red dwarf

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by iain radford, Mar 21, 2004.

1. iain radford

iain radford taekwondododo

is there any red dwarf fans out there or do you think its aload of rubbish.personaly i think its one of the funniest sci-fi comedys going

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Red Dwarf ROCKS :D

Attached Files:

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Sssmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeggg Hhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddd

:d

4. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

Its had its moments :D

5. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

Love it, an absolute classic

6. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

I didnt like how they brought that lady into at the end (Cichanski?)

It was still great though.

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Very good. I changed a lot over the years, still prefered the first computer! :D

8. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

9. morphus

morphus Doobrey

I am definately a Dwarfer - been following from day one. & hoping that the film eventually gets off the ground.

I even used to buy the magazine.

10. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

One of the best TV programmes ever:D

I heard they were supposed to be doing an American version?

11. Timmy!

Timmy! A Hypno-Toad In Disguise

An American pilot episode was made, but that was as far as it got. The script didn't seem to work with American actors. Although the original version has been shown quite widely in the US.

12. Leto

Leto New Member

Why would you want to make an american version of red dwarf???

that just wouldnt work.

But I am wondering about the motivations that would make ppl try to do that.. why not just screen the british one (which they did in the end) since its already in the same language.. its not like its japanese or something :/

13. Timmy!

Timmy! A Hypno-Toad In Disguise

Perhaps they thought Americans wouldn't be able to understand Craig Charles' accent or something. Either way, the American pilot was very poor and it's good to see that common sense prevailed and originals were shown instead :)

14. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

it was good.. maybe not the last series when they brought back all the crew though.

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

yeah the last series wasnt that good. Been watching series 4 on dvd all the time.

ACE RIMMER! WHAT A GUY.

I'll be in my room, covered in Tarama Salata.

16. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

I am going to Dimension Jump in June (kindof a Red Dwarf convention, with all the actors/actresses from the show in a hotel with the fans).

17. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast.

What a guy :D

18. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

My wife totally rules - she bought me the 1st series on DVD for Xmas. Birthday coming up - I'm hoping for season 2!

Personally, I think Red Dwarf is one of the best comedies ever made. The first 6 seasons were awesome, then they changed it to try to evolve and brought all the crew back. That made it different, and not as good as far as I'm concerned. The beauty of it was in the relationships between so few people. It would be great if they went back to the original formula. Anyway, we'll always have the first 6 series.

And Parrot's.

:)

19. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Or even the 8 series that were actually made ;) Series 6 and 7 were pretty poor really (in comparison to the rest), but series 8 got it back on track. Series 4 and 5 were particular favourites for me.

20. iain radford

iain radford taekwondododo

my wife also bought me the first series on dvd (what a guy sorry woman).hoping for the second series soon red dwarf rocks.i've got most of the books,infinity welcomes careful drivers,better than life and the last remaining human being.read them all over and over again.smegging brill