjutsu competitions? Is that where you all break in and nick the trophies the night before?

:D

Kancho not a title I've heard used in the Bujinkan?

13. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Or 'Ninjer' enough. :p

I dunno if that solo form/kata looked Chinese or Japanese or what. To me it just looked, I dunno, made up. Didn't look anything remotely Taijutsu-esque to me.

14. Lord Spooky

I was trying to be polite :D

*Spooky makes a note to get pop corn in for when Greg notices this*

15. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Can I get butter on mine? Oh, and a Pepsi? :D

16. Lord Spooky

Point 5 on this page http://www.redshinobi.com/esyvideo.html got my attention:

Making Kata?

Why can’t I see mention of Sanshin or Kihon or reference to the Tenchijin?
    Would not these be things you would put on a Bujinkan Dojo web Site?

17. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

I believe that there is a video game called "Red Ninja"; it is very likely that our "Red Shinobi" purchased said game and developed a style based on it, using the work "Shinobi" instead to seem authentic.

18. redshinobi

redshinobi New Member

re

wow many post many criticis !
    let answer them one by one

Kancho acatully means the one who establish something for the first time in one country !

for the labels we use them on the heart and on the right hand, at that time we hadnt the standard patches but now we use these 4 type bujinkan patchec, red with white writing,red with black writing , and ....

as u see here http://www.redshinobi.com/album/kancho/photos/photo8.html
    difrrent patches, its moscow seminar, and the guy on the right hand of that person is Faraji < faraji is the guy with black belt turned into white:D> and we used the patch like this on his heart,

--
    did i say we dont train in ukemi or taijutsu? anyone in the world knows that ukemi and taijutsu is the important part of ninjutsu, as hatsumi sensie says the ninjutsu ukemi is somthing more than judo and aikido roles and ... ;)
    we learn ukemi from mu kyu till the end as u do so:D

----
    about the riffery, it means shuriken jutsu competitions, fukia and fuki bari,
    Acrobat competitions, Taijutsu festivals, and some komite comptetions.
    and we hold something like " self art ..." dont know the name in english,
    everybody come and shows his felexiblity, speed, ukemi , ....

----
    Sai its not okinawian weapon its kind of old sword , for nunchuks and tonfs <esp. tonfa> many bujinakn dojos in usa and erupe teach them,

------

about the sanshin no kata we have it on the persian site

www.redshinobi.com/fvideo.html :) سان شین نو کاتا

i thaught everyone out side iran know sanshin and kihhon happo !

===

about the name red shinobi

dont u know that the red gear was one the ninja gears ?!

if u want, i can tell the history behind red gears
    ==

19. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

redshinobi: if your dojo and the iranian arm of the bujinkan want to be taken seriously it might be wiser to focus more on showing actual Bujinkan training material (sanshin, kihon happo etc) rather than seemingly unrelated stuff that's been tacked on. Do you see Hatsumi or the Japanese Shihan (hell, *any* of the Shihan, never mind just the Japanese ones) doing this stuff?

So yeah, my advice would be to stick the nunchaku back in the cupboard, fold up the camo dogi and rock some Sanshin no Kata and Kihon Happo. :D

20. redshinobi

redshinobi New Member

re

:bang: man, the english website is up just for 3 days and if u see the most parts are under constructions :-s i hope if one of u guys could read persian :bang: and check the persian part :)

We Do Kihhon Happo and u know that what hatsumi & takamatsu sensie tell about this " all techinques requried for a man to win a fight is inside of these 8 technigues of kihhon happo "

in few days, the englis section would be complete so u can see the all iranian doin kihhon happo ! ;)