You've seen the Shake-Weight, now meet his (slightly more homo-erotic) brother

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by SpikeD, Oct 1, 2011.

1. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

The Free Flexor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6uNTpYtacw&feature=player_embedded"]Free Flexor â„¢ - OFFICIAL VIDEO AD - YouTube[/ame]

Love the Hollywood-esque voice over btw. :D:D:D

2. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

The testimonials... ;):D:happy:

I'm going to behave, but LOL! Interesting find. :Angel:

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Ok Fu Bag, I'll take it from here:

"Once you get up momentum, it goes deep, and you can really feel it"

Someone please tell me this is a wind up!

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I would like to know if SpikeD was searching for weights or something to help with his homo-erotic curiosity*. :eek:

*Actually, on reflection I don't want to know. :)

5. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

LOL! I don't think it is. First person to work this product into their MAP fitness log wins a cookie. :D

EDIT! - But, of course, we'll need video proof... ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  6. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I don't need to search for these sort of things; they just come naturally. :evil:

7. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

My god, who even thinks up this stuff! But, hey, perhaps they're laughing all the way to the bank.

paz,

dormindo

8. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

It's not gay if the probes don't touch.

9. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

Who comes up with this stuff?

And why is it "For Men"?

This thing is wrong on so many levels I'm not even sure where to start.

1. You normally use a dumbbell or other weight to focus training on a specific muscle or group at a time using controlled motions.

For example, you do bicep curls because you want to work on your biceps and focus the training there. Then you do tricep curls, lats, or whatever else you want. You normally use controlled motions in order to minimize the chance of injury. This thing goes against all of those concepts based on what's on the video.

2. You want a carefully controlled range of motion in your exercises to prevent injury to the muscles and joints.

You want smooth, controlled motions for the same reason. Even in plyometrics you want smooth transitions and you want to avoid going beyond normal physiological ranges of motion. This thing is certainly not for beginners. You need to be very careful to control it or you will seriously damage your wrist.

3. They keep talking about the "burn" from working the muscles. That "burn" is from anaerobic metabolism - lactic acid build up. That is NOT good for your muscles. Lactic acid is a biproduct of anaerobic (without oxygen) metabolism. This is what happens when your body can't find enough oxygen to supply the muscles with what they need. The anaerobic energy cycle is less efficient and causes a build up of biproducts (the most well known is lactic acid) which then inhibit muscle contraction.

I could continue, but I think I've made my point.

And, once again, why is this "for men" only? I did not see a single usage shown in the advert that would benefit a woman. That makes it seem like there's some sort of hidden agenda.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

All I can think of is the "Hatchett Harry" scene from "Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels".....you know which one I mean

11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

AHHAHAHAH..... Awesomeness!
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

The entire fitness industry in your pants! Woot!