Creatine, Morning, Noon, and Night??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bburns1066, Mar 30, 2005.

1. bburns1066

bburns1066 Valued Member

Hi guys, I know there is 100's of threads about creatine as I do a much needed search first but had no luck in finding my answer.

What are the best times to take creatine, Morning? after breakfeast, after lunch or before you go to the gym say 6pm?

If you take creatine in the morning and then sit as I do allday infront of a computer is there any real point as surly it will just turn into creatinea (not sure on the spelling) any way the waste product of creatine?

Just asking for a little guidance.

Cheers

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

If it is a workout day, take it post-workout. If you take in high-GI carbs at this time with your post-workout shake, then you could use the resulting insulin rush to drive the creatine in as well. Creatine uptake is much better with an insulin spike, but obviously this is only really a good thing for PWO. Morning, noon or night makes little difference. On off days, try taking it at a time where you feel you might have a blood sugar spike. Some people (ie. me :)) have bad habits like eating biscuits when they have a cup of tea, so I sometimes put it in my brew to take advantage of the spike I was going to have anyway! Other than that, you can just take it in water or any kind of non-acidic juice.

3. bburns1066

bburns1066 Valued Member

Recently I have been mixing it with Ribena! That is quite high in sugars, I wonder if that would help with the insulane spike?

4. Svarog

Svarog New Member

The most important thing is that you take it on an empty stomach dissolved in 0,5 l of warm water. Drink immediately.

If you want to combine with carbs, you must take creatin 30 min prior to carbs. The highest level of creatine in blood is one hour after consumtion, and the insulin peak after consuming carb (glucose for example) is 30 min. later.