After Two Years, The Vids are finally up!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by surgingshark, Jan 13, 2005.

1. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

I had to buy a new laptop, but finally, vids from the West Coast Explosion are finally up! Enjoy Them!

Shaolin Chuan Fa:
    After making statements that will generally irritate submission fighters, Ed Montgomery does something that looks cool.
    Compton-Te Karatedo
    When we heard the name of his style, we thought he was kidding. When he was talking about it with conviction, we hoped he was kidding. Then he did the official Compton-Te salute (seen five seconds into the video), and our eyebrows were indeed raised. The guy who will not shut up is from a dojo that I will not mention. He got reprimanded at the end of the day.
    De Loa Kenpo
    The students perform a 2-on-1 fight drill. Not too sure about the escape from a rear grab, though...
    Harris Kenpo
    No explanations, but Jerome Harris still managed to please the audience with this set.
    Alien???
    Listen to his speech very closely :p Also, look at the fatal flaw in his gun disarm at 1:48
    Tai Chi Jutsu
    Fred Peterson (the style's creator) performs a kata and a gun disarm that goes horribly, horribly wrong.

and finally...

Animal Kung Fu
    Jim Muse performs an animal form. Can you guess which one?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  2. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Some nice videos there.....

some very bad gun disarms there...i'm no expert but isn't the gun supposed to point AWAY from you????

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Didn't annoy me, just didn't really make any sense...

4. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

I got up to alien and couldn't watch any more.

what is going on in the world....

5. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Entertaining crew there. The scissors take down was fluid and well executed, but the rest was :bang: Still it is very cool that your school (or this school) brought these diferent styles together for everyone to see.

6. Trae

Trae Valued Member

Is this stuff supposed to be practical?
    The scissor sweep was funky though.

7. MartialArtsSnob

MartialArtsSnob New Member

Oh my god! The "Tai Chi Jutsu" was really fun to watch. That has to be the worst rendition of Kanku (Kuanku,Kushanku) that I have ever seen. Who do people like this think that they are kidding? I wish I had a dime for every person I have seen with a red belt on that has worse form than most yellow belts!

I'dbeafreakinmillionareMartialartsnobout!

8. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

He he, great vids, but the fight of the century would undoubtedly be Jim Muse against This Fellow

9. awakened nature

awakened nature chi or pins and needles?

oh dear. oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

That Compton-te with the commentry was hilarious, "show me the block baby!"

Lastly, that Tai Chi Jutsu was insulting. Just because you do things slowly doesnt make it tai chi. With the moves he performed I doubt he has any knowledge of what tai chi is.

Still funny though.

10. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I always wondered what Bruce Leroy would be like if he loosened up and had a couple of drinks. :D

11. MartialArtsSnob

Umm.................you should reword this. :confused: :eek:

12. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Why is that? It will make perfect sense to anyone who's seen the movie.

13. MartialArtsSnob

Well maybe your right. :eek: Personaly I have always wondered what Halley Berry would be like if she loosened up and had a few drinks. :D

LoosenumupwithalcoholthatswhatIsayMartialartsnobout!

14. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Ricky Gervais' dance in "The Office" springs to mind.

15. xxblackkatxx

xxblackkatxx The Gimpy Taekwon Monkey!

the one with the three student 2 on 1 fight seemed kinda...
    boring?
    they made no sounds.. i mean... grunt a little, it makes it more exciting...
    and the release from the rear grab was definately flukey... and only looks like it would work if you were well built and really really strong...
    hmph : shrug :

16. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Compton-te Karatedo - The worst performance of Bassai Dai I have ever seen, most 8th kyus are more competant than this guy. To call that Karate is an insult to the art.

The 2 on 1 job, I've seen more spirit at AA meetings.

Tai Chi Jutsu - He's obviously a very 'special' MA, dont remember Kanku Dai having so many Kiai's.

But the first one was cool

17. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

And people pay good money to be taught by these people?

:eek:

18. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

I was thinking the same thing...just didn't want to be the one to say it. Makes me feel better about my MA if nothing else...but I am sure it does injustice to others.

19. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

How much money we talking to be taught by these people? Id be looking a refund even if I'd only paid enough for a Big Mac!

The animal Kung Fu vid - O.M.G!

Im so glad that Tai Chi gun dis-arm went wrong! The fact that so many people there might have tried that scares me!

20. bcbernam777

bcbernam777 seeking the way

A sad reflection

These videos are so laughable in terms of the skills demonstrated, and the claptrap that was coming out of their mouth's. It is so laughable until you realise there are people who have parted with their hard earned money, and who walk the streets thinking that load of [edited for good taste] is even going to get them anywhere near first base in terms of protecting themselves. Sad also because once those students work out that they cant protect themselves they will label all MA as useless, and no good. :cry:

Thumbs down to whatever the hell that was???