Bigger or Smaller

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Taliar, Oct 17, 2005.

?

Bigger or Smaller Guy in a fight

1. Bigger

79.4%
  2. Smaller

20.6%
  1. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

In response to a long and interesting thread currently running.

In a fight would you rather be the bigger guy or the smaller guy!

Its not about what you normally are, or whether this small guy is better than that big guy.

Which would you rather be in a fight in order to give you the best chance of winning.

Or if you were betting on a fight in which you knew nothing about the fighters but one was visibly bigger than the other who would you back.

And there both fit and healthy and not blind, or stupid or possesing magical powers etc etc

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  2. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Depends on who the 'guys' are. If the smaller guy was Wanderlei Silva and the bigger guy was John Candy I'd rather be the small guy.

3. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Hahahaha

Well im my case im usually 'The Bigger Guy' so that's my pick

4. seiki juku kid

seiki juku kid New Member

i'm happy as i am and i'm generally the smaller one :eek:

5. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Taliar: You may want to rephrase the question as : "Would you rather be bigger or smaller than someone attacking you" seeing as people are goign to try and twist this as much as possible. <Cough>Medi<Cough> :D

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

And also the person you're fighting is unknown! Or else people will constantly use a lightweight UFC fighter or a 600lb bed ridden burger addict to argue their point :rolleyes:

7. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Very good point. Maybe the original question should be rephrased. :D

8. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Let's not forget Chi masters and ninja's as well.

This is looking pretty grim for us, we only have a bed ridden 600lb burger addict to take on the entire UFC light weight division, a load chi masters, an entire ninja clan and Royce Gracie!

Looks like we might be about to get:

[​IMG]

:D :D

9. JinkokMike

JinkokMike New Member

Hello welsh Buddy, I've choosen to be larger than the attacker for reach purposes.

10. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

I break it down into the boxer mentality. Big guy can generally take and give out alot more punishment than a smaller guy. Unless the smaller guy is some lightning-quick kung fu black belt, chances are he'll get killed. :)

11. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

There's a good chance he's still going to get killed.

12. Pyro

Pyro New Member

Yep I second that. He'll still get killed.

13. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

my god, its SPAWNING!

I would be the little guy because little people are faster than big people (who are always obese) and big muscles just mean you are slower. and using my physics knowledge I learnt at the age of 14 I know that speed is how you make damage so the faster you are the more damage you do. Also, my master has a goddamn HUGE twirly moustache and he says im right.

14. Topher

Topher allo!

I would prefer to be the bigger person. When i say bigger i dont mean massive, just a bit bigger that the other guy, enought to give me some advantage.

15. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

well, I'm 6' 3" and am usually the bigger one in the fight, so I'm going with the big guy. Simply because I don't really know what it's like to be the small guy :D

16. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

If anybody says they'd rather be the smaller person... they're either a fool or have never been in a fight before.

17. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

I'm 5'10" in Louisiana I'm the bigger guy, and I prefer it like that. I've been the smaller guy on too many occasions. Technique and strategy will help over come size, strength and speed differences, so does being mean and nasty.

18. Topher

Topher allo!

Ditto :D

19. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Psychologically speaking i would rather be a small guy. Chances are they have "short guy-syndrome" and have more of a fire lit under their ass in fights. Bigger guys have a tendency to be over confident and might be too arrogant for his own good. Ive seen some big dudes get taken down very easily. But as far as the general public goes, i suppose being a bigger untrained guy is better than being a smaller untrained guy.

20. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Your sig explains your ignorance. So I wont even argue with you, you owned yourself.