KSW funnies

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Silentmonk, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

OK has anyone got any funny videos, pictures, or stories to post to do with KSW. Thought it was about time we shared in each others agony lol or at least we can see who the biggest fool really is on here, :D

2. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

The problem is, you never have a camera at the right time. I knocked myself out with a staff once doing staff spinning number 11. The twist was you sit on the ground with your feet in front of you and then do sit ups, pass behind back when up and spin over the head when lying down. I wasn't out for long, but I had a nice welt on the side of my head.

3. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

the other week i was doing a few techniques while the juniors warmed up. i was going through jee ahp sool's and got to number 6. i had the pressure point on the hand and went to grab my opponents temple with my thumb and middle finger and promptly poked my partner in the eye with my thumb.

he didn't find it too amusing but the parents watching did lol.

:)

4. Gi Ma Ja Se

Gi Ma Ja Se 90 degrees is 4 real MA's

Havent got this at work, but i believe airnick might have it..... it was me and my bro videoing ourselves for staff sparring to check out if we were doing anything wrong.... and erm well it was on number 2 we were spinning our staffs above our heads moving towards each other, i ducked (as you do) and my bro let go over his staff and it went flying over my head..........

Oh and another time i (me and bro) doing tourny staff sparring.... we were going like maniacs, and on number 3 my staff broke..... the staff being Ratan becam a very large num chuck which i tried to continue to use.... the judges are ****ing them selves saying stop.... kuk sa nim stands up laughing..... shouting Again Again... Get staff.... LOL the thing is we went on to win it and get gold.... dont have any video of this one though!!

5. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Haha, they were both classics! I do have that video with me actually.

I have a few but the one that comes to mind was about 10 years at Lakenheath between classes. I stupidly tried a jumping turning back kick over an American Football style tackling dummy, lost my bearings and landed perfectly on it on my nuts in front of everyone. I think a couple of the board members witnessed this :cry:

There are also many involving acrobatics that I'm sure ksn_matt would like to share....

6. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

oh yes, nick landing on his face in korea, in front of a huge crowd and on korean national telivision! priceless. me doing staff spinning number 10 with nicks spear. and the spear head comes of, flys across nicks garden and stabs him in the shoulder. ksn maxine was practicing staff form with a v small staff and managed to smack herself in the eye, and then told anyone who asked how she got such a big black eye, that i did it! and one last one, during a break off in the breaking compertition one year, i had to do a 540 (helicopter) spin kick break, now i didn't know what this was untill then, so with kjn john watson holding the board, i gave it my best shot. missed the board compleatly and ended up draging my heal full power across kjn watsons cheast. oops!

7. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

LOL that happened to me once during a demo. i felt a bit bad really because it wasn't my staff but at least i got a few ooohhs and aaahhs from the audience.

once we were in a large sports hall and one of the juniors asked me to demonstrate something. i replied "i cant because my trainers are loose and they'll fly off, look.." i then did a very fast high front kick and my shoe came off! it flew about 50ft in the air and went straight through a basketball hoop. man i went crazy, running around the hall with one shoe on like we'd just won the champions league :D

8. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

I also had this happen...but in practice. SBN made me and sparring partner drop and do 100 push-ups for breaking equipment. (it was our own staff's!) So we did our 100...no questions asked. :)

9. Gi Ma Ja Se

Gi Ma Ja Se 90 degrees is 4 real MA's

:eek: :eek: Really, i would of congratulated my students on great staff sparring because they were obviously sparring with the intent of hitting the other!!! :D

10. kswgreenman

kswgreenman New Member

My avatar is a picture of me just after falling spectacularly over doing a spin kick in my red belt test. During the warm up. It turned out to be a broken ankle. Can I have a special village idiot hat?

11. ember

ember Valued Member

Practicing staff spinning #8 in class, and all of a sudden hear, from the back of the room, someone singing "Row, row, row your boat".

12. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Oh there are soooooo many, lets see some favorites

One time at our school's premotion demo, all the BB's were doing the falling/acrobatics routine, and I did a face plant instead of a hand spring.

Doing tournament (womens)self-defense demo pratice, my partner, she kicked me in the jewels instead of doing meak cha ki #4

Doing Demo pratice for the 93 tourny, I think. The routine was a falling demo. We were doing high cat nakbub over someone doing low, and two people collided in mid air, obviousily some forgot to go low.

Same demo pratice someone forgot to tuck their leg completly and racked some poor guy in the jewels.

13. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Oh I forgot my favorite, we were doing juhl bong training, and A teenaged BB started to showoff for a girl that was walking buy and cracked himself in the jewels. Laid himself right out. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

14. RaccoonWrangler

RaccoonWrangler Valued Member

I can post this here because my wife isn't on these forums (yet)...

Happened just the other night; my wife and I ended up having to spar each other during tournament practice. The instructors try to keep us gender-separated, but since it is just practice, they will make exceptions if there's an uneven number.

Anyway, we're sparring, and at one point, I whipped out the high inside kick to the side of her head. It was controlled, and it barely even turned her helmet. I couldn't resist, she was wide open... :p

The funny part was the look on her face... It was like, 'I can't believe you just kicked me in the head!'

Unfortunately, it was followed by that steely hardening of the eyes and tightening of the mouth that told me I was going to regret it.
    Maybe not today, maybe not next week, but soon; and for the rest of my life... :D

15. ember

ember Valued Member

:D :D :D

I've sparred Coyote many a time, it's always interesting.

I think it was the same June promotion demo that we did the technique routine (see Favorite KSW memories)... The DBNs on up usually end the demo with nak bub and acrobatics. So Coyote and I were partnered up, and were doing cartwheels, and he falls down behind me. I guess I tried to look mid-cartwheel, and fell right on top of him.

We both got up, split to get back in line, and shook it off.

16. blondeblackbelt

blondeblackbelt Valued Member

After performing at the Beckhams party we had central news come and film a peice on me and my instructor.

So I performing sword, the camerman is knelt on the floor filming upwards, when he says, right im going to come in closer. I never heard him! So I carry on, and stab the camerman in the head! He was bald, which made it look so much worse, as if the sword actually pierced his head!

But not to worry, it was a blunt sword! Nobody got sued, he was fine (I think) and I had a great story to tell...

17. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

LOL take note silentmonk and JKNGT, no close up shots...

18. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

I heard about this. They almost got a haircut from KJN SJS!

19. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

she wouldn't ever do that to me....................not me :D

oooo watching the rocket launcher break and watching the look of disbelief on Taffs face when the top board had been taken away at lowestoft. That was priceless, as was the way that myself and Gi Ma Ja Se turned to each other at the same time and called the holder a plank or words to that effect. :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  20. KSW_equus

KSW_equus Valued Member

Originally Posted by Choiyoungwoo
    this should probably be in the funnies thread ...... but
    I've heard kuksa nim while watching hyung, say "him look dickless" (meaning, he looks ridiculous)
    but he was more right than he realized.

<Collapsed, on my desk, laughing.> Too funny. I had to share this...oh, my goodness...

<wiping tears>
    Equus `---~