Which Rowing Machine?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Moiteet, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Moiteet

Moiteet New Member

Hi folks. I was hoping for a bit of advice. I’m looking into buying a rowing machine to use at home. At the gym I invariably find myself using the concept 2 rowers as opposed to any other form of cardio equipment, so I thought it might not be a bad idea to have one in the garage for the days when I am just too busy to make it to the gym. Sadly, they are becoming more and more frequent. The rower that I use at the gym is a Concept 2, a heavy duty bit of kit with a price tag to match. Unfortunately, I am going to have to settle for something a little less expensive. Which will obviously mean compromising on quality and robustness. I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good make or model that offers a nice balance between quality and price. I’ve been having a look at rowing machines for sale online but there is that much to choose from that it is difficult to make a decision. I’d much rather make one based on somebody else's recommendation. Any pointers will be much appreciated folks.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

I can recommend York fitness machines. I had one (magnetic resistance) for a few years, worked really well.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

4. Moiteet

Moiteet New Member

Ha! You don't get much more targeted than that. Thanks for the link!

5. Moiteet

Moiteet New Member

Which model did you have Tom? I like the look of this one that I found on the website that Dead_Pool suggested:

[​IMG]

6. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

Sorry I cant remember the model name - it was a while ago. it was their entry level magnetic resistance machine. It looked very similar to the photo.

7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Two year necro on this thread because I have the literal exact same question as the IP...want a home rower cheaper than a Concept 2. This is for cardio training, not crossfit competition, so I don't need a competition-grade air rower. Happy to try magnetic. Anyone had any good or bad experiences recently they'd like to share?