[Choi Kwang Do] Choi Kwang Do belt system?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Ling Kuo, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ling Kuo

Ling Kuo New Member

Hi. Can anyone here tell me or direct me to a site which would tell me the Choi Kwang Do belt order? (for lowest to black) I can't see to find any information on the main sites.

2. morphus

morphus Doobrey

3. thehaggishunter

thehaggishunter Aberdeen, Scotland

Can anyone provide the pronounciation of the korean names for the relevant belts

Pil Sung

4. thehaggishunter

came across this - it doesnt have the 4 stages of Sam Dan - but shows the IL & Ee Dan Stages

Attached Files:

5. creswell

creswell New Member

Hello MAP,

does anyone know the relevant kick and hand technique for blue belt?

6. Fat&Furry Ninja

Fat&Furry Ninja New Member

Hello Creswel,

Respective hand and leg techniques for Blue Belt are:

Front Leg Downward Kick & Rear Arm Round Palm Strike.

(Note that Blue Snr is Rear Leg Downward Kick and Front Arm Round Palm Strike).

Hope this is of some use.

Cheers

Fat and Furry One

7. bigalexe

bigalexe Young 1 with big head

sry if i offend anyone but shouldnt you know this stuff if u r an instructor and if u r a student y dont u just ask ur instructor?

8. creswell

creswell New Member

thanks for the replies - and bigaxe or whatever - its only an enquiry for gawds sake.....Not been training for a bit and wanted to practice...

9. Tseek Choi

Tseek Choi Banned Banned

Hi Guys.........

I know I can't count very well, but does this mean there are 19 or 20 gradings to get to 1st degree black belt?

Or am I mistaken?

cheers
    TC...........

10. thehaggishunter

11. Tseek Choi

Tseek Choi Banned Banned

So....If you don't mind me asking, how long between grades?

It just seems quite alot of levels to go through.

cheers...........

12. creswell

creswell New Member

there are a lot of levels, but there is also a lot to learn. To begin with its normal to grade every two months..to get to black belt probably takes on average between 4-5 years depending on ability/level of commitment (same as many other MA's)...and as they say black belt is just the beginning........but whats the rush? its a personal development thang, not a race........

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

*whistles quietly and sidles away*

14. creswell

creswell New Member

ive changed it LBR - to 4- 5 yrs - i was taking into account the AI programmes that have "accelerated grading"....I suppose it depends on the school and your instructor.

15. Scaramouch

Scaramouch Lost Soul

What is the fastest any of you have known someone achieve a CKD BB, starting from scratch?

16. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Took me ten years or so. I was probably good enough, but kept on having to miss gradings due to various reasons.

A friend of mine got his in four years I think, I'll double check with him. Technically you can get it in three years if you never fail or miss a grading, you shouldn't fail a grading because if you're not ready then you shouldn't be grading.

17. sward

sward New Member

choi kwang do belt system

Try asking the haggis hunter He is grading in about three weeks to BB after less than two years training

18. Tseek Choi

Tseek Choi Banned Banned

Hey guys,

Is the 6 month conversion program still running, for people from other systems?

cheers
    TC................

19. Rossignol

Rossignol Valued Member

15-18 months ( I kid you not )...

20. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

Yes. People are still being converted all the time. Not sure if its a 6month thing, but pop in and see one of the london instructors if your interested. Hugh Harper or Keith Banfield would be the best ones to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.