Ju Jitsu schools in Stoke on Trent?

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by scooby-doo, Mar 21, 2005.

1. scooby-doo

scooby-doo New Member

Hi
    anyone know of any jitsu schools in Stoke or Akido! used to jitsu years ago but time dictated only one art but looking to try it again in a few weeks.

Cheers

2. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

There's an Aiuchi Jiu Jitsu club in Keele.

www.aiuchi.net

I'm in the Bedford club, we're all a pretty friendly bunch. The site has an open forum so you can ask about the club befor paying them a visit.

Moony

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Cheers Moony, I might have got around to checking aiuchi eventually, but it's always easier for someone in the style to do it. Or in fact anyone who isn't me....

:D

4. nickh

nickh Valued Member

Hi,

I know of one school, but it depends which -jutsu in particular you are looking for.

There is a place that teaches Katori Shinto-ryu, but this is mainly kenjutsu, iaijutsu, bojutsu and naginatajutsu.

I believe that there is some jujutsu in Katori Shinto-ryu, but it appears to be secondary to the weapons. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Good luck

5. scooby-doo

scooby-doo New Member

Hi
    im not sure of the difference at all. My aim to is fully appreciate locks, holds and controls. Yeh i'll be looking at pressure points down the line but lets get the basics first so i thought jitsu is the way to go - is it?

6. nickh

nickh Valued Member

If, by "jitsu", you mean JUjutsu (or JUjitsu) then yes, that would probably be what you are looking for in terms of locks, throws, holds etc.

The Katori Shinto-ryu that I mentioned appears to focus mostly on weapons rather than jujutsu, so maybe it's not what you're looking for.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

nick: Aiuchi and The Jitsu Foundation both refer to the art they do as "Jitsu" rather than jujutsu. Why this is, I have no idea, but as a student I just accept it and keep learning :D

8. nickh

nickh Valued Member

Interesting.
    I didn't know that.
    My (limited!) Japanese is quite rusty but I think Jitsu on its own can also mean "truth."