KFM Keisy Fighting Method

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Noobarateka_007, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Noobarateka_007

Noobarateka_007 New Member

Anybody know KFM? Could you give me an opinion about it? Is it considered a martial art? Would it be useful on street?

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Noob, you really need to get over this "on the street" mentality you have got stuck in. ANY art will work if you drill it sufficiently, and if your sole desire is to be a good fighter on the street really quickly then take up boxing on be done with it.

Anyway, to the original question, KFM is a JKD offshoot founded by Justo Dieguez Serrano. He is a decent guy and pretty skilled. I have only trained with him and Andy Norman (a few years ago now mind) so I can't speak for individual instructors beyond that.

is it a club nearby or a seminar doohickey?

3. Noobarateka_007

Noobarateka_007 New Member

Well, I didn't ask for a criticism about my "on the street" mentality, just for KFM. Thank you anyway.

4. Hannibal

You don't want advice? Don't ask questions

And you're welcome

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

KFM has been discussed on this board a good few times, chap, the search function will serve you well. I've only looked at a very little KFM myself (an instructor did a bit of it to break up his regular class once coz I asked him about it), but while I appreciate its ideas things like the pensador felt kinda clunky and awkward for me to use (but then I have different habits from other styles ingrained in me so the pensador felt counterintuitive.)

As for the street, as Hannibal said, depends how you drill it.

6. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

some stuff I've seen from KFM looked really, really dubious.

This video springs to mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWUTOLT53Q"]YouTube - ‪Keysi Fighting Method Self Defense‬‏[/ame]

There is also a lot of hype and 'street lethal' marketing involved.

I'd not bother with it myself, at worst it's just hollow flash masquerading as pragmatism and at best I can't see it being anywhere near superior to solid boxing skills combined with some fundamental clinch grappling/striking ability.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Break a leg with a hammer fist while holding some dudes trouser leg eh?
    Wishful. Thinking.

8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

he he he he he Keysi. Scientology for martial artists.

The Bear.

9. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Feet punching?

I may be missing something, but does Justo punch his students foot or his ankle in the last part of the defence?

Bill

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

All you're missing is that his student actually holds the leg up for him to grab :)

Mitch

11. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Nope, got that ;-)

Just not sure as to the efficacy of punching the sole of the foot/ankle as a fight finisher!

Bill

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Maybe he's looking to tickle him into submission? :D

MItch

13. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Effective technique

Now that makes sense...;-)

Bill

14. Hannibal

Sensible answer - probably a weapon based derivative or a way to "numb" the foot so no follow up...to be blunt I was very 'hmmmmmm...no" about that finisher

Non-Sensible answer - Not as impressive as Antony Cummins who does it holding eggs!

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You need to look at his "helix lockdown" clip. He puts it forward as some super secret technique when all it is is basic locking principles and then after locking the guy up he gives him a blade and points out how hard it is to cut.

:bang:

16. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

I have heard it referred to as the keysi fleecing method. Your expected to fork out a lot apparently.