If you were going to live in another country?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by vampyregirl, May 7, 2012.

1. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

Which would you choose? For me it would probably be Australia. Lot of wide open space, and they have so much exotic wildlife. And plenty of work for those in my field.

2. righty

righty Valued Member

What is your field?

3. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

The energy field.

4. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Russia'd help me learn sambo and Russian. Of course the whole corruption problem would not be great and I'm not sure about the crime rates.
    I'd like to visit Chernobyl in Ukraine but I hear Pripyat has something of a pollution issue.

Israel would be interesting. Mostly for the political and military exchanges going on in that area, as well as the religious history there.

I don't really know anywhere I have any great desire to live but I'd like to visit a lot of places.

5. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Japan or Thailand (based on the martial art scenes), but in all I'm pretty content with where I'm living now. New Zealand is a beautiful country despite all its flaws.

6. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Probably Canada for the out doors life and hunting etc. Not as far as Aus/NZ for visiting those left behind

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

If I had to live in another country then I'd choose either Ireland, Scotland or Switzerland, provided that I could get work and could live in a nice part of the country.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

finland to train with lu baochun while enjoying free higher education at the bachelor's degree level, and eventually iceland to see what it's like, after the whole 'kicking the government out and rewriting the constitution' thing.

9. Falcord

Falcord Valued Member

Head first to Japan.

I've been obsessed with japan for a long, long time. Not only because of the normal japanophilia reasons (although those are well present in me) but because my field of study is Robotics and electronics. So go figure...

I love JMAS, japanese board games, and many other activities that you simply can't find here.

After Japan... I would probably choose London.

10. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

For me it would have to be Japan, Tokyo specifically, a big fan of the culture, it would have been China if it wasn't for the Government. Ideally I would like to spend a couple of years travelling.

11. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

I'd return to Italy, there is so much to see and the culture is great. I'd see if I could train in some of the old stick fighting traditions that still exist like Bastone Genovese.

12. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

It would have to be Canada (something I am actively pursuing at the moment), for a number of reasons - I have relatives over there, the job opportunities in my field are much more wide ranging than in the UK and initially I wouldn't have to learn another language (I would consider improving my French though). The downside is, that not being Canadian already is going against me in the job market.

Other places I would think about would be Australia or New Zealand and the Scandinavian countries.

13. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Not really sure about moving abroad. But for some reason Ascension Island holds a modicum of fascination. Don't really know why.

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I chose mine already! :)

15. vampyregirl

vampyregirl Moved on

I love Canada and have no plans to leave. its just that if i were to live in another country i think it would have to be Australia.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

If I had to pick another it would be the US...specifically California

17. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I would pick Belize. It's on the Caribbean, the language is English and it is very affordable.

18. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I would pick first choice Japan, I love the culture and would of loved to have studied there although I think my partner wouldn't like the fact that I would be training every hour god sends and she already feels like a Martial Art widow as it is, Second America so much diverse landscapes and things to see.

Osu!

Dan93

Cognito Ergo Sum

19. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

hard decision, would be out of Japan, Korea, or Phillipines. those feel like home away from home. maybe Phillipines if i have the right resources cause the culture sorta reminds me of Caribbean and I would have alot of open space and scenery to get into goat & sheep herding hobby with dog as partner.

20. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Please, come! Bring 20 friends too.

IT'S BLOODY EMPTY HERE.

/On Topic
    If I had to choose a country, it might be Japan or New Zealand. In all honesty though I just kinda want to move out of Winnipeg. Winnipeg is like the ghetto city of Canada. Maybe ill move to the Martimes or Rockys.