Your favorite weapon!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Sonshu, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

PLEASE WITH THIS ONE - it is for a melee weapon no guns (Us UK boys cant play with them) and also not my hands are my weapons as we all know and agree with this!

ALSO

What is in your mind the most effective weapon and why????

Over to you all!

SONSHU

2. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Sticks & knives (FMA) , I love a good Sword too

The Most Efective Weapon
    I would say is a staff
    For it's long reach.

3. waya

waya Valued Member

I have to say swords, preferrably a shorter blade because the techniques are easier to adapt. I have been impressed with a few others recently but I don't have any experience with using them so I'll stick to something I know lol.

Rob

4. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Whatever I can get my hands on when the need arises :)

As I've said elsewhere on this forum and others, I'm a big proponent of flexible weapons. Using clothes (mine or the attacker's). I like this because it'll almost always be available as an option.

But, literally, the *best* weapon is whatever I can get my hands on when the need arises. If I can't get my hands on it then it won't do me much good.

Mike

5. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

I only trained with a bo staff, and I messed around with a few others. But I like the bo or short stick, because once you learn it, anything (stick on the ground, pole, bat, ect) can be used as a staff as a weapon when the need arises. It's kinda cool if you think about it :)

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Short knives. About two inch long blade at the most, nice and sharp. Preferably double-edged blades. Unserrated.

7. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

bow n arrow...i can shoot u from distant too :D

if u asking about weapons then i hav done bit of knife, then nunchaku...n nunchaku can be bit noisy...in situations...
    my favorite would be indian flexible sword(if i knew how to use it)
    cuz it covers 18 feet around u :D u can handle army of men(not with gun n granades) easily
    and yes it's not fantasy...
    -TkdWarrior-

8. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

Definitely a sword...

A single, light, nice sword, in the hands of a skilled practitioner..

Awesome.

Sweeet.

9. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

I'm a big fan of archery but actually hitting someone from a large range would be quite a task.

I love the speed and range of attacks with the shorter staffs - Hanbo + Jo.

I really like my keychain which I've modelled after a small Manriki.

And any short sword, preferably two - Roman Gladius', Ninjitos, etc.

10. Sonshu

Thought you would do taijutsu

Most people who have done it like the hand-bo & Jo as they are really excellent and practical weapons! - good choice!

SONSHU

11. Sonshu

MY prefered weapon

Is a Katana.

Have to say I like Yari (Spear's) and Naginata (Pole Arm) as the range is a real bonus and with good timing you can beat any swordsman.

Just got to use your feet well.

Most are good - a Kasari is good but not often used as its mostly a taijutsu weapon. Also a good old knife!

SONSHU

12. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

Mine for practical use would be the kobutan but for training Nunchakus, Jo infact most of them hahaha as long as I dont hurt myself in training.

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I like my sticks, work at a good range, very effective and best thing to use without getting in trouble, ie maybe bruises and fractures instead of slicing somebody open.

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hmm, hate knives, it'll have to be a stick of some description, a tonfa maybe...

15. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

I have to add to my answer above. I like the nunchakus. I don't know about being effective, but they look so cool when done by a good practitioner. I tried to practice with them, which I did get kinda good with a few moves, but I know that it'll take a looooong time to get really good with them. But I'm up for the challege :D

16. Martial Sloth

Martial Sloth New Member

A SCUD?! :) :) Hehehe..just kidding, for me'd I'd have to say a bo!

Silly question on the side, what's the correct name for the curved blades resembling a miniture sickle?? Blade almost at right-angles to the handle

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Kama aren't they?

18. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

yeah and kickass weapons they are too, useful for farming too.

When using two they have amazing potential, really useful for disarming opponents.

19. Martial Sloth

Martial Sloth New Member

:):):) Hehehe...disarming, in every sense of the word!

20. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

What would you say is the most usefull weapon for you to learn?

I'd have to say the sticks.

But, Sniper riffles are proving effective these days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.