Can't delete profile #2

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by snyderkv, Apr 8, 2011.

1. snyderkv

snyderkv Valued Member

MAP,

I noticed I have no way of permantely deleting my profile on MAP.

When I no longer have a use for forums, I like to remove the profile so my email account and whatever other information is not easily accessible thus reducing my e-footprint.

Post #1 was attacked by trolls so I had to make a #2. If possible, how can I go about getting my profile removed?

Thanks again

2. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Do you suffer from amnesia? Or did you think that your whining last time made the MODs lose enough sleep through worry that your email address may end up in the wrong hands that they implemented said service to satisfy your paranoia?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

There is no possible way of leaving Map. One day, perhaps far into the future, you'll hear a call, a tugging in your heart. It'll be Map ;)

4. snyderkv

snyderkv Valued Member

Anyone else care to explain how to remove a profile from the forums servers or would you like to be a post whoring troll like

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  5. snyderkv

snyderkv Valued Member

Thanks Moi, now I can move on knowing that there is no possible way of deleting ones profile. Don't know why it's such a sensitive subject for some lurkers.

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

7. Moi

I'm sure your email could be deleted or at the very least changed

8. Moi

All togther now..

9. snyderkv

snyderkv Valued Member

Thanks

10. Dean Winchester

Can't see what the fuss is about.

He should just take it easy, too much life in the fast lane if you ask me.

11. snyderkv

snyderkv Valued Member

Who me? I am taking it easy, simple question, simple answer. I got it after some teeth pulling.

Thanks again

12. Dean Winchester

I know.

It's hard being the new kid in town.

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

We don't delete profiles. If you're worried about security then remove all personal information from your profile. If you don't want to post any more then you can request that we set your profile to "moved on" if you want - it's not a deletion but it is an inactivation of sorts. If you have stuff you want to remove from your profile, do it before you ask to be set to moved on as you won't be able to access your profile to delete stuff once you're set to "moved on".

However, I should warn you that we have rules against individuals creating multiple accounts. I'm not accusing you of this, just pre-warning you. If you were to come back with a brand new username in the future then that's a duplicate account in our books - and strictly speaking that's a bannable offence.

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hi snyderkv,

I'm not sure if the MAP Admins will remove an account but one way to leave without getting constant reminders of the place is to go into Edit Options in your User CP and do the following:

Untick Receive Email from Administrators
    Untick Receive Email from Other Members
    Untick Receive Friendship Request Email
    Untick Enable Private Messaging
    Untick Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
    Untick Enable Visitor Messaging

Then go into Edit Subscriptions and remove any subscriptions in there.

You could probably also change your email address in your UserCP too.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Then goes onto mention a name in the editing details. What a nut job.

16. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

No one is trolling you. You posted the exact same question last year and received the exact same answer from the mods. You then preceded to whinge about people trolling when they were infact playfully teasing and then got all paranoid about accounts being sold etc. You can put my name back in if you like, i won't mind.

17. Dean Winchester

I think you all need to step back and have a peaceful easy feeling.

18. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Have you posted you NI number in there or something?

19. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

20. Moi

I approve. Not only is it dishonest but it's an ingenius over the top way of stopping anybody effected from viewing Map's old members database. You deserve a large waxed moustache to twiddle sir