why advertise this here?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by hux, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hux

hux ya, whatever.

So out of curiosity I finally clicked one of the banner ads in the upper right corner and got this:

http://otddojo.com/frontend/franchiseemock.asp

with all the talk of McDojo's that goes on around here, what the heck is this?

ugh.

2. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

HAH

Bashing the ads that help pay for this site, ...good one! :bang:

3. Britzy

Britzy New Member

Lol 'no martial arts experience needed'

I remember someone saying that map has no controll over the ads that appear on thier site...

4. hux

hux ya, whatever.

quoted from the website:

Own multiple Mobile DojosTM by becoming an Order Of the Dragon Franchisee.

Minimal Investment

No brick and mortar location
    necessary

No long term lease expenses

No Martial Arts knowledge
    necessary

Step by step training at the Order of the Dragon University

Website & Marketing support from OTDTM

no martial arts knowledge necessary. nice.

5. hux

hux ya, whatever.

>>Bashing the ads that help pay for this site, ...good one!

are you serious? even an ad for such an obvious fraud is above reproach if they are paying? You're joking, right?

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

MAP has no control over the Google ads that appear here on the site.

Do you really take everything you see on the internet seriously? ...

7. hux

hux ya, whatever.

>>MAP has no control over the Google ads that appear here on the site.

then MAP should take them off if they include this kind of crap.

>>Do you really take everything you see on the internet seriously? ...

not sure what you mean by this...is that a satirical site? Didn't appear to be.

If by "on the internet" you mean "on MAP", then yea, I guess I do take it a little seriously. The site purports itself to be a credible source of info, and I guess I was beginning to consider myself a member and contributor of some knowledge. I guess I am in the definite minority in objecting to this ad? Wow.

8. Bograt

Bograt Banned Banned

The designers of this site did not start the threads on McDojo's i'm assuming? It is the members of this site who choose to coment on the McDojo's as do you have a right to identify and ask for clarification on your concerns. I aggree it is curious, however who the site mods / developers choose to allow an add which I also assume helps to pay for the site then that is thier business.

I personally feel that the issue of this blatant McDojo be addressed especially as it is an advert on MAP but wheather the mods need to justify this then I don't think they do.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

No. It's an objectionable ad. But I'm not in a position to give MAP the income they presumably get from that bloke. I AM, however, willing to take advantage of an extensive website that's privately owned and operated at NO EXPENSE to me.

If we were all willing to pay to participate in MAP, then things might be different.

Stuart

10. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Yes. And I hold you, Kickchick, personally responsible for all of it.

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I can understand your concern and am happy that YOU at least have clicked on an ad here and there. I'm sure most members aren't even aware of the Google AdSense boxes that appear on the pages.

All I can say is... if it really bothers you so much then don't blame the messenger.

Go to the source and voice your opinions on their ad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.