Whats your training schedule?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by KungfuDanny, Mar 18, 2004.

1. KungfuDanny

KungfuDanny New Member

I just wondered what peoples training schedules consisted of, rest days, cardio, weights, martial arts etc. How often, in what different ways, and for how long do you train each week?

My own at the moment is:

Sunday Cardio(jogging, rowing, crosstrainer): 1h. Weights: 1h. punch bag: 1/2h. kung fu forms: 1/2h.

Monday Cardio: 1.5h.

Tuesay Rest day

Wenesday Vale tudo: 2h

Thursday Kung fu: 1h

Friday Jog: 1/2h. Nunchucks: 1/2h. Kung fu stances/strikes/forms: 2h.

Saturday Kung fu: 2h. Pad work: 1h.

Do people think that day of total rest is a good thing each week? I've shown you mine, now show me yours! :rolleyes: :p

2. Li Nan-Lung

Li Nan-Lung New Member

Erm. I don't really have much of a Plan. Having a plan for me is just another thing I'd end up forgetting. I train at Kung Fu(1h-2h) on Mondays and Wednsdays, and throughout the week I'll do weight training, Punching bag, etc.

3. Budd

Budd Valued Member

Sunday - Rest
    Monday - Submission Fighting - 1.5 hours
    Tuesday - Aikido - 1.5 hours
    Wednesday - Grappling - 1.5 hours, Aikido - 1.5 hours
    Thursday - Aikido - 1.5 hours, Shinto Muso-ryu Jo - 1.5 hours
    Friday - Weight training - 1 hour
    Saturday - Aikido - 1.5 hours, Shinto Muso-ryu Jo - 1.5 hours, Grappling/Cardio (depending on training partners' availability) - 1-2 hours.

Yes, I think one day of rest is essential. As is getting enough sleep every night.

4. Song1

Song1 New Member

I wish a was able to have a set plan, but with being in univeristy, my time is very limited. I train when ever I can. Right behind my house is where the boxing club is located so i try to go every other day between 5am-7am. I practice Goju-ryu karate about 3 times a week right after i go to the gym. Just wish i had more time.

5. KungfuDanny

KungfuDanny New Member

I know the feeling! Working full-time and having a decent social life make it hard to find the time for training. I reckon I only get through my whole schedule about 1 in every two weeks :-( At least your club is so close Songi, I've got a half-hourish drive to each of mine.

Interesting that some of you don't follow a set pattern, if I didn't set myself stuff to do I wouldn't train nearly hard enough!

Danny

6. Sun Hwang

Sun Hwang Train to eat,Eat to train

Here's mine for now anyway:

Monday: Running 1 mile then sprinting uphill ten times without rest and running back. TKD 1 hr.

Tuesday: TKD 2 hours of sparring work.
    Weightlifting: bench press 10 sets X 5 reps
    bicep curls 10 X 5
    Leg Extension 10 X 5
    hamstring curls 10 X 5
    Military press 10 X 5
    Squats 10 X 5

Wednesday: Running 1 mile, sprinting uphill 10 times, running back. TKD 3 hours.

Thursday: same as tuesday

Friday: Running 1 mile, sprinting uphill 10 times running back. Tkd sparring class 1 hr.

Saturday: Olympic class 2 hrs. Demonstration team practice 1.5 hrs.

Sunday: Day of rest.

That's my schedule. I go pretty hard, but I'm training for The Washington Open, and then Nationals so that's why.

7. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

Ah university i remember those hellish 2 hour days when they had the nerve to expect you to attend a 10 am lecture :D

Schedules classes / training
    Monday - JKD and Ju-jitsu
    Tuesday - JKD
    Thursday - Thai boxing

I then fit runs, gym workout and practice into the remainder of the week. If work means i miss one of the above i try to get a morning run in but i'm not one for getting up early unless i am being paid for it!

Generally speaking i aim to exercise 5-6 days a week, i also go to weekend seminars whenever possible

It is important to rest but what consitutes that would depend on your fitness level, if i am weight training i personally have to have rest days in a week. A friend of mine who was a long distance runner did longer runs on his rest day than most normal people do for training!

Without proper rest you will level off then start deteriorating

8. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Sunday: Rest (unless of course I feel like motivating myself to stop being lazy)
    Monday: Muay Thai, Brazilian jujitsu
    Tuesday: Jujitsu (japanese and brazilian)
    Wensday: Muay thai, Brazilian jujitsu
    Thursday: Jujitsu (japanese and brazilian)
    Friday: Rest (don't really feel like goin to train on this day, but ofcourse I walk all day on my job as I do the rest of the week as well:D)
    Sabbath: Rest

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol this is like computer nerds/geeks comparing there computer specs :D

My l33t spec is:

Sunday: Bag work in garage.
    Monday: Jujitsu
    Tuesday: Gym / Kickboxing / Running
    Wednesday: Boxing
    Thursday: Gym / Kickboxing / Running
    Friday: Rest Day
    Saturday: Bag work in garage.