The Expendables 2 official debut trailer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Unreal Combat, May 4, 2012.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQf3YP8p85I"]Expendables 2[/ame]

So much testosterone you might get pregnant watching it.

So much awesome rolled into one film.

I don't think the world is ready for Chuck Norris with a supporting cast as awesome as this.

Cannot wait.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Arnie has already stolen all the lines!

Didnt see Randy or Terry Crews enough in the trailer.

3. Unreal Combat

I loved some of the references in this, especially those to The A Team and Predator.

JCVD! Chopper kick on Stallone! Priceless!

I'm so watching this day one.

Oh and Arnold's back!

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

SOLD!!!!!! But then again i was sold the minute they announced a sequel

5. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Can't wait for this, Arnies back and looks like we get a nice fight between Stallone and Van Damn. Awesome!!!!!!!

6. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

This is just shameful, the first one was crap, this one too. It's just going to make money based on the cast list. There was a time when Sly Stallone made movies like Rocky, Rambo. The trailer is also crap.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

It's escapism.

This is the type of film you see with the guys after a hard week at work.
    Brain off, stare at the big screen and say, "entertain me for 90 minutes."

I can understand why someone would look at the trailer and think the film stupid, but it is aimed at a specific audience and will do well. The critics will hate it, those who see it in the cinema will love it.

8. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I was expecting that to be the case for the first one, and with slys ability and the cast available to him he could do something a lot better! That's my problem with it, that he's just doing it for quick cash just finding a story based on the actors he has and not the other way around.

The Losers which came out at the same time as Expendables, was very similar with a less known cast but much more better. I want to see a little effort not just explosions and extremely ridiculous plots and dialogues.

9. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Can't wait for this movie.

Honestlt, the actor who has me the most excited for this is Scott Adkins. He's a classic action star for the new generation.

10. Unreal Combat

The whole point of the Expendables and Expendables 2 was to bring all the high profile action movie stars together (old and new) as a tribute, that's what he wanted to do and that's what people wanted to see. That was his goal, and he succeeded.

If you think it's just for quick cash you would honestly be very mistaken.

You honestly expect something more from a bunch of actors from the 80's and 90's? Some of the acting back then was atrocious, and I guarantee that this will be no different, really.

And that's why people will love it. :)

Worry less about plot and dialogue (except Arnies one liners) and just enjoy it for what it's intended to be.

11. GrappleorWrestle

GrappleorWrestle Valued Member

I loved the first because it was a throwback to the good ol' action movies. It reminded me of when my grandfather and I would watch the old Chuck Norris, Stallone, Arnie, and JVCD movies. And I guess I will admit I watched Seagal as well.....

It's pure entertainment and that's what I get from it.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Only Bruce Campbell could increase the awesome in this film....

13. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I loved the first one - great fun and action and loved the cast.

Best part = Dolph Lundgren (he's already tapped to play "me" in any sort of autobiographical movie)

14. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

How cool would that be?!? Hopefully, they'll make a third one. I wouldn't mind seeing Kurt Russell in one too.

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Me too. The first movie is soooo good! :love:

Wow, that trailer has my name written all over it! I'm there. I am so there.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  16. Unreal Combat

As soon as my missus saw it she was like, day one see. She loves Arnie (and hasn't got a clue who most of the others are except for Jet Li, Stallone, and Statham) and is looking forward to his return to the big screen, haha.

I swear we both laughed so hard when Arnie ripped the door off the Smart Car.

17. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

I liked the first one, even though it gave me the impression of a buncha old, washed up 20th century action stars trying relive the glory days and go out with one last bang. Arnold looked like he was struggling just to walk into the chapel in the first one. I dunno how he pulled it off for the sequel.

I saw a quick scene of Van Damme doing the trademark helicopter jump spin kick at Sly and he looked like he lost his touch lol. im surprise he was even able to get up in the air. This will be an amusing hold over while I wait for Prometheus. Aside from Avengers, Prometheus is what im looking forward to the most for summer films.

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

no mickey rourke this time? He was in the first one, wasnt he?

19. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

The man's in his 50s. I'll consider myself blessed if I hit my 50s and my "lost my touch" looks anything like that.

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Couldn't agree more. Scott Adkins is probably my favourite up-and-coming action star.