Shinobi kai

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by gonebursar, May 20, 2005.

1. gonebursar

gonebursar Valued Member

Theres a ninjutsu school near where i live in stoke on trent which is part of a group of school known as shinobi kai. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the teaching in these clubs, and whether or not they were quality schools. The web site seemed quite informative, but i always like to hear from someone whose experienced the teaching first hand.

2. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Most people here will agree on one point...

Check their lineage and see if it comes through one of the X-Kans. Even if they don't call themselves Bujinkan/Genbukan/Jinenkan, inquire if they received their rank/training through one of those.

They might have branched off to do their own thing, which is fine, but the easiest way to check their authenticity is to do some history tracing.

May you achieve
    Satori

3. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

website link?

4. gonebursar

gonebursar Valued Member

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

6. gonebursar

gonebursar Valued Member

Lol you know, thinking back. I think thats how i found MAP in the first place.Wow i've just come full circle on myself.

7. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

well at first look there are some BBD info in the posture links , out of the syllabus book, i remember the drawings!

its a bit confusing, its got the Genbukan, Bukinjan(spelt wrong) and everything is NINJA and the hooded 'ninja' is a bit worrying.

but I can't find any detailed info on grades etc

Gary

:)

8. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

9. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

That scrolling stuffs just bugs me, superfast broadband and i still have to wait!

still does not give any detailed history, Instuctors or grades and the 'grandmasters' plural?

its nice to know who trains the instructors and in turn who trains them.

Gary

10. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

I think the grandmasters refer to Hatsumi and Tanemura?

11. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

Along with the interesting Bujinkan spelling they have also spelt Techniques as Techneques?

Certainly a lot of stuff relating to Hatsumi on there, but this organistaion is new to me.

12. sshh

sshh Not Talking Anymore

from the website: "Shinobi Kai Ninjutsu is the study of authentic Ninjutsu without regard to politics or constrains of what is popular. We study the teachings of both the Bujinkan and Genbukan systems..."

At least they're upfront about their lack of ethics.

13. specourt

specourt Hero in a half-wit shell

Sort of off topic, but what is the booj ruling about training in genbukan?
    Not at all? Or just not after Godan? :confused:

14. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

It's a complete no-no, at any level.

That is NOT saying that there's anything wrong with the Genbukan, but Hatsumi sensei feels it's a different path than the one he's trying to show us.

15. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Paradox

Bit of a Paradox that one!

Gary

16. garth

garth Valued Member

In defence of Shinobi Kai, I was for many years a member of the Shinobi Kai in Brighton under Peter Brown. Peter was the first person in the UK to study Ninjutsu back in I think 1983, and I also believe i'm correct in saying that Peter gained 4th Dan under Dr Hatsumi, before most people had even heard of Ninjutsu and also gained black belts under Shoto Tanemura. Peter has also trained with numerous other people including Doron Navon, Stephen Hayes, and Bo Munthe.
    Peter is well respected in the UK by both people involved in the Takamatsuden Arts and in the fields of the military.
    Peter also holds many black belts in other arts outside of Ninjutsu, and was one of the guiding lights in the interest of Ninjutsu in the UK in the early 80s.
    Please do not fall into the trap of thinking that Shinobi Kai is on a par with the Haranoka Hoshinos and other made up dojos of the world.
    Peter for his own reasons has decided to go it alone, but if you ever looking for good training in the Brighton/Hove area of England you could probably do no better that visiting the Shinobi Kai Dojo.

Gary Arthur

17. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

I`m going with Garth here, i`ve also known Peter for many years and can attest to his skill and knowledge, he`s also a very nice person.
    The only comment i would have Garth is when you say that the Shinobi-Kai is not on a par with people like Hoshino, i totally agree but the problem is Peter has a photo of Hoshino in the photo section which could lead people to believe that he may be in someway connected to him, only a small point but as you can see by some of the idiots we get on here that small point could grow.

Say hello to Peter for me when you next see him please.

18. JimGould

JimGould New Member

I also have to go along with the last 2 posts. I started with Peter in 1987 and can attest to his credentials and also have details on his gradings and switch from Buj to Gen ;) and why.

Unfortunately the web site was made by an eager student and is not the best lol

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

If your looking for a school in that area, why not go to Jim's school in nottingham if your worried?

20. gonebursar

gonebursar Valued Member

Theres a school in stoke thats alot closer than that, i just wondered if anyone knew how good it was before i went and had a look. What looks good to me may be terrible since i dont know much about ninjutsu.