This is exactly what defines Mcdojo

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hannibal, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I generally have a "live and let live" attitude to martial arts....

....actually that is a total lie, but generally if bit keeps people off the streets then no harm done. However, this is by at one of the most shocking displays of Mcdojoism I have seen.

These people are BLACK BELTS - unbelievable! I do not blame then, I blame whatever dishonest cad sold them a promise of skill and self defense and have them a horse poop sandwich instead

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCk5QEGa_U&sns=em"]Sept.2012 Balck Belt Testing - YouTube[/ame]

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Ah, I see the problem. You and all those who have commented on you tube see this as a black belt test.

Read the title of the video "balck belt". This is the level just below beginner, surely?

3. Hannibal

I thought they had just misspelled "bollock"

4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I don't get it.. Is the taller guy trying to imitate tearing a hole in his partners midsection??? :confused:

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I actually found that depressing to watch. I expected to be amused, but it was so bad that it was painful.

What I find so sad is that these people must have spent a great deal of time, and possibly quite a bit of money, without stopping to question what it was that they were being taught, and realising that it is garbage. Maybe they believe that shouting very loudly will distract the attacker so that they do nothing while they stand there waving thei rarms around and leaving themselves wide open?

6. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

I'd be the first to admit I know little about MA...
    But that was mindblowingly bad, just terrible. At least in most Mcdojo the attacker doesn't have to be reminded where and how he has to attack

7. Simon

It backs up my theory that there are no bad students, only bad instructors.

I agree with Johnno that it's sad the students have spent time and money training only to end up with no real level of skill.

I would also bet they haven't any physical or health benefits from their training.

8. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Wow, that video was just atrocious, I wonder if the Instructor knows what kind of crap he is selling or is he actually under the impression that he is actually teaching these kids something?

9. Simon

There are instructors who knowingly rip people off, but there are also instructors wh really believe they have martial ability, when clearly they don't.

Maybe this instructor is such a person.

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I agree that the fault lies mainly with the instructors for teaching garbage, but surely the students should have enough common sense to realise that what they were being taught was a pile of steaming manure?

I'd bet that too! There wasn't even any intensity about the way that they executed their daft moves*. They just stood there like they were playing pat-a-cake.

* Apert from the screaming, obviously.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  11. Simon

I've left a comment on the you tube channel. I very much doubt it'll get a reply.

12. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

:jawdrop:

I feel sorry for the kids. I really hope they watch the video on youtube and take on board some of the comments. Poor guys!!

13. CrowZer0

Here's what I'm thinking. Perhaps the original studen wasn't great and the Instructor tried, this bad student then somehow managed to get an instructors license and then goes on to teach something thinking they are doing the right thing. That I can perhaps understand or forgive.

But someone intentionally selling crap knowing they are giving these kids a sense of false confidence and giving out belts for money I have no sympathy for.

I wonder what the hell the family in the crowd must be thinking?

14. Bozza Bostik

I hope more of you experts do the same....politely of course.

15. CrowZer0

I gave you a thumbs up, sadly this being youtube top comment usually goes to "thumbs up if you're watching this in 2013".

16. Simon

The poster has another video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UemtSXo6_g"]Goalsetting form 2nd half by phases - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing particularly wrong about his movement.

17. Bozza Bostik

18. Hannibal

Not terrible (except for those multiple kicks *ugh*) but makes the first video even LESS excusable. He clearly has a modicum of ability and to allow a BB for his students at such a horrible level defies logic

19. Hannibal

20. Simon

I tried clicking on his "contact us" section on his website, as I was going to invite him to join the discussion.

It doesn't appear to be working.