SPLIT: The Dragon's history/experience (split from "Learning to take punches")

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by The Dragon, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dragon

The Dragon Banned Banned

So let’s get this correct, the next time someone tries to hit you in the street before they do turn around and say to them, hang on a sec let me just tense my stomach up so this is not going to hurt me. of course not in this video they are standing there ready and tensing up and waiting to get hit in real life you don’t have this choice. and im sure that I remember some where I saw Bruce say 99% of what they teach in these places are total baloney, It looks good but it doesn't work, And are simply just no good in a real life situation, and I would agree with that. fair enough you can kick your legs up and hit a punch bag but when you got someone 6 ft 4 in front of you in real life about to punch you, things maybe a little different. This is why Bruce invented his own style, Jeet Kune Do

2. The Dragon

The Dragon Banned Banned

This is why it went wrong because you were trying to hard, let it come to you, let it flow into your body, relax and it will come to you, ease your mind.

3. oosh

oosh Valued Member

lol 'the dragon' surely this is some kind of new trolling method !? -

1. Wack in some random comment without reading the thread.
    2. Do no research into the discipline being discussed
    3. Then give some non informed opinion based on the 0% knowledge you have aquired through not trying to substantiate what your saying.
    4. Chuck in a few random Bruce Lee quotes

awesome bound to annoy people ;)

If in fact you are not trying to annoy people...you fall into the category of the wholly misinformed ! :p

4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Dragon.

Take that Bruce Lee blowup doll out of your bed and throw it away. Tear down the Bruce Lee pinups off your walls, and take "Enter the Dragon" out of your DVD player.

No one cares what Bruce Lee said in his movies, you dont see us using Van Damme movies as justification of bashing an art.

5. RobP

RobP Valued Member

No, totally incorrect. Do you understand the basic principle of progression in training? I guess not.

6. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Oh right well that's what I'm doing wrong...I should be tensing up in my Systema training then should I?

Oh thank's I've been going about it all wrong!
    Well I thank you for your well informed comments.....(if the smilies were working then there'd be one rolling it's eyes here)

Tensing up in Systema lol not bloody likely! Please go read even better find a class then come back with a slighlty more informed decision!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  7. Lord Spooky

My god just found this posted by Dragon on 13th July!

Dragon you don't even train and you're criticising an MA!!

I can't belive it!

You're telling two people, who are not only Systema instructors but also between them have a lot of experience in both Chinese and Japanes martial arts and real life application of MA, how they should train and you've got bugger all in the way of experience!

8. The Dragon

The Dragon Banned Banned

You guys got a lot to learn you really have what I have comes to me naturally the only reason I asked what I should train in was because for many years I have been taught with some great people who don’t do it for a living but do it for anyone who wants to learn but you have to find them they don’t come to you. so I just wanted to find a place and another style to see how different they would teach me and see if I could learn something different from what I already know, then go on to the big contests. And for take out of The Dragon out my DVD player it’s not in there im not really a Bruce lee fan. But it seems to me you know very little about this whole thing you have experience so what? Learn from the master and see the power of what he says 99% of what they teach is crap and I would more then likely agree with that. If you are so good then why are you not known for being the best? Now come back and say something like oh well but I don’t want to be known im just happy doing it locally to where I live. I see most of you bad mouth Bruce, maybe because you just wish you could be like him and have that talent? I think your just dam jealous, because you don’t have what he has. Now tell me what you would do if someone has a knife to you what would be your move?

9. oosh

oosh Valued Member

#43 Today, 09:10 PM
    The Dragon
    Registered User Join Date: Jul 2005

You guys got a lot to learn you really have what I have comes to me naturally the only reason I asked what I should train in was because for many years I have been taught with some great people who don’t do it for a living but do it for anyone who wants to learn but you have to find them they don’t come to you. so I just wanted to find a place and another style to see how different they would teach me and see if I could learn something different from what I already know, then go on to the big contests. And for take out of The Dragon out my DVD player it’s not in there im not really a Bruce lee fan. But it seems to me you know very little about this whole thing you have experience so what? Learn from the master and see the power of what he says 99% of what they teach is crap and I would more then likely agree with that. If you are so good then why are you not known for being the best? Now come back and say something like oh well but I don’t want to be known im just happy doing it locally to where I live. I see most of you bad mouth Bruce, maybe because you just wish you could be like him and have that talent? I think your just dam jealous, because you don’t have what he has. Now tell me what you would do if someone has a knife to you what would be your move?

WOW that was hilarious ! where do you come up with this material !?
    Either you're highly deluded and hugely misguided OR you're someone extracting the urine dropping in certain comments to annoy people i.e Now tell me what you would do if someone has a knife to you what would be your move? - which obviously has alot of relevance to Systema ;)

..though I'm partially inclined to the former, seeing as you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of the "comma" :D....in fact I'll hazard a guess that both those options apply ;)

10. Lord Spooky

What arrogance and ignorance yep I'd say you're correct those seem to come very naturally to you!

Are you serious or are you just being a troll?

So what do you do? Explain your MA? Who were/are you teachers?

So that's how you see MA....contests and nothing more?

This whole thing... what Systema or MA in general? So again you're telling people of instructor level in more than just one art i.e. Rob P and Paul Genge
    That you who have had no formal training knows more about the art they teach? pleeeeasse!!!

You sure you don't live under a bridge near a field with three goats in?

Best at what?

Why should we tell you?

Personally probably give him my wallet if that's what he wanted...gasp shock horror.....yes that's right I'd go ok here you go.

Let me leave you with this:

Don't think about winning think about surviving!

Also see bottom sig line!

11. The Dragon

The Dragon Banned Banned

Dear friends

To me MA is about to very important things, 1 is expressing my self in such away to let people know im angry, and 2 is to protect my self and others around me from those who wish to bring us harm.

12. Lord Spooky

OK I'll ask again.

1) Who have you studied under and what is their background?
    2) What is the MA you do?

13. The Dragon

The Dragon Banned Banned

even if I was to give you a name it would mean nothing to you at all would it? This is not someone famous or anything but I have been learning with them for a long time, and they have done most of the ma out there including Jitsu/Judo/Karate/Karate-do-Shotokai/Kung Fu/ and some kick boxing when they first started out. now iv been taught these over many years and have combined all of these into my own style.

Now please let me ask you something how many times have you been face with a real life situation? And what you have learnt by going to classes once or twice a week helped if so how? It’s all good what they teach you in these places but from what I have seen they are not practical when in a real situation. It’s ok going to classes and the other person standing there and them letting you hit them, but im afraid to tell you in real life situation the other person will not be standing still.

14. Lord Spooky

Oh no no no my credability isn't in question...your's is!

You say you have trained with people so who are they?

It's not about them being famous....they don't have to be as the MA world tends to be clicky. I mean it wouldn't take me long to verify the credentials of instructors in either of the two Arts I train in. Your teachers don't have to be celebs as the chance is someone on here or another forum has the means to verify their background or in the very least to of heard of them!

Where are you from? i.e. Country

Oh my god thank you wow I'd never considered that bloody hell you know you may have saved my life. hmm thinking about it though it's does sort of clear up why everytime there's a fight in the local people laugh at me when I ask the other guy to wait while I get my shoes and shocks off and put my Tabi on!!!

Your arrogance is unbeliveable!

sorry but you're well on your way to being thought of as:

Attached Files:

15. Lord Spooky

Tell you what I'll play nice and get out of troll bashing mode!

Please explain the basic principles of your art?

Please explain some basic drills from your art?

What's style of the art's you've listed were studied? oh and I'm assuming that by jitsu you mean some form of jujutsu?

Last of all can you please explain what elements of each art you have taken and the reasons for using them and why did you leave out the bits that you did?

Thank you

16. NaughtyKnight

Dragon, you need to learn something about forums like this.

1. If you bash an INSTRUCTOR of an art, then you are going to get flamed into obvlivion, especially if you dont even train in ma.

2. If you mention Bruce Lee, you will get flamed.

3. If you use Bruce Lee quotes to justify your answers, you will get flamed.

4. If you are rude to Spooky, you will get flamed. He has ALOT of mates on this forum, me included, we dont take kindly to one of our own getting insulted.

Answer his questions, ask in a polite manner, and maybe you will stop getting flamed.

17. The Dragon

The Dragon Banned Banned

Dear friends

I do not need to justify my skill to you nor who or who I haven’t trained with. I have friend of a friend who has personally trained with Bruce in seattle when he use to teach there in his studio. Learn from the master and see the facts, that no one could touch him then and very few people can touch him today not even close. I did not know Bruce my self unfortunately but know people who have trained with him many years ago as a student and they also know kareem. even people that were black belts were asking him for training after they train with him they won tournaments including chuck. One does not need to preparer but always be ready, the moves you learn in ma when you go to your classis are simply predictable and your opponent knows your next move. That’s why this is no good and simply no good in real life the whole point of this is your opponent to have no clue to your next move. Why did I join this forum? To see your opinions, I like to see how others view the world of MA, as one can not here from people all around the world that easy but the forums is the place that gives you that opportunity to here from people all over. Im not here to tell you what to do but help guide you, you maybe a black belt? And this means what in the real world? You have a black belt I can go and buy one and put it around my waist and then I am what? a black belt? This is not how things work one does not need to where a belt in order to show there skill. the only thing belts do is label you when in your class room. I don’t see how you can get real training when you have 1 guy teaching 30 people, how can you really learn this way? You can’t yes he may teach you a few moves but are these enough to stand up in the real world?

And your definition of a troll is what in the book? or is this just a word you like to make up in the forum?

18. Lord Spooky

Ok so I'll ask again as you have yet to answer the questions!

Please explain the basic principles of your art?

Please explain some basic drills from your art?

What's style of the art's you've listed were studied? oh and I'm assuming that by jitsu you mean some form of jujutsu?

Last of all can you please explain what elements of each art you have taken and the reasons for using them and why did you leave out the bits that you did?

Thank you

Oh yeah and just how much Systema experience have you got again?

ps Knightcommander aww thanks I'll buy you a pint or eight if I'm ever over your way :D

pps could a mod please split some of this off as I've no wish to ruin Pauls original thread

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 24, 2005
  19. RobP

RobP Valued Member

"pps could a mod please split some of this off as I've no wish to ruin Pauls original thread "

I'm sure that was the aim - judging by Forums in general it's troll season at the moment. It's interesting how people choose to represent themselves...

20. NaughtyKnight

We sell beer by schooners here. Its slightly less than a pint, so you might need to buy me 10. Dont worry, I'll buy the next 10 ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.