Combat Karate

Discussion in 'Karate' started by mani, May 30, 2003.

1. mani

mani Valued Member

Does anybody know much about combat karate? Doubt it!!

Combat Karate is a karate style which incoporates all karate styles especially goju but also has traces of other karate styles. Combat karate has all the most effective aspects of karate put in one style COMBAT KARATE! It is probably the most effective style for street fighting as that is its main goal.

Combat Karate is a street oriented version of Goju, but it would be misleading to call it Goju as there are so many other effective elements from other styles.

Combat Karate is well suited modern style.

By the way i would like to know if anyone else has info or history about combat karate aor any website

thanks

2. Stick

Stick New Member

So you're saying your style is the best for the street? What's the point of this thread all karate that lacks the 'do' is supposed to be a combat art.

3. Relosa

Relosa New Member

It sounds like something that was just made in the last ten or twenty years. Also I think if you just realise how to incorperate any of the techniques from your style into a real life situation any style would be a good "modern" style.

Mani do you know any history about combat karate?

4. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

Danger Will Robinson

"combat" In Name Of Martial Art

Sounding Bullshido Alarms

5. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Combat karate has all the most effective aspects of karate put in one style COMBAT KARATE!

and

style is a style
    no style is superior
    DONT BLAME THE ART, LOOK INTO YOURSELF

Does anyone else see the contradiction here....?

*Carries on banging head on desk that was started in a previous thread....*

6. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

LMAO I hardly think getting kicked in the willy and punched in the throat makes you effective.
    Have fun when you want to have kids!

7. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

combat vs. mixed

Why not call it karate soup?
    Karate stew?
    Karate mix?

Finally: Would somone create a karate style with all the worst from all styles and let people know?

8. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Combat karate? Never heard of it. How about American Karate, the biggest oxymoron of all...That's what it sounds like you're looking for. Not to insult the American Karate practitioners, but they do no kata, and have you seen their rank requirements? I could do the stuff required for a black belt at age 10...at least, this is my experience with the style...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  9. Osu

Osu New Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. I never heard of combat karate but it sounds suspicious.

10. DAT

DAT Valued Member

For all you "youngings" out there Richi Baranthy was the founder of "Combat Karate". He is a Hall of Famer who mingled with the New York sports stars of the early 70's. He was a very charismatic individual who trained like an animal and was able to perform incredible breaking and, what we now call, hard Gigong. So much so that he often appeared on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. He was reputed to have one of the most devasting speed/power punches ever recorded. All this despite having many chronic health problems which eventually took his life as a young man. Here is a thread I found on him if you care to read more.

http://pub5.ezboard.com/fcharlesatlasdynamictensiontraining.showMessage?topicID=764.topic

11. Osu

Osu New Member

Somehow I'm not totally filled with joy about the idea of yet another karate style.

12. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

all karate is combat karate, because that is what karate was created for in the first place:D

13. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

14. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

I got combat Karate confused with "combat ki" "juko kai" BS. Sorry for my previous post.

15. jedmonteclaro

jedmonteclaro New Member

"Combat" karate

sounds familiar, i knew Maharlika Shotokan Ass'n. its a Philippine Combative Self-Defense Assn. a combination of karate, arnis,aikido, judo and so called combat styles. overall,a preparation for street fighting skills. assn founded by Master Carlito Mendoza, i think his place is in Cavite.

16. Alucard

Alucard Guest

Heard of Combat Karate but never saw or heard of any schools teaching it nor met anyone that studied it...I was unaware of Richard Baranthy's passing..I remember him on the Tonight Show when he broke 10 granate slabs after dousing them with gas and igniting them..He believe he set himself on fire briefly as he had very long hair..

17. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

god, there are hundreds of losers offering 'combat karate'. Just frigging ditch the marketting gimmick and teach a real style like wado, kyokyshin or goju. Shut up.

18. Rod Murray

Rod Murray New Member

There never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed; never a horse that couldn't be rode! On any given day...any one or any style may come out on top, but always on the street...both get injured in some form or another.

19. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

20. Rod Murray

Rod Murray New Member

Toyama Dai Shihan taught that there really isn't many different styles of karate. They all have the same blocks, kicks, punches, stances, & strikes. All are executed in much the same way. The forms (katas) have all been around and are still done much the same way. Some have been modified by the "headman" to accomodate his preception...but when broken down to the basic movements, are all the same. It never has been this style is better than that style because it's the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight. And, on any given day, anyone can get beat! Most of the time it's the training or conditioning that prevails in "kick - punch". On the street, other techniques prevail over the "kick-punch" mentality. Even the teeth become weapons.