I want to harvest your knowledge/Help me improve my system

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Street Warrior, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Street Warrior

Street Warrior New Member

Hi all,

I request your input.

I have a system that I use to train myself (and others) in 'self defense'. It is made up of gathered knowledge from an abundance of sources, and some of it I made up.

It has been compiled it in the form of a training manual. I KNOW IT IS FLAWED. I also understand that it will never be perfect, and opinions/schools of thought differ.

So what I would like to do is post this training manual on this forum, so that the wealth of knowledge here can help me in making it better. Perhaps a chapter every other day. I would like feedback on all aspects. For example (but not limited to)

- Different schools of thought on theories
    - Improvement of technical descriptions
    - If you think that something just flat out is not right (preferably accompanied by how to improve it/what is right)
    - If you think something is good but you have an improvement
    - Gramatical errors (US English)
    - Anything you think I should add or remove

etc, etc

Basically any constructive information you have.

I will then use the information I feel valid to re-write the manual (Ill post the revisions).

The Aim Of The Training Manual

The system has not been created in the mind of replacing formal training or established 'styles'.

Rather, the aim is for the participant to be able to learn the basis of fighting techniques in a short time, and then, if he/she wishes, can continue to train himself and his loved ones. It is hoped that from these base techniques that he/she will be able to adapt and apply the principles to other situations.

**MODS**
    If you do not want me to do this let me know.

If it is ok, can you suggest a single place where I can post these chapters. It covers a fairlry wide range of subjects and I think it would be better if they where all in one place rather than all over the forum.

Thanks

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Closed pending MOD discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.