Hwa Rang

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by TkdNick, Oct 3, 2005.

1. TkdNick

TkdNick New Member

I hear that this pattern is in a video game, maybe street fighter or tekken something like that.

My question is, has anyone got an mpeg of this clip that we could download?? - would really like to see it???

Thanks in advance...

2. Dr.Quinn

Dr.Quinn BOLO!!!

Uhhh...there's a guy in Tekken 4 named Hwa Rang I think...

I havnt played for a while, but im pretty sure thats his name, and he deffinatly does TKD, but i've never seen him do a pattern in the game :D

I just learned that pattern 2 days ago, I like it.

Good luck

EDIT : I take it back, I was wrong!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  3. KudaraTaekwon

KudaraTaekwon New Member

Well, I know for certain that Hwoarang character in Tekken 5 does a pattern.
    I don't know if that is the Hwoarang tul that he is doing, since I don't do ITF.

However, the game doesn't show you the pattern in its entirety. It shows him doing the pattern only briefly (like 3 seconds) after the fight if he wins.

4. Dr.Quinn

Dr.Quinn BOLO!!!

I take it back.

I just went and popped in the game and his name is Hwo Rang, but he does actually do tiny bits of patterns at the end of his fights. I first saw him do Yol Gok (sp?), then Won Hyo, then joong gun. I think that the character Jin does the hwa rang pattern, but i couldnt remember how to get him to do it.

5. TkdNick

TkdNick New Member

What I'd heard is that on the 'title screen' if you leave it without playing it goes to a demo and there the hwa rang pattern is done...

6. Azeotrope

Azeotrope Valued Member

7. niclans

niclans Valued Member

Yeap, it is hwa rang

Hi, i'm new guy here. I'm new but have been practicing TKD ITF/GTF for 4 years now and a 1st Dan myself. Yeap i can assure that the character Hwa Rang actually did the pattern itself, i've done that in competition, and obviously a favourite pattern among competitors below 1st Dan. Thank you

8. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  9. taekwondo_gurl

taekwondo_gurl New Member

this is actually my form at the moment and its one of my favorites

10. Vayne

Vayne New Member

Yes, i like Hwa Rang most out of all my patterns/forms too!
    I'm a 1st Kup and i'm so tired of doing Chung Mu (i know it backwards!) i actually do Hwa Rang for FUN! :eek:

Although the 1st Dan pattern/form looks insanely good! ;)

/Vayne

11. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

In the opening of Tekken 3, Hwoarang DOES perform a digitised, and slightly altered version of Hwa Rang Tul. In his victory animations through all his appearances in the Tekken series, he also performs movements from one of the black-belt patterns, the name of which escapes me, and the first six movements of Hwa Rang.

Nowhere at all, does Hwoarang perform Won Hyo, Joong Gun, or Yul Gok. It's easy to confuse the Hwa Rang animation with Won Hyo though, because of the similar movements at the beginning.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  12. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

He does the hwarang pattern in tekken 3.
    I have also met the guy who did the moves for hwoarang (put those little white ping pong ball things on). he's really cool, and really good at tkd

13. KudaraTaekwon

KudaraTaekwon New Member

What language does he speak?
    I know Hwang Su-il is Korean-Japanese. I wonder if he speaks Korean.

14. Slavist

Slavist New Member

15. Qdmasta

Qdmasta Valued Member

Yeah, it was pretty bad.

16. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Really Bad...

Dear Guys,

I am certain that there is an instructor responsible for that highly flawed pattern. Just remember behind every great practitioner is a great teacher...what does that tell you about the less than great?

TAEKWON!
    SPooKeY

17. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Yea i think he does, he also speaks japanese and english.
    He's the man.

18. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

When he wins a fight you usually see him doing the first few moves of the pattern

19. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

huh? what? that only means his sifu is not that good... ^^

20. Gray

Gray New Member

Hwoarang was the greatest Tekken character!

Now, if only taekwondo could be used like that... I'd love to learn aggresive taekwondo. All I was ever taught was non-contact, controlled sparring.