Training in Japan

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by dragon_bunny, Mar 17, 2004.

1. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

Hi
    i was just wondering if any of you (any MA) have traveled to japan/china/korea or where ever you art is from to train.
    I'm interrested in doing this and just wondered how your experiance was, where you had any difficulties or problems or if everything went smoothly
    And most importantly do you feel you benifited more from that training than training you have in your own country?

thank you :)

2. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

I'm going April 2005 to Okinawa, I think it will be the greatest experience for me yet.

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

(emphasis added)

I trained for 4 years in Korea and had a great experience. Check out this thread and the links in for a more in-depth explanation.
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11941

4. Song1

Song1 New Member

I hope do so so after school. I have heard good things from people who went and did alittle train, and from some books. But alas I have to wait 3 more years before I can go.

5. chylaxin

chylaxin New Member

I'm actually planning on going to Japan this summer or the following. I have been to south asian, middle eastern, and eurpean schools and I must say all have been amazing experiences. I was very impressed with the training put in and the wisdom of the Senseis in each dojo.

6. Tireces

Tireces New Member

I was thinking of going to the west coast, but really, Sifu gets them to come over here anyways, and I hate far-away trips.