Telekiness

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Xio, May 27, 2004.

1. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

Anybody have any theories on telekiness? As in using your Chi/Qi to effect thing externally. eg/ moving objects without physical contact

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Yep, I have a great theory on it. Its nothing more than a myth.

3. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

I have to admit I'm sceptical about that sort of thing. I personally think that chi works on a sort of placebo effect. That's why it can make techniques stronger and you happier etc because your mind has effect over your body, I don't think however that your mind has a direct effect over external objects that's why chi can only effect you.

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

MYTH, in a word.

5. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Telekinesis: I tried it once on a friend's donut.....to see if I could get to it before he ate it.

I hope that guy enjoyed his donut, 'cause I sure didn't get any of it :D

6. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Telekenesis literally means moving things from a distance. So, yes, I can use a remote control and operate RC cars.

Can people move things using only mind power??? Gee, it's possible in the sense that everything must be possible (and both fact and fiction) since the Universe is infinite.

Stick to games and anime for the superpowers.

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

As mythy as a mythy thing that's a myth

8. Nerevar

Sure it's possible Yoda! You just have to reach true enlightenment, die and go to MA heaven, train EXTREMLY hard for 1000+ yrs. with every great grandmaster, and be reincarnated into a PERFECT body. not to much to ask!

9. Mega Saiyan

Mega Saiyan Valued Member

Don't knock Anime!

10. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

:rolleyes:

Damn, whats going on with the Internal Thread of late?! Between meditating on your head, and moving things with your mind, all sense of practical training and relevant discussion seems to have gone to the... fairys?

11. Nerevar

I wan't knocking anime. I was saying that if you want to see superpowers watch anime or play videogames. Just look at how many years of dedication it takes to be able to perform things like 1 finger pushups and breaking large amounts of stuff at a time. Most MAist never get near that level! Forget telekinesis. Our Yoda ISN'T a real Jedi Knight able to lift X-Wings out of swamps without physical contact.

12. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

Yeah, I think it nothing more than a myth too. I was just asking cause it has been mentioned a few times and i was interested in what you guys thought.

13. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

cant say for a fact its not real so who knows :)
    guess you have to choose for yourself
    and that fact that something isnt seemingly well known dosnt make it any less possible.. just means more people listen to other people than they do to themselves and life

14. squarepusher13z

squarepusher13z New Member

no offense, but you dont practice an internal martial art, so you really arent that qualified, do i believe in telikenisis, hell no, but flat out, you do karate, which is an excellent MA, but it has nothing to do with chi, so youve never felt chi, or seen chi, i have done both, therfore, i must ask you to reserve your judgment until you have something that remotley resembles expierence in that area

15. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

squarepusher13z: So you believe, in your experience, that only an internal practitioner can experience chi? Also, what exactly is your experience of Karate to state that it has nothing to do with ki? And before I forget, what exactly do you mean by 'or seen chi'. For example, do you mean that you have seen someone display a technique that was a manifestation of chi cultivation, or do you mean to say that you have actually seen chi in a literal sense?

16. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

technicaly squarepusher13z is correct in karate they call it ki rather than chi but thats as far as it goes ..while not as evident at the lower levels karate does involve the use of internal energy .... what do you think a kia is all about ..

17. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

I don't think you need to have studied or be studying an internal art to experience your own chi. I have done and i do Rhee TKD. (it's known to have absolutly no internal principles at all).

As for seeing chi, Yes you can. I've seen my own chi but no one elses. I've only every practised any chi exercises on my own.

18. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

there a couple of sections to it one is the colour or aura then there is a thin band kinda like the snow on a tv screen then there is an expanded area similar to the two previous thats is gray..kinda white and its size depends on the individual and the tasks they are performing at the time you look at them or at least thats how i see it :)

19. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

Ya it's different for everyone as with just about everything else to do with chi.

20. paulol

paulol Valued Member

What is CHI?

That's what you have to ask yourself !

I have felt it (my own and others !) and used it (pushing someone off balance). But now have lost the concentration.

CHI is the energy of life and the universe.

On the original question "can it be used to move an object?" I would say no! But you could move a person or animal !

It could be all in the mind? But that's the whole point !!!!!

paulol.