Tattoo's

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Saz, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Tattoos... everyone I've asked either think's they're really great or really awful. What do you think? Have you got one, and what is it of and where too (keep it clean! :)) I know a lot of people have ones to do with their M.A, is that something you'd consider?

2. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Both upper arms from elbow to shoulder, two dragons, my own version of yin/yang. It'd be hard to describe without you seeing them! ;)

I plan to have the designs come over the front of each shoulder onto either side of my chest, but it's just so expensive. They're all my own designs and custom work is about $150/hour around here! :eek:

I have other plans too - tats are kinda addictive. ;)

BUT, think really hard before you get anything done and make sure you really want it.

Tats have become a bit passe these days, seems like everyone has something somewhere. Be yourself and be individual about it - don't ever get a tat for fashion reasons. It means way more than that.

3. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

Tats are cool, to a point. Getting huge tats I think is plan ugly. But if you get a nice one that fits your personality is neat.

I do want one, maybe two. One will be the Moo Duk Kwan logo. I did Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan, and Now I do Tae Kwon Do Moo Duk Kwan (pretty much the same thing). It's really to honor my first art (TSD).

I also want one that says perserverance (sp? sorry my spelling realy sucks) in Korean hangul. Because a lot of stuff I been through, I just kept at it till it got better :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2003
  4. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

At the moment I'm on 4,

in the order they were done

on the inside of my forearm
    on my left calf
    across my shoulders
    on my left bycept ( sorry for the spelling)

Tat's are very addictive, I like the fact that they remind me of the kind of person I was when I got them done, each one relates to a changing point in my life. I don't think they're for everyone & you really should put a lot of thought into it before getting it done ( I've went 3 years between them to be sure I wanted another) what ever you do, find a good artist that will let you browse or if you have your own design will sit down & take the time to discuss it with you, not like the 1st place I went where you were thrown out if you took more than a couple of min trying to make your mind up while looking at thousands of designs on the wall.

PS If you get a tweety pie, I'll hunt you down & kill you :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2003
  5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I've ben tempted many times but "she who must be obeyd" thinks they're aweful.

Mayeb one day something nice and simple - A tweety pie perhaps? :D

6. Cain

Cain New Member

I dunno why but I just don't like them ;)

I used to think it was cool before but now things have changed a bit

Even if I had one done before I would be trying like hell to srcub it off rite now :D

|Cain|

7. waya

waya Valued Member

ok.... I am not going to try to list and describe them.... Don't want to fill the board up. But I have 33 currently, a few of them I am still working on. My favorite is the dragon down my right thigh.

8. YODA

33!

Wowza! You sound like a walking comic book :D

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I'm gonna be different and stay ink free ;)

10. waya

waya Valued Member

LOL, They are addicting. I got my first when I was 14 (people had fits over that) and the last one when I was 21. I still have my back to do yet, and the outside of my left leg.

11. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Like waya, I have several. I lost track after they started joining each other. For a peak go to http://www.geocities.com/brad_ellin and click on tattoos. I want more, but my more intelligent side ( wife) says enough is enough. The last one was at her request, a coverup of a tattoo that she didn't like. ;)

12. waya

waya Valued Member

The main two I have left to get is a wolf scene (my nic is Wolf in Cherokee) and another dragon on my back, that will have a more Asian design than the rest.

13. little lion

little lion New Member

I have 2 at the present time and i love them, I have a large lions head on my back and a symbol for my star sign on my right shoulder. For my next one I am designing my own artwork and plan on connecting it to the one on my shoulder. I dont think that tatas are something you should just get for the sake of it , you have to really want it and it should mean something to you

14. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Valued Member

They're totally addictive aren't they:D

I started off with a small dragon on my right shoulder, saying that I'd just stick with that......

yeah right......................

I now also have a celtic dragon design below that, a Japanese dragon on my left upper arm & shoulder, a japanese dragon covering my right shin, & a great white shark across my back that I designed myself.

I'm scheming about what to get next:D

15. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Geez, stand up for yourself, man! What are you? Some kind of plaything for an uber-wife?

*steps back slowly looking for exits*

:)

16. Jim

Jim New Member

I (kinda) have 3, kinda being because two are joined. On my right bicep I have a bat above a castle with a unicorn coming out from a path. On my left bicep I have a wolf jumping over a gap in a cliff with the sun rising behind.

All have signifigance and are REALLY addictive. Like Mo said - really expensive to get tatts here in Oz.

Don't forget there is a gallery here if you feel the need to show your tatts...

17. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

15 & im still wanting more
    =-)

18. Spike

Spike New Member

"Geez, stand up for yourself, man! What are you? Some kind of plaything for an uber-wife?"

two things, first off you`re gonna want a hand removing Yoda`s rattan from where the sun don`t shine
    second, has any one else noticed that the tougher, more mean the more skilled a MAist someone is the more they`re scared of their wife, and mother and daughter?

As for tattoos I have one, people normally get oriental characters so I thought I`d be different and get elvish writing. so I looked up how to write "stylish" in Elvish.
    My reasoning being I can`t get honour or courage or peace because I have none of those things, but I am a poser

I`ve finished the design for my next one which I am getting as soon as I have the cash, working on the design for my third one, as has been said before they are very addictive

19. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Too funny!

:D

20. YODA

Hehehe - if I wanted one THAT badly I would have one. You see - I'm a caring sensitive guy and her feelings are important to me :D