silat scotland

Discussion in 'Silat' started by kho, Apr 12, 2003.

1. kho

kho New Member

salaam alaykum

im looking for a Silat instructor in or near Glasgow. Perhaps even Edinburgh. Preferably incorporating the spiritual aspect of the art. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wa salaam

2. Fergie Boy

Fergie Boy New Member

Krauseworld in Glasgow, across from the thistle hotel, has Silat classes on tuesday at 6pm, thursday at 3pm, and a mostly silat class on wednesday at 8pm, there hasn't been much on spirituality in the classes I have ben to but they do discuss the morality of using it, They also give instruction in JKD/Jun Fan Gung Fu, Kali, Savate, Muay Thai and a wrestling class which involves Shoot fighting, Sambo, Judo, Dumog, BJJ and probably a few others.

http://www.krauses.i12.com/home.htm

3. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Hi,

Or there is Jim Kilpatrick (under Guru Glen Lobo). Try him on kilpsand@netscapeonline.co.uk. He is based just outside of Glasgow, I believe.

Cheers

Bill

4. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Jim Kilpatrick has a new club in Glasgow at Stymer school, Lumsden st near Kelvin Hall on a thursday night between 7 and 9 pm.

5. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Dont want to seem picky but if you are looking for it it is the STEINER school.

6. Cooler

hehe pick away :)

I will be going there on Thursday, so at least now I will know the right name for the place.

7. Cooler

Well I went along to the class and had a great time I would highly recommend it to anyone :) I will be back next week.

8. Cooler

Went to my second class and I must say Jim Kilpatrick is a great guy who knows his stuff. I highly recommend him :) The class is closed for holidays but will be open again Thursday 12th August.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  9. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

Anyone else have any info on these clubs. Seems to be highly recommended by Cooler.

http://www.silatlincah.inuk.com/

Reason I ask is that my brother in law is keen to start an MA and I suggested silat as I think it would suit him. The club is also very local for him (E.Kilbride).

He's 42 but keen to give it a go. There's something in it for me as well as I could tap him for all that Silat stuff that I always wanted to know!!!

Thanks
    Paul

10. Dyno

Dyno Valued Member

A bit late I know :p
    But I thought I'd ask if these classes were still on!?
    Also, what are the prices/syllabus/students like?