When it rains it pours.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Aug 16, 2013.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I just came back from the hospital because about two hours ago I slipped and hit my head on concrete. The machine at the hospital was broken so the doc told me to come back tomorrow. But I am certain I have a concussion.

This is on top of my wrecked shoulder. Not to mention that I am also getting over a cold. I am also sans girlfriend and if my interview next week doesn't go well then I will be couch surfing for the foreseeable future.

I am just going to pull an all nighter playing Skyrim and go to another hospital in the morning.

2. LLAP-Goch

LLAP-Goch New Member

Not a good idea with concussion, just go relax, a little bit of tv. The old wives tale about not sleeping is only relevant if somebody is monitoring your symptoms and they can do that by waking you. Have a nap, ask a mate to check on you and avoid the eye stress from the computer screen as it could mask or exacerbate symptoms (dilated pupils etc).

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Do. Nothing. Physical.

or stressful.

If you start slurring in your speech, forgetting things, feeling really sick, or have a seizure you need to go get a head scan immediately. Would be ideal if you told that to somebody who can look after you for a day or so because you may not notice it. These things could indicate a bleed in the brain which can be fatal and you would need direct medical attention because you can die from it.

Now that I've scared you, you very likely don't have a bleed. I have an mTBI I've been recovering from almost 3 months now with some pretty debilitating symptoms but I didn't have a bleed : P.

Edit: Keep in mind that symptoms may not show up for up to a week. I had not symptoms I noticed at the time for an entire week and than one day at a retail store I ended up sitting in my car begging my wife to call an ambulance. Would be smart to cancel any physical activities or long outings for the next couple of weeks just in case.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013