Food? Who said 'Food'?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CrimsonDemon, Oct 11, 2004.

1. CrimsonDemon

CrimsonDemon Valued Member

Yes, this is about food. But, this isn't consulting any fitness program, this is asking the MA community in their opinion.

As we all know, society as a whole is up in arms, so to speak, about what is healthy to consume. As we all know, there are many diets about and fads about what to eat, but we're not talking about losing weight, what we're talking about in this is maintaining physical condition as well as supply nutrients(assumingly for the average built and in shape - DON'T HIT ME!!).

In each of your own opinions, what is the best diet for you? In my opinion, I would follow the food pyramid pairing it with good strength exercise/aerobics.

Anyone else have a preferred diet for themselves?

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

3. CrimsonDemon

CrimsonDemon Valued Member

I noticed the nutrition links above, I'm just asking the people of MAP which they prefer.

4. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Personally I follow the guide-lines established when I asked my doctor and nutritionist. Eat whole grains, lean whole meats, plenty of vegetable matter (preferably dark green), some fruit and dairy. I keep it all within 2500 calories a day. ;)

5. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

I eat whatever I like (which isnt very much).
    My diet consists of;
    Pizza
    Chips (french fries)
    Chicken
    Burgers
    sausages
    chocolate
    haribo
    buscuits (cookies)
    Milk
    Coke
    Lemonade

EDIT: And the doctor says Im healthy :D How good can life be to me?! :D:D

6. Athleng Nordic

Nic's my prior post, I'm switching to this one!!! :woo:

7. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

interesting...

you forgot mcdonald's big macs :D!

methinks if my diet consisted of those regularly, i'd easily add up to 20lbs in a month :D

8. Zertz

Zertz New Member

Personally, I eat whatever the heck I like. My food pyramid is upside down. Incidently, all the protein -> sugar is probably what makes me uber hyper... aSGSD!!

9. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

I'll add to KE's T-Nation link. http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459881

That has a list of diets and feedback from others that have been on them.

As far as my diet, it's fluctuating slightly. I tend to stay within 100 grams of fat, some of that from fish oils. I'm fluctuating my carbs between 100 grams on training days and 70 grams on off days. My protein usually hits between 270-300 grams and my calories hit about 2700 give or take 250 here and there. I give myself one cheat day to eat whatever I want. I also eat about 7 times a day on most days.

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Then one day... BOOM! Professor klump here we come.

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I eat anything I want. I love MA, but I won't sacrafice foodtime happiness for it. That's a sacred area for me.

Of course, what I want happens to be lots of fruits and veggies... :D

PL

12. Eero

Eero Valued Member

I just try to eat vegatables and fruits as much as it is possible for me. Being a student that is not very much because those really cost much in Finland. :woo: I avoid sugar and butter, but I do use olive oil pretty much. I almost never drink lemonade or eat fast food. My main concern is that I probably eat too much meat. I am truly what you could call a carnivore.

13. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

I'll just point out that the Atkins Diet and martial arts do not mix. I tried it. I had no energy, I was unhappy, and for some reason my breath always smelles like rotten eggs. I never understood that one.
    As I said in another thread, sodas are my one weakness, but other than that, I try to keep things healthy and balanced. I'm an 18 year-old female, so I need a lot of calcium and iron. Milk and steak are good for you! I will freely admit that I don't eat much green stuff. I get most of my nutrients from various meats and my carbs from pastas.
    One of my senseis, who is over 50, successfully lost weight simply by taking away all the saturated fat from her diet. She didn't even have to exercise more. Just forget your donuts, make all your meats lean, and don't skimp on the green stuff.
    Balance is better than taking away just one thing. If you want to take away, take away quantity, not quality.

14. Eero

Eero Valued Member

I don't believe in those trendy diets also. I tried one low carb diet and it did not took me long to realize that it was crap.

Most of those new trend diets lack proper scientific basis allthough they do claim otherwise.

15. Athleng Nordic

You typed a mouthful there!!! :D

I just recently forced myself to "learn" to like diet cokes. I drink plenty of water but sometime I want something sweet just not the calories. Donuts = lard on the ass!

16. Eero

Eero Valued Member

I think you have done a disservice to yourself by doing that. Just read about the artificial sweetening and you may want to switch back to sugar.

17. Athleng Nordic

I know about the "Death sweatners" but I just can't do kool-aide, and don't want the calories from regular soda. Water is my main-stay but now and again I want something different. Not to mention the boss frowns on my having a beer at work. :D

18. Eero

Eero Valued Member

Yeah, probably it won't kill ya to drink diet coke every now and then. :D

19. Athleng Nordic

Now if I could just find a great tasting "diet" beer and ale. :D

20. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

no one should ever have make a diet beer its just ghastly!

i have a balanced diet and if i treat myself to a beer or two on a friday night then i work the extra calories off at the gym the next day. im the best shape of my life (though i am only 20) through exercise rather than dieting. within reason you can treat yourself to the odd thing like cake/alcohol/chocolate as long as you burn it off after. if you get in the frame of mind where you make yourself exercise after eating something like that then im sure the health benifits of the exercise outweigh the negatives