Worst 'Fighting' experience...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by wcrevdonner, Jun 18, 2004.

1. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

Too many younger people on the boards here are glorifying in unreal fantastic ideas about 'fighting.' To perhaps inject a bit of realism, could people on the boards here describe one of the worst 'fighting' situations they have been in, and the outcome....

The worse one I have ever seen, probably was watching a guy getting kicked in by a group of young kids, aged inbetween 13-16; the worse was watching kids younger than my sister putting the boot into this guys face...God knows what gets into a 13 yr old girls head to do that.
    I shouted for them to stop and cautiously approached, they ran off, (because other people around started doing the same as me); the guy had to get taken to hospital. He looked like he was in his late thirties. The grioup had completely provoked the situation...if I ever see the little **** who started on him, God help him.

EDIT: Apologies - seem to have doubled the thread; thats what comes from trying to work and write at the same time especially when your boss sits opposite you!! :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  2. Adam

Adam New Member

I cracked wise to some dudes on mopeds when I was a little kid, they played Rodney King with me for a bit. Nothing bad, but the only real beatdown I ever got outside of martial arts.

3. Speed

Speed New Member

I lost a tooth in a fight when I was 14. I was just walking down the street and saw someone I knew from school, which she was with about 4 other guys I didn't know. I guess one of them was jealous of me since I hugged her and this one kid sucker punched me from behind to my jaw, knocking the tooth out which I spit at him and just went off on him, he was the one left on the ground and I walked away with the girl. The blood that poured out of my mouth had me freaking out after the adrenalin wore off. Besides that I've only had real bad brusies, some minor head trama and small cuts.

I saw this one fight downtown when I was around 16 between two kids, one slipped and went down hard while the other kid with combat boots stomped his face and kicked his body, so much blood. I took off since it was two groups of kids on each side of the fight so I figured it was a gang thing and didn't want to be there when they all started to jump in or someone pull a gun.

I have other situations I could bring up but I say its pointless. You can only learn from experience.

4. Tika

Tika New Member

I was driving to work in albany and stopped at an intersection. I saw two 15 or 16 year old boys throw a smaller boy into the bushes and continue to pummel on them. I watched adults walk by. I pulled my car over and screamed at the little boogers, luckily some other guy saw as I did and ran over and ripped the bigger boys off the kid. Not the worse fight Ive seen, but the most disturbing one.

5. stumpy

stumpy Valued Member

When I was about 13 I was walking home from school when 3 kids of a similar age from a rival school picked on me.
    It was about 4 in the afternoon on a busy street outside some largish shops. They punched me and kicked me and carried on kicking when I was on the floor. I lost a tooth, had my nose broken and suffered a lot of cuts and bruises and peed red for about 3 days.
    They ran off after a few minutes when a cop approached. Up until then no-one had tried to stop it.

6. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

won time i wuz punched and everythign went blurry but i kicked teh guyz butt cause im stronger than all grade 9s

7. nunchukpaul

nunchukpaul Banned Banned

HAHAHA!!! yea 1 time i got in tis semi serious fight but luckily i done karate fot a yr and eye wun

8. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

thats all very amusing guys, but anything half serious? Im trying to highlight the real problems, as opposed to high school issues? Which you two still might have, according to your profiles...

9. toothpaste100

oh you shush, before i push blood into my fist and quadruple me strength

10. Tika

Tika New Member

Ok guys, I get the joke, but seriosly, I think this thread was made to enlighten those that youre making fun of at the moment. Those kids annoy me too, as you can probably tell, but lets keep this thread serious huh?

11. toothpaste100

Yes maam :p

12. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

hahahhahahaha.
    One time almost said something about my (Scarlet was told to stop speaking in the 3rd person and he has to because he's scared for his life, oh, sorry, I mean my life :D ) momma, but it turns out he didn't. Scarlet once got beaten in a mini - fight, but he almost bit some kids pinky off, then some other kids broke up the scuffle.

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

On one of my trips back to England (1993), I saw a group of young guys pick a fight with (I kid you not) a mentally handicapped fellow. They made fun of him until he lost his cool and went over there. He was obviously pretty upset. (And I can't blame him. Minding his own business and getting called a "****" for his trouble.)

He got frustrated and hit the one kid's car. Not hard. I doubt he damaged it. But that's what they'd been waiting for. They knocked him down and stomped on his head.

I moved too slowly. By the time I reacted, the damage was done.

Nothing romantic about it. It was a horrible example of humanity.

Stuart

14. nunchukpaul

Thats just sick, how do these cowards get away with it **** that just ****es me off thinking someone can do that to a handicapped person. A simular thing happened in my town last week although they didnt beat him a group of young people walked past a old man at least 70+ and just started screaming and swearing right in this guys face and walked off the old guy was pretty shaken up after as well

15. K93200

K93200 Banned Banned

The worst fight I had was this group one : Me and my friends fought this other group , we were winning but then they fought dirty and kept hitting a girl that wasn't part of the fight but was a friend of ours, the skin was almost torn off her arm. Her face was black with blood. She stayed out of school for a while.

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I don't know mate. I honestly don't know what goes through someone's mind at a time like that. Or how you look at yourself in the mirror after stomping on a mentally handicapped guy.

I think we're just horrible at self assessment. Figuring out what's up with us and what to do about it. Instead, we end up lashing out at one another.

Sad.

Stuart

17. nunchukpaul

Sad but true :( Did the people who did it ever get caught ?

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I seem to recall a policeman arriving on the scene shortly after I did. But nobody got "hauled off" or anything. Not while I was there anyway. I can only hope they made an arrest sometime later. But they may just have written it off as nothing more than a dust up.

19. shootodog

shootodog restless native

**sigh** too manyto mention, too hard to forget. have been in rumbles, had been shot at, have been beaten badly to the point that i wish i were dead, had a guy try to slash me.

20. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Me personally it has to be the time were I was out for a fe drinks with 4/5 friends and someone started on one of them, I'd had a few beers so I just laid the guy out without thinking about it, then about 15ish of his drunken yob mates came out of the pub across the road behind me, my mates legged it and the next thing I knew something had hit me in the side of the head and I was on the ground getting a kicking.

Two black eyes, a broken nose, both lips split open, a bad gash under my left eye which was streaming blood, two broken fingers, what felt like all me ribs broken (but actually only one), a massive assortment of cuts and bruises and a concussion.

The only reason they stopped is because a police car came up the road.

I've seen some super nasty ones happen in fights too. A guy practically having half his face ripped off as the bloke he was fighting dragged it down the side of a shale wall.

Kids, grow up, fighting isn't like it is on the TV!