How do you hang?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by blackbelt_judoj, May 12, 2004.

1. blackbelt_judoj

blackbelt_judoj New Member

Probably the most crucial question you will ever be asked.....

When you train, do you wear boxers or pants (underware for all those americans out there)?

I know they are not the most fashionable things in the world, but when i first started competing i had to stap my goods up nice and tight to my body with a pair of pants to stop my balls getting trapped between my legs when i was thrown.

I now tend to wear boxers to let my piece swing with the throw (avoidance instead of blocking)!

I personallly do judo. Does your MA determine your under garments? What do you wear and why? No i'm not a weirdo...honest. :Angel:

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Offbeat topic...

I used to wear briefs but found them constraining and abrasive, especially grappling... and I find boxers too loose. I prefer 'boxer briefs' which tend to give support, felxibility and coverage in case of a rip-out. (Hanes are better than FTL in my opinion)

3. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

I've allways been an underpanter. I hate boxers :woo:

4. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

I've worn boxers since i was inlike 5th grade and never really gave it much thought.

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I always wear large boxers that give lots of room

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

what a description of undercover action!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Too much detail :D

8. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Personally, I wear a cup so that I don't hang. Been kicked there once too many times to do otherwise!

9. BSR

BSR Valued Member

Well, I normally wear boxers, but when I was wearing them in class, some of my pairs started to rip in the crotch after doing kicks. So I had to buy some briefs that I wear just for class. They were pretty uncomfortable at first due to the fact that I haven't worn them since about the 7th grade.

10. clutchdoctor

clutchdoctor Tae Kwon Do Do

I just wear underwear, yeah i'm american:p. it holds me in good positions for kicks and stuff and when i fall it doesn't get in the way cause the briefs just hold me in good positions....ok, basically, briefs, cause they keep me from hurting myself. :)

11. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

my dream thread!

i have tried briefs, boxers, boxer briefs, sweat pants, tight pants, ive even tried to train going commando( which is a bad idea because it gets in the way of everything). i dont like tight pants because it feel like theres nothing there to keep me from hyper extending and hurt myself.

i just want to avoid doing loads of laundry

Right now i train in sweat pants or in just plain boxers or boxer briefs. those are your best bets. I especially loathe when it hangs if i must wear nothing down there. My thighs, they like almost kick it and its more prone to damage.

12. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

If I don't wear something tight and throw a kick out too fast, something hits my leg and it hurts, so briefs for me.

13. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

I wear boxers, never much liked whitey tighties. I see many are concerned about "the nutcracker" breakfall which is another reason I like my ninpo, we only breakfall in ways that we can't do this.

14. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

they are called tighty whiteys :D

15. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

nah man, I never wear pants, too constrictive. briefs. uh I guess I mean boxer briefs, that weird pant/boxer hybrid.

16. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Boxer Briefs here :)

17. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

I like a thin thong, it gives me a lot of support and makes me feel special.

jk, boxers here

18. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

OMFG! HOW COULD GO COMMANDO!?if u like....high kick in front of someone while wearing baggy pants....they look down your pant leg and OH MY GOD MR WINKY!
    anyways with that disturbing mental image aside i wear boxers although if its warm in the dojo that day and im thrown theres alot of wrecking ball action going on down under which can get nauseating if it falls wrong ESP if u dont breakfall right ( a reason itself to wear boxers, you body trains your muscles to land right so you dont squish the soldiers :D )

19. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Boxers only. Never wear anything else

20. shootodog

shootodog restless native

boxer briefs and a cup!

i stopped training in my satin boxer a long long time ago :cry: :cry: :cry: