Dangerous World

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Taliar, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

There are lots of threads on self defence and "the street" so I thought it would be interesting to get MAPer's real life input. What I am looking for is have you been attacked. If so please quickly describe

1. Area / Location where attack happened.
    2. Time of attack.
    3. Who attacked.
    4. Who was attacked.
    5. Method of attack
    6. Probable reason for attack.
    7. Did you use MA skills.
    8. How did situation end.
    9. Any after effects of attack (Psychological - Physical - Trouble with Law)
    10. What may have happened if you didn't defend your self. - Please keep this last one realistic.

If you have never been attacked please post also - yours are more important than those who have been attacked. Just listing where you live / have lived.

Here are mine

First

1. Outside Pub
    2. about 11:30 pm closing time.
    3. Attacked by local 'hardnut' who had his mates with him.
    4. I was attacked directly - had about 4 friends with me.
    5. He ran across car and swung at me while I wasn't looking - I had had a few drinks.
    6. Unknown. He is a known trouble maker - Was out on bail at time of attack.
    7. Had no MA skills at time.
    8. Large brawl errupted outside pub as variuos people joined in. I left before end of fight.
    9. I lost a tooth, Someone had jaw broken. Police said not enough evidence to press charges. Attacker went to jail on other charges of assault.
    10. Probably would have been better if I had walked of as fight wouldn't have started and I would just have lost tooth instead of others getting injured. Once i had been hit the guy walked away but i lost temper and attacked back.

Second

1. In quiet street in Medium sized city - Chester.
    2. Middle of the afternoon.
    3. 2 teenage lads.
    4. I was on my own.
    5. Pushing and verbal abuse, tried to punch me.
    6. Unknown - think may have just been looking for trouble - maybe theft.
    7. Use MA skills.
    8. They ran off.
    9. No after effects apart from feeling shakey afterwards.
    10. May have been beaten up and probably robbed, but don't think beating would have been severe. This is just my impression though.

I live in a busy town in north wales.

2. luis

luis New Member

never

I've never been randomly attacked in the street or anything. Never been personally mugged or robbed. I must be extremely lucky since almost everyone I know has and I always tend to be in risky places and bad neighbourhoods at inappropiate times. I live in crime riddled Mexico City by the way.

3. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

2. Time of attack.
    3. Who attacked.
    4. Who was attacked.
    5. Method of attack
    10. What may have happened if you didn't defend your self. - Please keep this last one realistic.

1. Shortcut through alleyway in northeast Tokyo
    2. Jan. 8, 2004 at 4:00 p.m.
    3. A large male, heavy build, 6'3, 200+ lbs.
    4. Me
    5. Hands, but I believe he had a concealed knife
    6. Wallet, he demanded it

7. Yes, as well as common talking sense. I tried to give him the wallet, but he seemed fearful I would report him. He attacked, and I tried to run away. He managed, somehow, to get me against a wall. He threw fists at me, which I held up my hands to ward off. I was still screaming at him to take the wallet, but he had seemed to forgotten about it.

8. I was able to slip away from his attack, but only after continuous kicks to the groin and thigh, a punch to his upper ribs. He continued to chase me after I had slipped away, so I threw gravel in the general vicinity of his eyes. Finally, I ran away.

9. Fear, a heightened sense of awareness when walking alone and unarmed. No trouble with the law, I was not reported, it seems. I gave a description to the authorities, but that's about it.

10. Probably would have taken my wallet, roughed me up a bit, then ran off. He did not look particularly cruel, but I've been surprised before. I would not be surprised if he continued to attack me.

4. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

1. Area / Location where attack happened. A side street, close to the main road, just outside some pubs, town centre
    2. Time of attack. Late evening
    3. Who attacked. Two males, first one, then the other
    4. Who was attacked. Me
    5. Method of attack Verbal confrontation, followed by intimidation. Fight started with punching (I think)
    6. Probable reason for attack. Liquid courage
    7. Did you use MA skills. Yes
    8. How did situation end. I walked away, they walked away
    9. Any after effects of attack (Psychological - Physical - Trouble with Law) Sore mouth. Fear. Self doubt
    10. What may have happened if you didn't defend your self. - Please keep this last one realistic. I'd have got a serious kicking.

5. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

A bit of an old post, but still quite interesting I think.

Local highstreet.

2. Time of attack.
    I'm not entirely sure, probably about 2pm.

3. Who attacked.
    A guy who is known to demand money off of passers by to spend in slot machines.

4. Who was attacked.
    I was, by myself.

5. Method of attack
    I refused to give him money, he grabbed me with both hands by the collar, pulling me forward whilst headbutting me.

Narked off because I didn't give him any cash.

Yes.

Kneed him in the gut, swept his leg and punch his face, before walking (quickly) away.

Had a nose bleed, and my front teeth were loose for a week or so.

Probably would have got a good kicking and been robbed.

As a side note, the guy in question has now been handed an ASBO, barring him from the high street.

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Public Park
    2. Time of attack.
    Approximately 9 AM on a Sunday Morning about 18 years ago
    3. Who attacked?
    Father and probably Brother of little girl
    4. Who was attacked?
    Me (at the time a six foot two 18st plus squaddy)
    5. Method of attack
    Two separate attempts to strike me, than an attempted grab by father, other attacker ran in screaming threats but did not get a chance to carry them out.
    6. Probable reason for attack?
    Young daughter of family walking through park told family I had followed her and her pal home from school during the week. The dad did not believe I had been on border patrols on the Inner German Border all the previous week and had only come home the night before.
    7. Did you use MA skills?
    Side-stepped first two attempted strikes by the dad, when he grabbed me (by jacket) pulled him off balance, kicked him in the shins and thumped him in the gut, he went to his knees. At this point other attacker ran in screaming threats, got a straight right on the nose which stopped him dead, he ended up sitting on his **** on the muddy ground with blood running out his nose.
    8. How did situation end?
    With me giving a loud lecture to half-wits and their family and telling them if they told any more lies about me or any of my family, I would have them up in court and have the social work on to them.
    None
    10. What may have happened if you didn't defend your self? - Please keep this last one realistic.
    Probably beaten up/given a kicking, plus would have been branded a kiddie fiddler, which in a working class area like the one I grew up in a still live in would have been a life sentence, I would be fair game for everyone and anyone. Probably would have caused hassle for my mum dad and brothers too.

7. scorpiousmac

scorpiousmac Valued Member

1.outside local shop 30yrd's from my home.
    2.11pm friday night.
    3.Four teenage lad's.
    4.On my tod.
    5.Bottled round back of head,grabbed up from front and had bottles hurled at me from two youth's at side of shop.
    6.Retaliation for minor slap I dealt out two weeks previously.
    7.Youth ran toward me with bottle I sidestepped but was hit behind with bottle.Tangled up with yob in front of me and went down on one knee,used Aikido to turn youth into path of bottles been thrown at me from the side.when attackers could no longer throw bottles due to their mate been in the way they rushed in and releasing attacker in front with left arm I blocked two kicks (aimed at ribs and face)with an elbow and a forearm respectivly.They then proceeded to leg it ,one of them asking the other's where the knife was,presumely to make sure I did not follow them.
    8.I stood up and a girl across the road said she was calling an ambulance.Looking down at my self I could see nothing wrong apart from a bit of blood on my face and my elbow feeling sore so I told her not to worry.She then came up to me and tipped out my hood which was full of claret and insisted that I wait for the ambulance,staff from the shop came out with a chair and some kitchen roll and I resigned myself to missing the highlight's of the rider cup
    9.Felt like a right dick,shouldn't be miss-behaving at my age and I cant fight well when I lose my high moral ground.
    10.Ain't the best looking guy in the world and getting bottled in the boatrace would'nt have helped matter's. :eek:

8. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

1.bar restroom
    2.11:30pm
    3. stranger
    4.me
    5.tried to sucker punch me
    6.unknown
    7.yes
    8.by me trapping both his hands down and bagging his face off the tile and the bartender and bouncers pulled me off
    9.adreniline was at a very high level and confussion as to why he jumped me
    10.would have been beaten down badly.

9. taekwon-dork

taekwon-dork Valued Member

Y'all watch too much Sonny Cheeba......

10. thescottishdude

thescottishdude New Member

I have been the victim of an attempted mugging, it happened at about 10pm in a dark street on a friday night. the guy was obviously after some drunk guy with some cash. He didn't get anything off me and I didn't allow him to use his "baton". I ended up shoving him backwards and running away. not a scratch on me.

11. colonelpong

colonelpong Banned Banned

Incident one:

Walking home from a service station with a bottle of coke

2. Time of attack. Approx 10:30 pm

3. Who attacked.
    Three guys

4. Who was attacked.
    Me

5. Method of attack
    One distracted me whilst the other two came up from behind. Heard them just in time and then all three attacked at once.

According to the cops, its just what these three guys do for kicks

Kinda. All limbs in all directions at once pretty much. A great deal of randomly directed thumping.

Attackers ran off, leabving me standing there slightly confused

Inside of mouth was pretty cut up from where a fist had mashed it against my teeth. Two black eyes.

-Would either be dead or crippled i imagine

Inciodent two:

Walking home from a service station. I really must avoid those places.

2. Time of attack.
    about 11pm

3. Who attacked.
    Some wasted dude

4. Who was attacked.
    Me

5. Method of attack
    He was walking in the opposite direction. I was looking down and not paying attention. He produced knife and very clumsily stabbed towareds chest area.

Purely random. Guy was totally whacked out. He was in no shape for starting a fight, he was swaying and seemed half conscious on his feet.

Kinda. Caught forearm (getting cut on bicep in process), dropped him with right fist, ran like hell.

With him on the ground and me trying to break olympic sprinting records

Bloody big scar on right bicep

-Would have been impaled

12. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Remind me never to go to NZ.

13. colonelpong

colonelpong Banned Banned

Its strange. Hardly anyone I know has ever been attacked.

On both occasions I was walking home from a service station at night having gone out to purchase sustenance.

Hhhmmm. I wonder if there is some kind of curse in effect. Maybe I upset an old gypsy service station owner or something?

14. RunningDog

RunningDog Valued Member

Let me rephrase: Remind me never to hang out with colonelpong, around pikey service stations, while in NZ.