Real Fight Stories

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Beingatone, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Beingatone

Beingatone New Member

I want to hear your fight stories and not some made up BS I took on 6 guys and waisted them all cause you are either a big fat faced lier or really talanted and I'm glad to have your post and would like to train with you haha. But seriously I want to hear all the stories i can on real fights even if they are just a one punch win or loss. Also please explain how it lead up to your fight and why thanks guys.

2. incubus

incubus Valued Member

I agree with you , BS stories just suck. I will let you know the event that made me continue my MA training. This happened around 12 years ago when I had just started training. Me and some friends were out at a local feast , and while walking back home we came across this group of around 10 guys (older than us) in an alley.
    It was immediately obvious that they were looking for trouble, and started a discussion with one of my friends while we came across them (it was inevitable) .
    We were 4 guys, so as soon as the argument started 2 of my friends just ran away, and me and my friend remained there ,without any choice but to confront them.

I was immediately surrounded by around 6 of these guys and backed against a wall so none of them can attack me from behind. As soon as they started to get nearer to me , I just let out a punch to the nearest guy,and dropped him. That's all I remember ,and as soon as I found a gap, I escaped.

This story remained with me and made me continue my MA training,which at that time was in its infancy. I continued training till today. I never had a similar story since that day but am sure that I would handle it better.

3. Beingatone

Beingatone New Member

To be honest it sounded like you handled pretty well back then I mean you escaped and you took a guy out thats sounds good to me.

4. mrsumo

mrsumo Invictus Maneo

I have spent most of the last decade as a bouncer in various night clubs, nudie bars, etc.. I was the head of security at a pretty large night club in oregon. As such I had to lead crews of men into freys quite often. One of the most important qualaties of a leader is the instill trust in your men. If you falter or flee from a fight, who is going to follow you in. So I have several fight stories under my belt, but here is a pretty cool one. It was middle of summer on a saturday night, that put my crew at about nine bouncers. A big to do was going on outside. My door man called me up about a wedding party that wanted in but were turned away for being already too drunk. I would have to say there were about eight fellas and just as many ladies. They were trying to get inside where another part of their party were waiting. After speaking with their spokes person, who wasn't close to the most sober of the bunch, I decided they needed to have a good time somewhere else. So I told them so. I was busy so I turned to walk back inside the club when dude blindsides me in the temple. It hurt... I turned up to see the guy six paces back bobbing and weaving like something he saw on t.v. "You are one stupid M.F." I said as I charged for him. Before I could even reach my fleeing attacker my boys were on him. All of his buddies jumped in and in no time. It took about a second for my guys to wedge up(something we spent quite a bit of time training for). They paired off and squashed the problem instantly. I spent most of that fight checking out my guys who had the problem under control. You could hear the screams of their dates yelling at us to leave their poor men alone. You could also hear the screams of "im going to sue you!" and "hey fat ass, wait til we see you alone". The usual cries of those who start fights and get upset when they lose. The horrible headache I got from mister sneaky man was worth the pride I felt in my guys. We had plenty of shift drinks and loud stories that night.

Hope that wasn't too cheesy for you.

5. Beingatone

Beingatone New Member

I canr relate im a bouncer aswell although i have only been for 1 year i understand your circumstance. Actually Its sort of funny cause im the smallest bouncer at my club 72kilos(154LBS) and I work with guys who are over 180Kilo(400lbs plus). But Im starting to get a much better understand of aggression and people and starting to pick up the signs.

6. mrsumo

mrsumo Invictus Maneo

Im not sure how to translate kilos into pounds, but i'm a 400 pounder. I'll tell you what, some of my best guys were well under 200lbs. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

7. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

I weigh 132lbs and have worked nightclubs and private parties for extras between corperate stints. Some places I went for took one look and said no (not big enough), others requested my agency for me specifically (more to do with customer service skills than anything else...even though that place had a rough reputation, Flemington for the Melbournites).

I've got into trouble once, basically if someone's 180lbs or better, in good fighting trim and a total hardnut I'm in trouble but don't exactly back off (I'm probably going to have to watch that one day, to be honest).
    Even then that was a uniformed solitary at a hospital (ex-con brought his junkie girlfriend in then started freaking out and tore the place up, I didn't have much success putting him out of action...actually got congratulated by the police for having any impact at all, apparently some of his neighbours weren't so lucky).
    Never had a trouble black tie. I've calmed where a team mate was getting some stress without having a trouble (Cowes...another place with a rep), maybe the absence of threat but even so the authority of management has a calming influence. I'm super nice to people basically, stick up for the wronged and all that.

Been doing this for just on three years now, locked up guys, walked them out, but never been properly scored once yet. That's a good thing, right?
    It's 99.9% teamwork, there's no doubts about that but you can't have vacant blocks letting down the whole, it's not like anyone's ever said they don't want to work with me.

One thing I don't get (maybe you more experienced guys can figure this one), I have little or no warning value. I mean if I warn someone, I'm just a pipsqueak. But if I have to move the same group of guys, they back off like I was holding a gun. All apolegies and compliance. If I crack it they seem to get genuinely scared.
    But if I try the friendly warning it's like some old lady just asked them to empty her colostomy bag, all giggles and "yeah, right."
    Take a step towards them and it's like picking up a bird with a broken wing. Doesn't matter if I'm 1 up, on the door, whatever.

I don't get it.

I mean I'm in my thirties, if I tell someone to do something as part of my job I really f**kin' mean it. Is there some kind of trick approach or something, or do I just have to put on 100kg?
    I've tried nice, I've tried "dah st33t," I've tried calmly confident and I've tried drill sergeant. Any ideas?

8. KSprenk

KSprenk be

I posted this in the Ninjutsu frum awhile back so here it is.

So Im at my friends house who lives down the street from me. He had a few friends over, some I knew, most I didnt. So we are all just chilin out(No alchohall involved) and im talkin to this girl. Then this guy comes out of nowhere and says "Hey ******* thats my girlfriend." So I say " Oh i am sorry, I did not know." And He says " Yeah whatever" So about an hour later I am out side blowing stuff up with two other guys and the guy comes up and says "hey dont talk to my girlfriend" so i said" Dude, first of all i had no idea she was your girfriend, second all I did was talk to her" Then out of nowhere he throws a punch at me. I avoided by stepping to my left, I gave him a ****o ken strike(the thumb one, not sure how to spell it.) to the throat and a knee strike to the ribs before taking him down. Then I backed off and went into ichimonji, all completely sub-concious. I had no idea I could do that. So then my two friends jump between us and stop anything else from happening. I didnt really hit him that hard since I didnt want to injure him, I just wanted to get him out of the way.
    It was funny because the guy told my friend that he wanted to fight me the next day, but i got his phone number and talked to the guy and nothing happened.

9. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

I think the mods will be watching this one. Legal issues.

10. Rainofblades

Rainofblades New Member

Well, if the mods are watching then i won't talk about my few-in-number-but-great-in-drama happenings at the local bars since im slightly underage. All i'll say is that when u don't belong in there to begin with, the last thing you want to do is draw attention to yourself.

I've only had one major conflict since i started martial arts. Everything before that was just trading punches and whoever was left standing wins.

My GF and i were at her friends house. Her friend's bf (6'3, 200lbs) was over. No parents were present. Turns out, this guy's a real psycho. Me and my gf are in this bedroom (nothing happened :cry: ) Her friend and big guy are in the other room horsing around when all of a sudden she starts screamin "Stop it!" my gf goes runnin i didnt think much of it cuz they been makin noise the whole time plus i was distracted cuz i was on the phone.

Well, turns out this guy was trying to rape my gf's friend, and he actually got my gf good with a elbow to the cheek before i finally came in to see wtf was going on. But it was cool cuz once i walked in, he just kinda looked at me and stopped, then left a few minets later. we found out later that he told his friend earlier that day he planned to rape this girl.

It made me feel good because i was able to prevent that just by my presence there. The guy knew i was a martial artist and i coulda taken him out if i needed to. I guess we were kinda askin for it what wit the no-parents an all, but everything worked out.

Not really a fight story, sorry, but Sun Tzu said that the battle is won or lost before it is ever fought.

11. mattjd

mattjd Valued Member

I have never been in a real fight, but had the chance to about 10 times in my 15 year life.

Matt

12. jkdking

jkdking New Member

i am by no mean a great fighter and need to control my anger as i found out last saturday night 2 guys were outside my house sticking a cro bar down my door of my car and ripping the door off.
    i heard them whilst in bed i automatically forgot to do the sensible thing and call the cops, i just ran down stairs and out the front door and roundhouse kicked one of the guys in the head and his cheek split right open , his friend ran away . i then came to my senses and helped the guy up and called him an ambulance.

but the moral is these guys could very well of had a gun or knife and i just lost control and went off on a childish moment and kicked his butt

im so not proud of myself for this and i have learned from this mistake.

p.s im new to england as im from beijing so my english typing is no good sorry

13. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

I have not had to do much really. A few years ago I was in a pub that had an outdoor area. I was underage as were about 30% of everyone in there I would guess. In the UK there is not too much bother if you get found out, because it's almost always those that run the place that get into trouble rather than you.

Anyway, it was packed and I think I managed to **** someone off though I still have no idea what I did. I might have spilled his drink accidentally or something. Anyway, he glared at me and I felt a fair whack of fear at that point. He was short guy but much better built than me. He walked towards me and I backed off a bit. His first move was to try and rugby tackle me. Luckily I managed to not go down to ground (there was broken glass everywhere down there, not nice at all) and I ended up rammed into a wall. His head was at my left side, so I reached across with my right hand and put my fingers under his chin, then yanked him off. The fight seemed to go out of him once I had him like that. It's true what they say, that if you can control his head then you can control him.

14. WTKFCroat

WTKFCroat Banned Banned

Yesterday I was walking home from the local quarter master’s shop with my latest combat knife when I saw an old man being accosted across the way. I ran to his assistance and kicked one of the attackers. There were like four of them. They all had hoods and sneakers. The guy I kicked fell over a wall and the others turned to me. I got the combat knife out of my rucksack and they suddenly stopped like “Oh my god, he’s got a blade”. Then one of the draws a desert eagle like that’s gonna scare me. So before he could **** it I threw the knife and it caught him in the chest. I was right behind it and ramming it home. I picked up the desert eagle and put a few caps into the other guys’ legs. The old man was like “wow, thank you son” and he invited me in for biscuits whilst we waited for the cops to arrive. Then like the press arrived but my probation officer recommended me to say nothing. I reckon he’ll get me off. I’m gonna say the old man had the knife. If they find out it’s mine I’m in the pen. It’s a condition of my parole. It was wicked.

15. WTKFCroat

WTKFCroat Banned Banned

But the old man's daughter was cute so I think I'm in there.

16. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Damn! Where is the third Billy goat when you need him?

17. hux

hux ya, whatever.

that is weird...maybe your demeanor speaks louder when you are moving "in"?

The last time I was in an honest to goodness fight I was in the 4th grade...I think somebody called my momma a name. Everybody knows, you don't talk about my momma. I pushed him, he pushed me, I punched him in the face, he kicked me in the nads. It hurt a lot. I cried. That was pretty much it.

:D

18. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Haven't been in any fights since I was 16 (nearly 10 years ago now) but the two that I can remember:

First one was an organised fight like ony a 15 yo can organise. I didn't really want to but was pressured into it. The other dude came in and tackled me around the waist, I just brought my knee up and my elbow down and knocked him out cold. The worst part was that the next day at school he was spreading that I had attacked him from behind.

The last fight I had was soon after that one but at a different school (moved around alot). It was the typical 'prove something' fight. One guy was hassling me. I was ignoring him as the school I just left had characters a hell of a lot scarier than this guy. Don't really remember how it started but he got me by suprise and I tripped backwards over a bench seat, he followed and tried to ground n pound me. I grabbed his wrists and some how got off the ground, then used my forearm to pin him by his throat to a tree. A week before I promiced mum that I wouldn't fight at this school and that kept running through my head so once he had stopped trying to swing at me (benefit of some pressure on his throat) I said 'No!' and backed off. He got the message but we avoided each other from then on.

I found my peace when I excercized that control over myself and have been a better person since.

19. Beingatone

Beingatone New Member

These are all pretty good fights stories. i figure everyone has had a chance to share i might aswell. In my life i have been in alot of scuffles and fights Im not saying i have had 100fights actually the number is close to around a dozen or more and im not going to say i was this innocent kid who someone else instigated the fight actually probably about half the time I fought It was cause of me call them out. Im not proud of this but i will not lie about this. My actual first fight happend when I just moved to Kelowna(BC, Canada) I was in grade 1 and a big kid was picking on me for about 4 months so i came up wth a plan one day he slapped my head so i grabbed his hair and pulled out a rock I had in my pants and smashed in the face with it, proabably a couple timesbefore he fell then i mounted him and kept on hitting him with it.
    Everyone freaked out i cant blame them my teach was petrafied cause i did this in class infront of her but i was happy cause no one messed with me afterwards. This is my most important fight cause after it i relized that winning fights can be fun and kids all wanted to be my friend( Remeber i was about 6 so i did not care why I was just happy to be popular). Anyways I will give you the fight that i had that made me relized that fighting really sucks i had just moved to Surrey I was 16 and just so you guys know surrey is not a nice place there are some tough kids and worse gangs. I was playing basketball in PE and i went for a rebound and got elbowed on the way down on purpose i took real offence and then it happend i opened my mouth the kid gt really angry i could see it in hid eyes and So i slugged him rate in the chin before he could do it to me which layed him out and his friends came one jumped over him and i punched him to rate in the chest and he went down but behind him was about 4 or 5 other guys I remebr i threw a kick which hit one kid but at the same time i got nailed with a punch in the chin I alsmot fell but in a fit of rage i tried to take out the kid who hit me but it was a bad mistake i was swarmed and beaten for about 30 or 45 secounds and then finally a teacher stepped in. the worse part was not the beating but the harassment i recieved afterwards i had no friend at this school cause i had just started and it did not help i got into a fight with one of the (Indian) gangs in the school. thankfully we moved soon afterwards

20. wayofnosword

wayofnosword Valued Member

my umm... 'fight' story

Background Info:
    this particular person (seb) was at odds with me because one his friends (ron) battled a friend of mine(david) and lost. ron them got seb because he needed back up or something. we were at another friend's house (justin's), not just waiting around for the next battle. anyway this seb guy was pretty popular among the people at my highschool and is used to getting his way, so when it did not work he obviously became angered.

The Lead Up:
    friend justin and i were sleeping at friend david's house on a friday night and were walking to blockbuster to rent a psx game. on the way we happened to cross paths with seb and his friend, who happened to be undefeated in highschool wresting in this state. seb walked right infront of me (just inches apart), stopped, and began using various verbal intimidation techs. my friends kept walking, not realizing what was going on, and stopped about half a block away. david was afraid of seb and his friend and suggested to justin that they leave me there alone (thanks a lot david).

The 'Fight':
    When seb's verbal intimidation fell short, he attempted to punch me, which did not work because i blocked it. after another attempt, he grabbed my right hand, which was the one i had previously blocked with. another punch came and i managed to block with my left hand, but yet another came and he hit my chin. he then mentioned something about how i was lucky and next time he will 'hurt' me even more. seb and his friend then left.

The Followup:
    As it turned out, seb was in my art class, and on monday, he left for the nurse's office after consulting the teacher. mrs rabey then came to my table and said "dan, what did you do to him?" i had no idea what she was talking about, but she explained that his hand was red and quite inflamed. seb told the nurse that he and his friend were jumped on the way home from blockbuster (sooo didn't happen that way). justin was in one of the side rooms taking his meds, and happened to overhear this. he came out laughing and seb pointed and said "that's one of them". the nurse knew justin and she laughed at the idea.

tuesday came around and seb showed up to art class with a cast on his broken hand. then at lunch ron sat by me and asked if it hurt when seb hit me. i told him no, which it did not in the least, but he insisted that it must have, because seb told him that he hit me as hard as he could, and that is why his hand broke. that was the funniest thing ever, to hear that he punched with his all but had no effect. lol seb probably did not want me to know that part.

that is my 'fight' story. it was obviously not much of a fight. my victory is credited to my blocking ability and largely to his punching (in)ability. after this he said that 12 of his friends were going to jump us after school, which never happened. he never attacked again.

sorry for the long post guys, but the next closest thing to a fight story is about as funny as this one, maybe not as long, but equally rediculous.