Epitome

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by 47MartialMan, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

“Youth is wasted on the young”, yet there are many of youth whom are just plain “wasted”

Epitome,

Please read carefully and try to absorb. Many people, young/old, inexperience/experience, take things written with a different interpretation. Sometimes when this happens, there is a misunderstanding of the entire subject as there are those whom seem to “read between the lines”

Studying many arts (or claiming to) is not a matter of greatness. The notion of this falls under three words; Improbable, Impractical, and Non Fulfillment, which hinge upon each other.

Improbable;

Because studying a martial art (esp. those of the particular you have listed) involves hard focus, it is improbable to study so many simultaneously.

The finance it takes to study that many is also improbable, as one would need to have a good financial status. Which is doubtful by reading your posts.

With most martial arts, it is improbable that a good instructor would hardly consider any novice to teach; knowing that the student is studying so many others.

Impractical:

Just because some arts are in “likeness” to others, and not from ridiculous observations of language, this does not mean to study these simultaneously; one can actually obtain/retain information (Non Fulfillment)

The time required to obtain/retain this information simultaneously makes it impractical upon a lifestyle of standard social norms (Improbable)

Most martial artist of high caliber and experience, know it is impractical to study so many simultaneously and usually wait until a degree of experience with one before moving onto another.

Non-Fulfillment:

Studying so much, is leading to “overflowing the tea cup”. If you are studying these arts from books, videos, or an instructor whom may have a few arts, there is non-fulfillment as the improbable and impractical study of so many
    will hinder potential in many ways.

In likeness to a food dish, putting in many martial arts is like putting in too many ingredients or too much of the same ingredient. In other words, more is not better. I also know a talented musician who can play a few different instruments. However, he plays one or two “string” instruments better. He is a musician not from how many instruments he can play. He is a musician on how well he plays one particular instrument. Speaking of “string” instruments, just because one can play a guitar, does not make it so that one can play a violin or harp. No matter how alike these seem.

Many on a forum such as this welcome novices. Some forum members tolerate the atypical claims and rhetoric commonly made from some novices.

This forum has seasoned veterans and/or experienced martial artists who know all of the above and can easily detect such mendacity. You do not impress anyone by listing so many martial arts. By doing this here, clearly shows that you have an uncontrolable desire to boast and portray a delusional grandeur.

It is be best to read what others have to say before responding with farce posts as those you have made. In other words, allow the seasoned veterans and/or experienced martial artists guide you into giving up these Improbable, Impractical and Non Fulfill ideals.

Richard

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Of course this is not directed at anyone in particular...:rolleyes:
    [/sarcasm]

3. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

You do realize that Epitome is a troll, right? He's probably patting himself on the back right now.

4. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

More like oiling his baseball glove.

5. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Hey Kogusoku,

Sorry to be off topic but is your pic from Redbeard? That fight scene is the oldest of the old school! I was literally just thinking of that scene the other day.

-Jon

6. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Yep it is.

Seeing as how Sugino Yoshio was Mifune Toshiro's martial arts instructor, it's possible that it was Yōshin Koryū jūjutsu. He was one of the last guys to have a full licence in that system before it became extinct.

And it's an awesome fight scene.

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I think he's a 16 year old kid just trying to impress his peers, and you guys are pretty unforgiving.

8. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I agree with Chadderz, he is a kid and has allot to learn, but I don't think he's a troll. I've meet kids like him in the real world who treat the martial arts more as a resume that impresses friends and family, the basis of this is usually insecurity, though very few acknowledge it. Epitome is a martial hobbyist, there's nothing wrong with that, but he can't expect in this regard to be called a martial artist and be taken seriously.

9. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Does he grade for martial artist? Or is it more of a secret society? ;)

Sorry sorry, I jest. No I agree, he doesn't strike me as a troll. Although I do think his training is a little misguided.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

If anyone called me a martial artist i'd grow a beard and start meditating under water falls.

but yeah he cant expect to become proficient in any type of combat.

11. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

At 16 my dad made me turn in the house keys and get a full time job.

I'm a little bit more forgiving than that.

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

woah. like your dad kicked you out at 16?
    thats pretty harsh... is it even legal?

13. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Folks this thread is now closed. Please don't open threads with the sole intention of bashing another member. It is technically a personal attack. If you want to discuss another member's behaviour with your MAP friends, do it via PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.