Taking out multiple opponents is possible....

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Cage, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Cage

Cage New Member

I'm wondering why you guys think that its not possible to beat more then 6 or more opponents.From what i know it is possible all you need is to stay out of their reach and when you have to attack just hit them and get back 3 step FAST!!!You must hit them with your full strength in weak points like groin,throat,temple,spine,solar plexus etc.Think and react as fast as you can and dont give them a chance to hit you (this is why im saying stay atleast 3 steps away from them).Move alot and move fast.Use weapon everytime .Always keep a nunchuck with you .Also you have to be superior striker ,think about its life and death situation and you have to kill them.I hope this would be helpfull

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Just wait till they're all crossing the road in a nice tight group, then run em over at speed, unless of course they're all driving cars too, in which case, I'd get one of those big 'Monstah Trucks' n crush em all. ;)

3. Cage

Cage New Member

lol!!!

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Have you ever fought 6 people at once? I got beat up fighting only 5, I guess that makes me a crap Martial Artist then :(

What makes you think that they aren't going to be doing this to you too?

Weapons are kinda illegal over here in the UK, and for that I'm glad.

Col

5. acrawford

acrawford Ki-Ken-Tai no Ichi

Im not going to say impossible to take on 6 at once, however lets look at it like this.

In combat there are three outcomes.

You win and your opponant dies
    You lose and your opponant lives
    or you both lose.

And that is just concidering one opponant.

That means you have a 33% chance of walking away from it.

Not great odds if you ask me.

What are your odds when that factor is multiplied by 6.

Chances are your dead.

6. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Because some of us have been in fights and know whats what. Simple as that really.

It can be hard enough to win a square go never mind 6. Anyways most people on here would say that its not impossible to beat 6 people just damn near impossible. ;)

7. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

hmm six ppl at once. I don't think that it's totally impossible but ur odds suck! Of course why the heck would u screw with someone who has friends that'll back um up?

8. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

I agree, it's pretty unlikely that you will win and if you did there would be a high chance of being very badly injured.

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Erm, i don't think those are the outcomes of every, in fact most fights.

I, along with many others, get annoyed with this kind of crap. I would LOVE someone to demonstrate how to win a fight against 6 angry attackers wanting to beat you up. Shou shuers, included. I don't care if you train for it or not, it is incredibly unlikely.

10. Sandy

Sandy Valued Member

I know of two examples involving multiple opponents ...

In the early nineties, I was attacked by a gang of four, two of whom had weapons. I did succeed in beating them, but was injured in the process. I was lucky. Once the adrenaline had died down, and I had returned from being cleaned up in hospital, it felt a very scary experience. I would not like to repeat it (!) and consider myself very fortunate things turned out how they did.

Going back even further into the mists of time, my first Thai boxing instructor's girlfriend was being harassed by a gang of seven, one of whom had a baseball bat. (Inner city life!) This happened to occur outside the Thai boxing school, where she was heading to meet him. Noticing the commotion outside, my instructor went out and briskly beat all seven of them! (Without himself getting so much of a scratch!) However, he was a phenomenally talented and experienced full-contact martial artist (a European Thai boxing champion who had also trained, fought and won in Thailand), in peak condition, with the psychology of defending his girlfriend.

Anything is possible, but it's always best to avoid a fight.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  11. kempocos

kempocos Valued Member

Only if they all are seven years old.

Sandy - you sound like you live in a kungfu movie.

Try actually sparring hard four to six people and you will find numbers matter. They will not wait and come at you one at a time, I think it is funny every thread like this has a post with , I BET A GROUP , AND ONCE MY INSTRUCTOR BEAT EVEN MORE.

12. acrawford

acrawford Ki-Ken-Tai no Ichi

13. Freeform

But I think children are ok.

14. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

You can just say you disagree.

You don't have to be unpleasant!

15. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Hard, not impossible. I guess you'd just have to go psycho if you want to win :D With that many people, you'll most likely have to defend your life. So I guess lethal attacks are allowed, in that case, I'd say you'd stand enough of a chance if you can quickly and accurately enough get your attacks in. Attack one in the throat, another in the genitals, a third in the side of the head followed by an elbow, the next in the solar plexus followed by face, the fifth a barrage of attacks to the center body and face and maybe the last one will think otherwise, but then again, if he doesn,t he gets it worst. There's a way, minimal attacks, all you have to do is be ready to release them as fast a possible.

16. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

It's exactly these sort of "tactics" that get on my nerves. Things just don't happen in a sequence like that.

17. Twimyo Jirugi

I know. Combat is one of the most unpredictable of unpredictables. That was just an example of what could work, not how something would go.

18. Freeform

The only really effective way of Taking Out multiple opponents is to get out the Platinum card and treat them to a great big nosh at the local Noodle Shack ;)

How's that one Adam? :cool:

19. aikinoob

aikinoob noobism is curable

thanks, that gave me a giggle...

20. Twimyo Jirugi

Bejaysus you're right! I wonder if anyone's ever tried taht before? "Hey mr. thug, how about me, you and your buddies head off for something to eat instead of you guys beating me senseless? Come on, my treat."