Bas Rutten Lethal Street Fighting Review?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by MaxG, Oct 3, 2004.

1. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

Anyone have this DVD and if so what do you think of it? I have the old Panther videos from him (the 10 tape set ones). Is the content a lot different?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I bet Yukimushu's got it, he's the biggest Bas fan on MAP! I rate Bas's MMA workout highly, but that's all the stuff of his I've got

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I have it :D It's pretty cool. Some of it really made me smile because he's such an intense guy, and very comical, especially when he sarcastically talks about the option of doing a jackie chan roundhouse kick to finish of all 3 of the guys sat around the table!

He covers all sorts of stuff such as the use of table objects like glasses, plates, etc, too the use of chairs, and taking on multiple opponents.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

His workout audio tape is excellent, so so tiring and a really good way of working cardio on your own thats for sure!

5. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

Alright kool. I found it on the web for $29 compared to the usual $49. Off I go to click "submit order".

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

$29? Go for it i say! :D

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Don't just go for it, link it so I can get it!

8. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

I bought it off Ebay (brand new).

Total was $34 and some change with shipping and I got an e-mail from the company saying they already sent it this morning and sent it priority 3 day shipping . Sweet.

I think posting links is not allowed but I just checked E-bay and it looks like there are a few more.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

As far as i know, posting ebay links is acceptable. If not then send him a pm with the link. ;)

10. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Thanks, MaxG, I'll be ordering it tomorrow :D

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Keep an eye out for the whitty knife demonstration at the beginning!!!! :D You'll know what im talking about when you see it :p

12. killer_kicks88

killer_kicks88 Banned Banned

some ebay stuff you can buy using check...is this one of them?

13. killer_kicks88

nevermind...i looked it up...is this worth buying?, cuz i get $15 a month so to buy this will take me two months of saving up...is it worth it?

14. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

I should be getting mine tomorrow. I'll give a write up as soon as I watch it. When I was young I would do odd jobs around the neighborhood for money. Like cleaning up or mowing lawns. Or what about the good ol' paper route thing? Better than waiting 2 months imho.

15. killer_kicks88

there r no paper routs in my town and we dont have a lawn mower because we dont have grass (i live in New Mexico)...im hoping to get a job when im 16 though...thats the legal age to get a J.O.B. here...so november here i come

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

This MMA section seems to have been dominated by Big Bas Rutten talk over the past few days :D

17. killer_kicks88

lol...well i think im gonna spend the money i was saving for my girlfriend's and my anniversary (cant spell)...hope its worth it...cuz i really like Bas lol

18. killer_kicks88

crap lol...i just created an ebay account JUST to buy this DVD...but, its free! ^_^...well, i told my brother about it and he said "its an early birthday present"...hes so cool, anyway ya, i will have money for my gf and i

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

hehe a very kind brother by the sounds of it! Look out for the knife! :p ;)

20. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

DON'T BUY IT!!!! At least not from that lame *ss company. I got mine in the mail today and opened the package. Cheap DVD case and the cover was photocopied from an original. Opened the case, you guessed it, a burned copy with handwritten scrawl on it.

Popped it in the DVD player. It had major sound problems and crashed my computer 3 times. I don't think they even "closed" the DVD burn right. Lame.

I'm gonna try to get my money back through Paypal.

Anyone know Bas's real website so I can report these guys to them?