Mantak Chia's "Cultivating Male Sexual Energy"

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by ZillaBilla, Jul 5, 2004.

1. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

Has anyone had any experience with the QiGong detailed within Mantak Chia’s book ‘Cultivating Male Sexual Energy’. Right, if anyone has read the book, I’m sure they will consider it rather taboo or embarrassing to talk about, to say the least. However I will step out on a whim here and detail my experience, I have been practising the exercises in the book along side my regular QiGong and Tai Chi for about a month and a half. However, I had noticed some unwanted side effects, i.e. it makes you feel unbalanced, in other words the exercise entitled ‘The Power Lock” which sends Yang chi to your brain initially gives you a quite energised feeling and sends expansive Yang energy through your Micro and Macro cosmic orbits, though when I would go to sleep at night and I would not be able to sleep for more than three hours without having a break, strange as it may sound, but basically as soon as I would close my eyes my mid eyebrow point would start pulsating uncomfortably and I would get a sensation that someone was flicking a light bulb on and off in my head, I’ve had these experiences before with my regular Microcosmic orbit exercises, but they felt pleasant, balanced, and controllable, whereas after this other set, it felt very unbalanced, uncontrollable and irritating, to the point where it would wake me up in the middle of the night as mentioned earlier. Furthermore, as much as I tried to lead the Qi from my head to my Tan Tien, it would pop back up to my head within a few minutes, I tried re-circulating it in to the Microcosmic orbit, but to no avail. Furthermore when I would close my eyes to go to sleep, on top of everything already mentioned, I kept seeing all manner of weird images with no logical origin, whether from thought or other. Anyway I’ve now stopped doing these exercises and everything returned to normal within a few days. So, would be much obliged if anyone could share their experience or any information on the subject, cheers.

ZB

P.S. Why doesn’t anyone reply to my thread entitled “Internal Energy Within Form” in the Tai Chi forum, I guess its too boring or something. However, would be very pleased to hear some other peoples experience on that topic. Cheers.

2. RobP

RobP Valued Member

I think you did right to stop. IME and from what I hear from other people the method's are not conducive to good health.

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Boy, that'd be a waste on me..... :cry:

4. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Hi ZB, if you are Taoist to the core and someone who appreciates health as a precious gem follow water based methods and forget about Chia. His method is too Yang.

Soft and gentle as a baby.

Take care.

5. KRONOS

KRONOS Valued Member

mantak

I have heard that Mantak is a fraud. He did study Iron Shirt from a real Chinese Adept, but he'd only been doing it for a couple of months when he convinced his teacher to let him borrow his secret manuals for one night. The old teacher didn't know what copy-machines were and Mantak photo-copied everything then published his books based on them. I've heard the teacher wants him dead for the betrayl. Since then I guess Mantak has ruined many a young man's sex life for good.

6. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Kronos, personally I wouldn't trust a fellow that has built a little empire out of Tao. No good and bad karma. I agree with you in terms of the guy's real intentions: $$$$$$

7. KRONOS

KRONOS Valued Member

That is a great point, never put it into that perspective.

3. WITHOUT SEEKING ACCLAIM
    By retaining his humility, the talented person who is also wise, reduces rivalry.

The person who possesses many things, but does not boast of his possessions, reduces temptation, and reduces stealing.

Those who are jealous of the skills or things possessed by others, most easily themselves become possessed by envy.

Satisfied with his possessions, the sage eliminates the need to steal; at one with the Tao, he remains free of envy, and has no need of titles.

24. EXCESS
    He who stretches beyond his natural reach, does not stand firmly upon the ground; just as he who travels at a speed beyond his means, cannot maintain his pace.
    He who boasts is not enlightened, and he who is self-righteous does not gain respect from those who are meritous; thus, he gains nothing, and will fall into disrepute.
    Since striving, boasting and self-righteousness, are all unnecessary traits, the sage considers them excesses, and has no need of them.

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Work on your PC muscle daily. In a couple of months - multiples. Congratulations, you don't have to bother messing with your chi to become a stud :D

9. ZillaBilla

ZillaBilla Banned Banned

If the objective was to become a "stud" as you say, then yeah, good advice. However, this is about controlling one of your body’s main energy supplies, to do so requires strong yet relaxed intent and a quiet mind and relaxed body, if it was as simple as doing "PC" muscle exercises, well it would be nice, but unfortunately that’s not the case. This once again leads back to the difference between external and internal, in the short term the external way is quick, easy and effective, whereas the internal way is ineffective unless the individual is extremely focused and gifted. In the long term the benefits of the external practice either don’t change or deteriorate whether through boredom of repetition or actual muscle damage from constant exertion, in any case its benefits could be confined to uro-genital health, whereas the internal way becomes infinitely more effective and advanced, positively affecting the state of mind and body, however only if the individual is balanced, and can balance energy within him/her self, otherwise can be quite hazardous. With regards to ‘it’ being quite hazardous, it would be in the sense of increasing energy in the mind, which if it is not balanced by the individual and if the individuals characteristics are also off balance, would quite possibly lead to mental illness and psychosis. In fact there are just such examples in the ‘review’ sections of the US an UK Amazon websites for the book under the same title as this thread.

ZB

10. Hinniss1

Hinniss1 New Member

Interest that you say that. The old teacher is at fault for passing out the manual. If he wants him dead then is the teacher worthy to be a teacher. We make the decisions and have to live with the out come. As the teacher has to live with being out smarted and not in-tune with the modern day. He didn't betray anyone cause be gave back the manual. At a situation where the student teaches the teacher.

11. DragonBlood

DragonBlood New Member

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world......
    The Four Reliances
    First, rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings, not on the words;
    Second, rely on the teachings, not on the personality of the teacher;
    Third, rely on real wisdom, not superficial interpretation;
    And fourth, rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions.
    -One.

12. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Wow 7 year old thread :)

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's not really. Mitch tried it and tore a hole in the very fabric of time & space.

14. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Why does it need cultivating?

15. Moi

NASA are cultivating mine as a source of infinite power for the propulsion system of the Space Shuttles replacement. It's very draining :(

16. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Is it like a farm?

17. Moi

More like a nuclear reactor going into meltdown :rolleyes:

18. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Wow,that was heavy.

Your point being? If you're going to revive a long dead thread at least post something of substance- not something which came out of the last fortune cookie I had.

I think this may be the record for these antique thread necros we've been seeing since March.

I t'ink p'raps de fluffiest revival post too,ja?

19. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

You forgot the fifth "reliance". Rely on your brain to tell you that someone is talking complete bull.