ONG BAK Thaiboxing film

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by diligentmantis, May 23, 2004.

1. diligentmantis

diligentmantis Valued Member

Has anyone seen the film Ong Bak? I watched this last night and thought this must be one of the best martial films regarding fighting. I was woundering what you muay thai people thought about the techniques used in the film?.

sean

2. Cain

Cain New Member

That's it! I am off to look for this movie, there have been about a dozen threads in the movie forum stating how great it is, now my resistance level has gone to zero! p2p - here I come :D

|Cain|

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Authentic Muay Boran/Ling Lom-Ong Bak is pretty cool.

If you like Ong Bak, check out some other Thai martial Films such as
    Bang Rajan, Suryothai etc.

In fact most of the stuff coming out of the Thai industry is pretty interesting at present, regardless of genre, some great horrors and Comedies etc.

4. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

seen it but I need to get a version with English subtitles looks very good though.

5. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Im with you Cain. Cant resist any longer.

6. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

I must see this movie and I will go rent it at a movie place because by the looks of it, It looks better than JCVD film "Kickboxer".

7. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

Oh for god's sakes, see this movie already all of you...it's your homework for tonight.
    It's packed with really nice muay Boran moves, ling lum, krabi-krabong, explosions, tuk-tuks, pitfights, angry farangs, Buddha heads, acrobatics, somersaults, etc etc. Fun for the whole family.
    All of my friends have seen it and they give it three OOOOFs up. Why? Because your testicles will make a mad dash for your large intestine and you'll go
    "OOOF" every time an elbow sinks into someone's skull.

8. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

I managed to get it from winmx, very good quality as well....

9. Sagat

Sagat New Member

hey nicolo is there anywhere in the city where i could get ong bak?

10. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

I'm gonna check out my local Blockbuster and rent it or buy it.

11. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

Sagat:

Check out the VCD/DVD/CD stores in Chinatown (there's like one on Mott Street between Bayard and Canal and several on Bowery between Canal and Grand Streets - there's one right at the mouth of the Manhattan Bridge). Get the Ong Bak vcds. They also have DVDs but they're region 3 only - unless of course, your DVD player is hacked or can take region 3 dvds

12. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

what is muay boran? is there any articles/info bout it.

13. Sagat

Sagat New Member

WOW! i just saw ong-bak and am very impressed. the fight scenes are awesome...the main muay boran dude is acrobatically blessed...i had no idea what in the hell hell cool j they were talking about but basically got the gist of the movie. also, it was great to how see the thais view foreigners lol all in all it was a great action flick the only discrepancy i had with the movie was that one biker girl's voice...she was slightly cute but when she opened her mouth i wanted to... :woo:

14. Adam

Adam New Member

I have a question about this movie. Since I have the crappily translated Hong Kong version of the movie, I couldn't make out what the note Mai's sister gave to her said and why it made her cry. Can somebody who can read thai or have a non-crappily subtitled version help me out here?

15. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

I'll ask my Thai friend.