MAP vs. Bullshido

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by antihero.zero, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antihero.zero

antihero.zero Valued Member

Hello Community,

Wow. Bullshido. Some of you have accounts on both forums, and I'm curious what makes Bullshido work for you? Even the moderators over there troll constantly. It seems like it's just a mud slinging match with the only moderation being to attack those who dare question the superiority of BJJ, judo, boxing, or kickboxing. Is there something more I'm missing about the whole Bullshido experience?

Hugs & Teddy Bears,
    Antiherozero

2. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Yea if you want to get verbally abused, that's the place! I think it is mostly teeny boppers on there. Collage kids and children. It is entertaining sometimes and you can find the rare moments that an actual conversation can be maintained. I don't spend much time there and I spend too much time here. LOL

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Bullshido just has a different style - once you adjust the differences are not that great.

Trolls here at MAP tend to have a longer shelf life because they do not get flamed off the second they appear - this is both a blessing and a curse!

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Bullshido is like your grouchy uncle, they are always complaining about something.

5. antihero.zero

antihero.zero Valued Member

Perhaps, but it seems like Bullshido is just a community of trolls. Even their "non-trolls" are generally quite abusive to other users there, and it's perfectly acceptable. I was lead to believe the moderation was stricter in the traditional arts sections of their forums, but it's not. It's just the same name calling I've found in the more obvious trolling sections of their forums.

I'm trying to understand the appeal here. I notice there are more funny/entertaining threads over there, but I don't understand anyone trying to have a serious conversation over there, unless it's just in support of MMA > everything else.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

They are not that black & white, but in pragmatic terms MMA has a universal level that can be shown as good - other arts don't or only profess to so they have to "prove it" more

Horses for courses

7. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

meh

apples and oranges to my mind. map vs bullshido?

bullshido > rooting out fakes and frauds and such. So i can see why they flame much more, are more critical, ask for proof every 30 seconds, and so on. JudoChampion was a victim of them quite easily, as he found out. Why? Very easily. Say 'this guy here is.....abc' and they'll say 'Proof or yer a troll'

Fortunately, MAP is not mostly dedicated to that so JC is able to talk about his kids and such with more ease and freedom while also understanding that too much could be considered advertising, I'll use a quote from a post Dean Winchester wrote in a wushurichard thread: "Great and true real MA teachers are always happy to chat about what they teach; actually its hard to shut them up."

8. rivend

rivend Valued Member

I would have to take an in depth look at Bullshido to offer an intelligent opinion. I have visited it but haven't read anything in their more serious martial arts or mma forum topic area.The only section I browsed was the more off topic type stuff. But you really can't catch the feeling of the whole forum from just reading a few posts in there.

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Been a while since we had one of these threads!

They're just forums, there's no exclusivity rules and several mods here are members there. That said I used to moderate a video game forum with a very similar style but after Saz offered me double what I was earning there I figured the relative maturity I found here far more appealing. Or maybe it was just laziness because I was bored of reading pages of null comments to read the occasional gem from one of the posters I liked. Either way I find BS far closer to that than to MAP so I don't visit BS often.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  10. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

What happened? I could find much worse sites to complain about for sure. It's been pretty quiet until a couple weeks ago. Why them now? Are you guys really that wound up about Phrost coming on MAP acting like a tool for like eight posts, or is there something else going on here? Hell, even a little bit before he showed up again people suddenly started kvetching for no apparent reason.

11. Osu,

Bullshido is to MMA what MAP is to Karate & Kyokushin4life to kyokushin...
    Different mindsets, different reasons to do what we do. :)

OSu!

12. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

MAP is where i post after i get too butthurt over bullshido.

Srsly though:
    YMAS is pretty much the only subforum for vale tudo type of posting. Posting in YMAS will get you char-broiled unless you are exceedingly funny or clever.

There are several active subforums (Newbie&advanced technique forums, TMA forums etc) that are moderated with an iron fist in regards of trolling

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I don't think anyone's wound up apart from the OP, everyone else is pretty well, "meh."

If anyone really wants to read hours of discussion on the differences between two websites, then MAP has a fantastic Search function. :)

Mitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.