Hello old newbie here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by evva, Oct 21, 2012.

1. evva

evva Valued Member

Hi found this forum after coming across a thread via google while searching for my current club.Some interesting view points in it so off to comment after introducing myself.

I started my martial arts journey at 17 in tkd with master Jim Eldon in TKD. He was a massive influence in my approach to training and taught me some brilliant skillsets like how to learn from others.At 2nd dan i realised my journey needed to take a new course and left the nest so to speak on good terms going into thai boxing with Alan Keddle, a natural progression as a family friend.Later on i needed a bit more and started JKD with Bob Breen then going on to train with a couple of his students, Lee Banda then Dave Birkett.
    Changes in home life and job circumstances influenced some of these changes as im sure many others have encountered.

As i grew a little older i realised training in martial arts was taking its toll on me with a couple of injuries so i took a new path.I decided i just wanted a pure self defence path from now on, this led me into a jujitsu route.

I went to several clubs but was finding too many were about gradings and martial arts by numbers over skill then discovered the sidcup dojo with Geoff Harris.So now i train in Atemei Goshin Ryu Jujitsu an extremely progressive forward thinking style with extremely hard training students and i love it.

At 43 im feeling the aches of training a lot more but loving it all the same.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Welcome evva - you have an instructor in common with at least two people here in Lee Banda!

They may even have posted in this thread....

4. evva

evva Valued Member

Our paths cross again, i have trained alongside you at lee bandas down maidstone at the squash club, some time ago mind.Possibly about 96 ? I remember the crash helmet incident :(

:)

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I recall someone getting their jaw unhinged while wearing the crash helmet. Is that the incident you are talking of?

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard :)

Mitch

7. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Welcome to MAP! Enjoy.

8. evva

evva Valued Member

That's the one !

9. englishbob

englishbob New Member

hey everyone new here myself but been training round about 20 years in UK, freestyle karate and mma are my fields ,42 now it doesnt get any easier does it.

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to you both! :)