Kuk Sool Won defeats pimp

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by AZeitung, Aug 15, 2005.

1. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

This video http://www.m90.org/download.php?image_id=3269 has been posted on this forum several others, saying that a karate master knocked out the pimp. It turns out that the man in the video is actually a 6th dan in Kuk Sool Won.

For some reason, I can't find his picture on the masters page anymore (I could have sworn it was there a few months ago), but there is a picture of him with master Simms on this page http://www.upstatekuksoolwon.com/ksw_covers.htm at the bottom right.

2. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Need any more proof of the street effectiveness of the strike in Maek Chi Ki #7? I love how he feigned with a right and then threw a left soo do. Classic...classic...

3. zac_duncan

zac_duncan New Member

I'm trying to find where I read it, but I believe this cat is actually a Tang Soo Do guy. In one of the forums I read they knew his name and everything. I can't find it now.

4. AZeitung

I've read on Bullshido, as well as other places, that he's Kuk Sool Won. Also, if you look at the picture on the page, a guy named Jay Lee is (or was?) a kuk sool master. I've heard various things, but the one that seems to consistantly come up is Kuk Sool. The guy looks the same as the Kuk Sool Jay Lee, too, as far as I can see, although it's not a great picture or video (but look at the hair). I'm pretty sure he's Kuk Sool and not Tang Soo Do.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  5. Jungdo

Jungdo Valued Member

that is is to dam funny

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah that is one of the better vids out there.
    Even watching it the first time I thought..

uh oh - that pimp is gonna catch a big right cross!

and then KAPOW!!!!!!!!

he catches something totally different.

nice! :D

One thing the video shows is the futillity in intervening in fights of that kind. The women often will defend their attacker, they won't press charges and you end up with a lot of hassle to no real avail. Unfortunately.

There is a pretty good chance that hooker got a severe beating later in the day. :eek:

7. Falcore

Falcore almost acceptable

I like the end...... BAM. Check that he's out. Nuthin to do now, but STRUT!!

8. JSun

JSun Valued Member

You know it. Some pimp gets humiliated in the middle of his block by a cracker in jogging pants...she had a beat down coming for sure. You've got to give Mr. Lee props for his honor, but many times it's better to let the 5-0's handle a situation like that. That's what they're paid for.

9. DafyddReed

DafyddReed Valued Member

no matter what that art is , in the general media its always
    some guy "so you know karate" when you say you train in a martial art
    plus then "ok then show me a flying kick"

10. JKN_RSM

JKN_RSM New Member

KJN Jay Lee is actually a member of the 5-0. He is a self-defence instructor for the Houston Texas Police Force. The incident happened while he was teaching a group of police officers and decided to go outside to break it up.

11. AZeitung

Now that I think about it, I remember reading a really old article online about non-asian martial arts instructors that mentioned Jay Lee, Marlin Sims, and I think some others. At the time the article was written, they were both first or second degree black belts, but it referred to them as the cream of the crop. Lee said that people would call his school expecting him to be asian.

12. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

LOVE the video! I especially love how the guy *tries* to get back up and look tough. :D