Rickson accepts Silva's challenge! holy schnikes batman.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ThaiBxr, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

NOCAUTE Magazine ( Same publisher as GRACIE Magazine) July 2005

"Eu topo lutar com Wanderlei a qualquer hora. Agora é com o pride resta saber se eles vão cobri as duas bolsas".

Which translates to:

"I´ll accept fighting with Wanderlei anytime. Now it´s up to PRIDE to cover the purses."

I've heard from somebody who trains with Rickson, that Rickson's purse is set at $1,000,000. That is a purse which PRIDE will definitely cover to see this fight go through... my god... I can't believe this fight might actually be happening.

2. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Do you have a link? I'd like to see it but it probably won't happen.

3. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Oh this could be interesting :D

4. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

No sorry, it's from a Brazillian magazine.

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Someone's been on Sherdog today ;)
    It'll never happen but in the highly unlikely event that it does (about as likely as Eugene from Big Brother scoring with Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba at the same time), I'm picking Wanderlei by murder

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  6. notquitedead

I figured if it were true it would have been on a reputable web page by now. I don't think sherdog counts as reputable. ;)

Yeah if it does happen, Silva will probably either end it fast or Rickson will pull guard and hold on and lose by decision.

7. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

It'll never happen and if it does watch out for "special" Gracie rules!!! i.e no soccer kicks and no stand-ups for stalling on ground.

8. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I doubt it'll happen because I could just imagine the amount of money Rickson wants for this. If it does happen, it better not be special rules and Rickson better win by armbar. I know he won't, and I'm a fan of Wandy, but I just think it would be cooler.

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

We all know Wanderlei would take the fight for a regular purse; Rickson on the other hand, he'd want heaven and earth for it... :)

10. impala

impala New Member

cause he actually doesnt wanta fight wand... if you go against wand you know you gonna get hurt, so it better pay off xD

11. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

I think Rickson would have a chance if he could get it to the ground.

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I think Wanderlei would murder him before he got anywhere near a takedown. Hell, I'm not sure how well he'd do on the ground - his guard was great in his day, but he's never faced anyone with gnp like Silva. ADCC he'd probably beat him, MMA, Rickson would be a stain on the mat. We know this, he knows this and that's why if Pride even entertains this ridiculous notion, he's gonna ask for $150million or something just so he can say "I wanted Silva but Pride bottled it because they know I'd destroy their champion and they wouldn't pay me"

13. notquitedead

I doubt Rickson is very good at takedowns anyways.

14. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

If you ask me, Rickson's hype is all BS. 400+ street fight victories? Yeah OK, I wonder how they worked that one out. The Gracies have been treading carefully since their image of invincibility was shatted *cough* Sakuraba *cough* and IMO Rickson is their little piece of mythology that they can use to add mystique to t3h d34d13y BJJ. I don't think they'll put him out there in a fight because they don't to risk him losing. After all the hype, if he lost they'd be a laughing stock.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Hell If I'm gonna get beaten up by Wandy for 20minutes, I'll might as well ask for a million as well. Which should just about cover medical costs, insurance pay offs and funeral expenses.

Also it would have to be in 1Million Pound sterling, cos its more that way :D

Actually this could be anyone's fight. Lets hope it does happen.

16. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

It is hard to tell because in the eyes of most (including me), Wandy would stomp him into the canvas, but who knows how hard Rickson has been training? Who knows how much his game has changed/improved over time? Maybe he won't be as much of a pushover as everyone thinks. The most probable situation is he'll ask Pride for too much money and the fight won't happen. However, I don't think he'd run the risk of possibly having to fight (by accepting the challenge) if he wasn't prepared to do so, it would destroy what is left of he and his family's image and reputation (or does he even care anymore?). It's hard to say how the fight would go since Rickson has been out of the spotlight for so long, but judging by the way Wandy has been fighting, its unlikely that he'll lose to Rickson.

How old is Rickson anyway?

17. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

I think you've hit the nail on the head there...his age will give him the excuse he needs if he does get pummelled into the ground. We'll hear the "Wanderlai is in his prime...now, if Rickson was in his prime....blah blah blah" excuses.

The fight will never happen.

18. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

There is a post on another forum that one of the parties has already signed and the other is due to sign within 24 hrs and that this is being set up for the New Years Eve show!

Don't know how true it is though!

:eek: I might have to eat my words!

19. impala

impala New Member

but wand isnt in his prime anymore.. he lost his fire somehow.

20. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Please explain....