Trained M.Artist. V.S. Trained Navy seal commando

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by wael_kaddouh, May 20, 2005.

1. wael_kaddouh

wael_kaddouh New Member

and ill go for m.artist

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

unless the seal had a gun of course ;)

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

... or a knife.

... or a lettuce :rolleyes:

4. wael_kaddouh

wael_kaddouh New Member

lets say hand to hand combat

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

depends on what you mean by a trained martial artist. if you mean the fat guy down the road who teaches tkd, probably not. if you mean Jerome Lebanner then hell yes.

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I don't care :rolleyes:

Who do you think would win in a fight, Superman or the Mighty Thor?

7. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Yup, depends what MA.

8. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

That's good one Freeform

Thor had a fight with the Hulk once, it was great. The Hulk threw a freight train at Thor.

But the Thunder God was winning since he had his god powers in the form of his hammer. Then the Hulk said he was only winning because of the hammer, and called him a coward. So Thor was insulted and threw the hammer away, and decided to only fight with his raw strength.

That was when the Hulk owned his sorry ass and squashed him with a freight train.

9. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yeah, and they'll both get their butts kicked by Dark Phoenix. Remember, she gets annoyed, she eats large stars for breakast... yummy, supernovas!

10. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

Seals can't shoot guns, they don't have opposing thumbs, just flippers

11. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

My money's on the squid.

Ooops, wrong thread...

12. beef

beef New Member

LOL

umm....don't Navy Seals have training in some type of MA?

13. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i used to rain with a seal hand-to-hand instructor, who had very good, text-book striking, but whose kowledge of grappling was lacking. i would take the guy over most of the blackbelt martial-artists posing around as masters.

14. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Oh boy...here we go again...

People, let me make something VERY CLEAR.

Military people, Special Forces or not, are NOT SUPERMEN! They are normal people like you and me with very hard, job specific training.

Therefore, unless the Navy SEAL was also a 20+ year experienced martial artist, or a NHB cage fighter, he probably would only have some basic knowledge of hand to hand. He could tag you pretty well with a firearm, and he probably has the cajones to actually inflict serious injury upon you, but THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE UNARMED COMBAT TRAINING OF THE MILITARY!

Keep in mind, though, that MANY military personnel have martial arts training.

May you achieve
    Satori

P.S. If this was a gag thread, then I feel like a moron.

15. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Then a royal marine comes along and...

I think the MA guy just cos SEALS are too caught up in all this macho stuff and would probably stand there preening him while you kicked his head in

16. meesey

meesey New Member

I HATE THESE QUESTIONS, Errmmm mighty mouse or superman, errm the hulk or popeye, rediculous waste of effort reading

17. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Once the seal got his hands on you, it would be all over. They are trained to kill first and THEN fight.

18. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I vote for the Mighty Thor, cause of his hammer.

19. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

If there are no rules, and it's a straight up fight - SEAL. He is selected, trained and encouraged to kill you. Twice.

People in special forces (SEALS are special forces, I think -apologies, if they are not) are a little different from the rest of us. Not stronger than a trained athlete - not more skilled than an experienced MA. But they have a level of will and ability to tap into aggression in a way that only a very few people have. In addition they are expected and expect to use lethal force in a violent confrontation.

More interesting would be SEAL vs SAS or Delta force

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I've known and met several seals. Very nice guys, very glad they are on my side. Try to be very nice to them if you can. They have the mental strength of a battleship. Their focus and determination is better than 99.9% of the population and will kill you dead if it is needed......