Pathwalker Guild

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saturnine138, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saturnine138

Saturnine138 Valued Member

2. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

lol.... the land of lynxes, wolves, and golden eagles.... transylvania...
    i'd say cult/scam... since you ask....

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

It's certainly a dramatic read.I especially enjoyed finding out that Transylvania has an old legend with a DRUID in it!Made up stuff like that's enough to turn me off.They could be teaching legit skills,tho',even if they have a made up package.

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Sample quotes:

"This course [Ashwayna]is thought by many to be the gold standard for speed learning a Martial Art and assimilating Instructional technique. "

Anyone ever heard of this before? No? So who are all these people who think it's the 'gold standard'?

"Traditionally..." in front of almost anything

What tradition? By their own admission the history is shakey in the extreme.

"Within two hours of beginning the martial art training or attending one of the self-defense courses you will be better prepared to survive life on our modern streets. "

Really? Two hours?

These guys may have a great ethos and teach a great art for all I know, but the website seems to be designed to catch new agers with an interest in martial arts without giving any real details. And without any comparison to other arts there's no way of us - or anyone in the organisation - knowing.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical, but when I see a site espousing conjecture as history, asking for £365 a year standing order (each lesson is then £5 on top of that), with a training facility in Transylvania, I think, "They vant to suck your blood!"

Mitch

Knee Rider likes this.
  5. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

A fellow student of mine at North Wales Kyudo was involved with these people a few years back. He had some bad experiences with them (which I won't outline here) and left.

In the time since, he has begun training in Tae Kwon Do and Kyudo (where I met him as I say). He told me about his experiences so I did a little research for myself. I passed him the details of the website mentioned and he went to have a look. He got back in touch with these people to see whether things had changed in any way and had yet another bad experience with them without even getting as far as the training hall.

I would personally avoid them but you should make up your own mind.

6. Saturnine138

I wasn't seriously considering joing, I just thought it sounded interesting. It seams a bit too cult like, with the all black clothing and not telling/showing anybody what goes on. It would be cool if it wasn't a scam, I'm into all that outdoors and survival stuff. The hypnosis thing sounds a bit odd. I'm curious about what problems your friend had with them.

7. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

Certainly, what they wrote about hypnosis was odd. However, hypnosis itself isn't that odd and there a number of reputable hypnotists doing their best to improve its image, including 'sensible psychology' at www.uncommon-knowledge.co.uk/ - worth knowling as an option for performance improvement in martial arts, amongst other things.

8. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Saturnine138 said:-
    I only know what he told me and without definitive information I'd rather not expand on what I've said - I'm sure you understand. It would be too easy to say something, get it wrong and cause bad feeling. What I will do however is send him a link to this thread. That way it will be down to him as to whether he wants to detail his experiences with that particular organisation. Sorry I couldn't be more forthcoming.

9. Saturnine138

Oh, I know hypnosis is sometimes reputable, my dad once worked for a company that hypnotised people. I've seen a performance hypnotist once before and it was very entertaining. I just think it has little or no place in the martial arts.

MWDAndy: I understand completely, and thanks for taking the time to tell him about the thread.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  10. Jon H

Jon H New Member

Hi there TKDMitch,

our standing orders are not that much! It's £1 a week!

Just wanted to set the record straight.

J Holland - Basic / Intermediates PG Instructor

11. Jon H

Jon H New Member

I too am concerned about what bad experience MWDAndy's friend had, I've been teaching this stuff since 1999 and so he/she are likely to have come into contact with me! All warranted Pathwalker Instructors carry up to date CRB disclosures so I can only assume they've come into contact with someone who claims to be from our organisation.

Thanks - J Holland, PG Instructor

12. A Pathwalker

A Pathwalker Banned Banned

Marbo Pathwalker training.

Bet you did'nt expect a reply this quick!. The runic alphabet still used by the Szekler people of Transylvania is a residue of the Celtic empire when the Celt occupied the Transylvania area along with most of south eastern Europe. Not much is known about our organisation because we are, and always have been a non commercial, members only, non-sport martial arts organisation. I hope this is informative. Good luck with your training.

13. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

What, 5 years after the question was raised??

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Worst Necro ever!

[​IMG]

15. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Someone's perception of time is screwy.

16. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I blame the Asgard and their Time Dilation devices! ;)

17. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Well it didn't do to well with the Replicators did it? Ended up building a ship and using the device as the energy source if I remember correctly.

Star-gate for the win :)

18. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

What "Celtic" empire?

No such thing as Celtic runes.

No accounts of the existence of Druidism outside of Western Europe.

Teach whatever spiritual/cosmic/whatever you want,but presenting things which are; 1)at best very speculative or, 2) at worst falsehood --as historical facts doesn't say much for your org.

19. A Pathwalker

A Pathwalker Banned Banned

pathwalker

I suggest you look up celtic empire on the web my friend. The runes I speak of are the same runes used by the viking, the old Irish and the Szekler of Transylvania. Its a small thing, but if you are so completely misinformed about the celtic empire, you may be misinformed re other issues. Also, check out "Ogham" script, I think you'll find this was the runic alphabet used by the Celt before the influence of the Viking. The craft/martial art of the Pathwalker has saved my life and the lives of others on many occassions. The facts are the facts and the unknown may become known over time. If this reply does not help you progress your knowledge, no problem, you are not my responsibility, I/we have no obligation towards you. If you choose to respond to this, be polite. A Pathwalker

20. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

No 'celtic' empire- no emperor!
    Nonsense. End of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.