What's new in v3

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by hongkongfuey, Feb 8, 2004.

1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

I thought it worth adding a thread for what's new in v3. If you find anything you like that is new, then share it with other here.

I'll start (I've got a bit of an unfair advantage as I've been using v3 for around 4 months!):

You can now challenge someone to a 1-1 game in the arcade. Just find a post of theirs on the forum. Click on their username, and one of the options is 'challenge in the arcade'. Pick the game of your choice and they will get a PM. If they accept, you get a PM back and you then each get one shot at the game. Highest score wins. Loser - you leave with nothing.

2. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

OK, another new feature - Similar threads - has just been added.

Basically, if there are existing threads with similar keywords to the thread you are in, they will show up at the bottom of the page.

3. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

I like the little icon next to the user names in the post that lets you know if the person is online or not. ANd the similar thread thing is cool too. I also like the new arcade...ahh I like it all. You(the people who help make MAP v3) did an excellent job.

4. totality

totality New Member

lol, grifter, the last version had that too. it was down by the profile button.

5. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

D'Oh :eek:

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

this place just keeps getting better, with the mod and admin tags on their posts and the new games in the arcade. i just hope no-one from the RSPCA look in the arcade. we seem to have an unhealthy facination with killing penguins :D

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yep - little tweaks here and there - moving forwards every day :D

The penguins like it :D

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

try telling that to the RSPCA! as i type this i notice the awards are back. does this mean the journal button will be back soon too?

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

You wish :D

No - we are waiting for the new V3 compatible version of the Journal software -it hasn't been released yet.

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Have you actually read some of the Penguin related comments in the Arcade? ROFLMAO!

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

yes i have, most of them are proclaiming the downfall of Ninja Penguin.

id just like to say: GO OPUS!!!! :D