Ninjutsu tips...

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by KonRyuu, Dec 20, 2005.

1. KonRyuu

KonRyuu New Member

I'm not a big fan of the American Bunjinkan Dojo, (not into the traditional ninjutsu). I went to the College of Martial Science www.ninjitsu.com There, I learned way better fighting techniques and had waay more fun. It's taught by Rick Tew who was taught by Frank Dux. I learned ninjutsu from the Bunjikan dojo took those techniques here and got obliterated by guys who had only been there for 3 months. Main reason being you train 7 days a week for 12-19 hrs. a day non-stop. Spar for about 4-5 hours a day, things like, king of the mat, about 2 hours of grappling then the remain hours are sparring (anything goes) getting kneed in the face kinda hurts, so I suggest a face cage, lol. Running for 8-10 miles a day (this sucks on the beach, your legs will be killing you) Rock Climbing, look it up and you will be able to get all the info on it. But guys that went through 3 months of training here were better than my buddies and I who went through 6 months of Bunjikan training as far as ninjutsu goes anyway. So, if you are looking for a good ninjutsu Ryu, this is probably your best bet to learn it fast and efficiently.

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Well, good for you. I'm glad you found something you like. Howevre, you may find that other's life experiences are different than yours and that they prefer training in the Bujinkan, Jinenkan or Genbukan.
    It doesn't make your way best, just best for you.

3. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Might I also add that in real Ninjutsu, it is not something that you should be good at in 6 months. To become efficient at this art, you have to train for years, at least in my opinion. There will be countless times where you go back to a technique and discover more about it, thus refining it over the years. In 6 months, you might have just received your green belt (9th kyu), which signifies you know perhaps some basic ukemi, maybe some sanshin. Only when you receive 1st degree black belt (shodan) are you accepted as a "serious student." That doesn't mean you have a lot of skill, it just means that you are a serious practitioner. It's not until 5th degree (godan) that you are said to have enough knowledge/skills(?) to be able to open up your own dojo and teach others. Thus, with your six months of training, naturally those who practice a bit of sparring and full contact will have an advantage. Your mileage may vary. Now, if you want a quick way to gain some skills, sure, you can go that route. But if you want something you can refine over a lifetime and still use when you get to be a grandfather someday, well, the Bujinkan gets my vote. Keep going full contact for your entire training career and, well, that career just my end abruptly for you, and you certainly won't be able to use a lot of Tew's stuff when your the age of my two instructors (69 and 62). ;)

4. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

Good point. The best way to put it might be that you can either take the express elevator to the fifth floor or the slower one all the way to the 20th.

The first few months, maybe years, should be spent just getting good ways of moving down. Drilling into you things like keeping your knees going in the same direction as your power to an extent that you can do it under stress, without thought and in conjunction with other complex tasks. If you do, then you will probably be able to do as well as Soke and his senior teachers when you rech their age instead of a used up has-been fraud like Frank Dux.

5. althaur

althaur Hunting scum

Blah blah blah. 12-19 hours a day, 7 days a week eh?? BS! 8-10 miles a day on the beach? BS! Advertising for a fraud? There we go. That seems realistic.

I wonder if your PD realizes what a braggart and exaggerator you are. That usually doesn't fare too well on the Psych exam. Go back to your World Championships and play fights with your friends.

Sorry folks, I'm in a foul mood today. Spent the last two days dealing with lying idiots. Didn't want to read from one on here.

6. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

No worries, althaur, we all have our bad days. I wouldn't go so far as to call Tew a fraud. After all, he doesn't claim to be teaching anything authentic. It is Tew's former teacher Frank Dux who is the real fraud, but that's a whole 'nother topic. Interesting enough, though, I noticed KonRyuu has also posted a link in one of the Chinese martial arts-related forums about the "Shaolin Temple" in New York, providing a link and claiming it is probably the best you can get in terms of Shaolin training. It would be quite humorous to find out if he is simply being paid to advertise to us, ne? Though I'm sure that is quite the far-fetched idea. :D

7. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

If you do a little bit of a search over at martialtal.com you will find that they ripped into Rick Tew over some of the things he said. He declined to back up any of his claims. He spammed the boards saying that he was there to answer questions. But in reality, he was just there to try to pick up students like the starter of this thread. When faced with intelligent questions about proof, Rick Tew fled.

They used to have a moderator called Enson that was a Rick Tew guy and he turned out to be the worst choice they have ever made for that type of position.

8. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Troll troll troll troll....

To be honest the first post in this thread just says:

"Bujinkan was too hard I couldn't do it so it must be rubbish"

6 months in the Bujinkan LMAO

Bloody trolls

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Cant we attempt to keep this guy on here though? its been a long time since we have had meat for dinner!! :D

10. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

His name gave it away for me, a clever pun whether intended or not!..Konryuu or con-school :eek: :D

11. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Yeah, a bit like that "Konning-you Ninjutsu", sorry "Konnigun", hehe

12. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

No some of us are hungry!

:)

13. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

OK he posted this in another section:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44769

So he hasn't even trained in the Bujinkan! He's just looked at some video tapes and trained in the back yard with mates!!

Funny how that bit was missed out in the post he did here?? :rolleyes:

From the first post in this thread:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  14. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

I'm still trying to get over the fact that he trains for 19 hours a day for 7 days a week (which only leaves 5 hours to sleep, eat, work, and get online to start threads) and spars for 5 hours straight....see, that was Tyson's error, he should have trained with Rick Tews, then he wouldn't have lost steam by round 6 against Evander...

15. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

Well now you see what happens when you tell kids fairy tales. They grow into teenagers who still crave them so bad they are willing to create their own. :D

16. KSprenk

KSprenk be

Man you must be tired, you are only getting about 5 hours of sleep, thats assuming you go to sleep right after your class. Man I get about 10 hours of sleep and I am tired as anything. Must be the high quality ninja training. But yes I second everything anyone said on here, especially the food part.

17. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Is Rick Tew still doing those ballet moves that he claims in ninjutsu? I hope so as a quick pasdoble to the jewels is a very good counter.

18. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

It's a lot of nonsense that they train nineteen hours a day for seven days a week. If you look at the site it states that they take time off to go sightseeing and stuff.

19. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

FEEL the incredible Ferocity!

SEE the BRUTAL Combat!

WITNESS insane FEATS OF MIND-NUMBING ENDURANCE!

What's that, you say? Are you in the:

United States Marine Corps?

Wusses by comparison!

M Squadron, Special Boat Service?

Say hello to Ariel for us, Mermaids!

The French Foreign Legion?

Crepe-eating doilie-shakers!

No, if you want rough , if you want tough , if you want just plain bad , you know what you have to do:

Pick up that phone and dial 1-800-TEW-NINJA!

Do it NOW!

Be one of the first fifty callers and receive the free Special Report on Martial Science and how you, too, can endure feats worthy of a demigod in three quick and easy lessons.

Okay, now that I got that off my chest, can anybody here possibly give me some comparison to the logic-suspending amount of endurance these guys must have? I mean, think about it:

Nineteen hours of muscle-straining, bone-crunching, calorie burning punishment, as your opponents hammer away at your body with full-contact shots in a neverending assault like some weird ninja version of Gladiator.

Nineteen hours.

Nineteen.

And then, just when they're about to literally fall dead from sheer physical exhaustion, they go for a ten-mile jog.

And of course, since they've left their Ninja Camp, and run ten miles through the dark, what do they have to do then?

Run another ten miles back.

So, let me get this straight: these guys brutally assault each other with endurance that makes members of the French Foreign Legion force marching through Tunisia pale in comparison, then go jogging???

And, after that, they go sightseeing!

Can someone explain this to me, because I'm just not tracking!

--Snake

Okay, I know I'm exaggerating, okay? But it was still fun to write!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  20. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

7 days a wk and 12-19 hrs a day?Must be nice not to have a job and still be able to pay for tuition and the internet!Where do I sign up for the course that gives you that?