RWC Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Llamageddon, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

2. righty

righty Valued Member

Does anyone know of any tipping comps around where you simply try to pick the winning team of each match and maybe the score as well?

I've tried the picking the players and making your own team but it gets a bit tedious.

3. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i wish i knew enough players to do this. will watch though. only the fifa world cup matches it.

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Damn you, having to decide between Wilko and ROG!

There we go. A team entirely from 6 Nations sides, and not featuring Wilko who will probably be injured at some point.

5. righty

righty Valued Member

So I caved in and joined. Thanks for adding me to the league.

Let's see how this goes.

6. Llamageddon

Not long to go, now!

Anth, I have a feeling you're going to have to do a lot of messing around with your team when it gets to the knockout stages ;)

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Probably!

I have a feeling I'm going to be knackered for the next few weekends - early mornings for the RWC and then F1 in the afternoon :p

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Well after today I'm glad I didn't choose Wilkinson! I'm currently 4th of 5 but I'll be last tomorrow even if Ireland don't score.

9. Llamageddon

I'm bottom, but considering Heaslip, Earls, O'Driscoll and O'Connell are likely to have stormers, I think I could be getting some serious pointage. I've also changed a back rower to Warburton. Hoping it was the right call

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Your Irish players will take you above me just by getting game time. I'll have a look-see about changes on Monday.

11. righty

righty Valued Member

Watched the England v Argentina game last night. Was a cracker. Poor old Jonny too.

England deserved to be smashed for wearing that strip. But then France were wearing all white. After the last few days when given a choice, I'm buying Puma over Nike.

12. Llamageddon

So I'm hoping I've stumbled across a winning formula. I hate picking French players just because the coach is so unpredictable.

FR W Servat FRA
    FR B du Plessis SA
    FR A Jones WAL
    SR P O'Connell IRE
    SR S Whitelock NZ
    BR R McCaw NZ
    BR J Heaslip IRE
    BR S Warburton WAL
    SH M Parra FRA
    FH D Carter NZ
    C B O'Driscoll IRE
    C M Tuilagi ENG
    OB J O'Connor AUS
    OB K Earls IRE
    OB C Heymans FRA

I'm still a bit uncertain about Earls. I think he's a great player with lots of potential, but I think he can be a bit too eager to break the line sometimes.

13. righty

righty Valued Member

GAH for changes to team lineups after the deadline.

14. Llamageddon

So I managed to swap out Richie McCaw and put in Rocky Elsom, but because of the other reshuffles I've had to do I ran out of transfers. And guess what? I've just seen that Dan Carter isn't starting for NZ. So I have no fly half, and no kicker. It wouldn't even let me change it to Parra!

So there's a tonne of points I'm going to miss out on. Just got to hope for lots of tries and MotMs now.

15. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Looks like people who had Dan Carter in their team are now knackered. Going with ROG as kicker got me off the bottom - glad I didn't choose Wilko with how he's been kicking lately (I blame playing in France :p). I just have to get rid of the Scotch and Italians in my side now, though picking Parisse seems to have been a good choice of mine!

16. Llamageddon

Yep, I've got to pick a new kicker now...

But in good news NZ have lost Dan Carter! :D

17. righty

righty Valued Member

Chicken dinner.

18. Llamageddon

You got lucky ;)