can Kung Fu keep you straight??

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Hoimun, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoimun

Hoimun Banned Banned

I am curious as to how many people here believe or can prove that their fighting style in Kung Fu has helped them to defend against people on the street looking or trying to molest them, prostitute them, attack them etc,...

Any true stories welcomed.

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Kung Fu has given me the confidence and ability to tell people who are giving me crap to shut the hell up or fight me at the spot.

Usually they just mumble some crap and walk away. . . . . I still kinda want to fight though haha.

3. Hoimun

Hoimun Banned Banned

Dealing with street punks

There are alot of pushers here in the city who try to prostitute people where I live.... They are the kind of people who prey on the weak and the innocent in hopes of fullfilling their addictions to the excesses of society. They usually need their victims to be addicts to drugs or are involved in looking for young men and women who may be experimenting with narcotics who are weak minded or looking for an outlet to their problems.....

These people sometimes do not understand how to stay away because they are struggling with their own addiction to taking advantage of people.

Please list some methods of how you would deal with them. Specifically more than just talking and walking because those are given answers. If they are the only answers you have, please post scenarios and solutions... and remember there is more to a street fight than just people. There are cars, buildings, signs, dumpsters, all types of roads, bicyclers, etc,....

Thank you.

4. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Valued Member

I'm sure there are some kung-fu styles that can definitly work

5. backkickgurl

backkickgurl New Member

do the pimps pay the hoes good cash ... :rolleyes:

6. backkickgurl

backkickgurl New Member

are you thinking of taking them all out with our advice. dont be a batman youll get hurt ;)

7. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

So you're looking for a way of dealing with all sorts of attacks in all sorts of scenarios, maybe you should study a martial art.

8. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

Or you could concentrate on your Rehab work and get these people off drugs.
    A far better way to spend your time and far more rewarding.

9. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

On the downside it doesn't give you the same opportunities to engage in violence and spend time hitting people.

10. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Touche good sir... :D

Touche...

11. Hoimun

Hoimun Banned Banned

Funny answers. I guess what I meant to say is, in reguards of the person or any persons Im am refferring to, which side of his vehicle should I attack in an event I am being harrassed?

Why hasn't anyone suggested I could turn them into the law?

12. Pacmaster

Pacmaster New Member

oh, don't be a tattle-tale

13. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

I guessed you answered that one for yourself :rolleyes:

14. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

If you studied a martial art then you would maybe learn there is no reason to attack his vehicle.

It may also teach you how to avoid trouble in the first place, we all have sometimes to go places that aren't so nice to be.

Turn them into the Law, good luck, when you reach for the phone and start dialing 911 what do you think the bad guy is going to do?
    If you are lucky they may drive off, until the next time they see you and they are with a couple of their buddies.
    If you are unlucky you get to meet mr sidewalk for a robust interview without coffee.

Avoidance Avoidance Avoidance, Then Confidence, Then Negotiation, Then maybe tiem to step up if you are very unlucky, if I got into a fight every time someone called me a profanity or tried to get me to score drugs, intimidate me into giving them money I would be a lesser human being than I am now. If I ran around being a victim all the time I would be less still.

And why is this in KF surely this is for general discussion?

15. Hoimun

Hoimun Banned Banned

There is a specific situation....

Pacmaster, if you are a pusher....I will kick you... then turn you in! I'll let them figure out your name and Identification details... it is not up to me to tell them all the crap you are involved in. I just want to get a good kick off and send you sprawling to the floor...

----------------------------

Adouglasmhor, this person(s) has already attacked me with his vehicles more than one time. Yes, I am avoiding it as much as possible. Since I dont have a car it makes it difficult to combat someone in a 1000lb plus moving vehicle.

This person also knows who I am, and follows me around at places he knows I will be walking around in... so its not like I can avoid fighting someone who is looking for me constantly.

So far, I just kicked the vehicle when he tried to run me over with it. And then of course there was that time with the pop bottle.....

No I would not call 911, I would call a direct metro precinct phone # and then give them the liscense plates info... the only problem is I have not had a pen and paper ready during these several incidents...

Yes, this has alot to do with Kung Fu specifically because I study Kung fu, and that is what I will be using in the event I end up tangling with this individual in a fight.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  16. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

just laugh at him when i was younger berfore kung fu this guy wanted to beat us up i found the best way is to laugh at him and make him a fool

17. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I completely misunderstood the thread title before I saw the explanation! I blame too many threads by slibthejab.

18. someotherguy

someotherguy Valued Member

If I didn't do Kung Fu I would already be homosexual.

19. Hoimun

Hoimun Banned Banned

cool, maybe I could laugh at him and then kick the vehicle? :D

20. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Hoimun,

You lead an interesting life. If I remember correctly, since you joined this site, you have been attacked by an actor, you had some other crazy rant about something insane that happened to you that I totally didn't understand, and now (if I understand correctly), someone is trying to force you into prostitution by trying to run you over? Or something? I'm not really clear, but I think that you have gotten yourself into so much trouble at your current locale that it might be a good idea to either move, or pool together what money you can and purchase a firearm and learn how to use it.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.