Favorite healthy food?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Smaug97, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Rebecca_Daw

Rebecca_Daw New Member

Eggs and fish are my favourite healthy food, loaded with proteins.

3. Rated Red

Rated Red ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporter

Here's just a very simple way of incorporating avocado into your diet. I love making tuna pasta with red onion, celery, green bell peppers, cucumber, some freshly ground black peppercorns and last but not least, avocado. If you'd like more ideas please let me know, I eat them rather often, lol.

Tuna pasta I made with avocado slices:

[​IMG]

4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

you can do so much with so many different veggies. grill them, fry them, bake them. i would say if you're looking for "healthy", go heavy on the plants.

here's a great thing i just got turned onto: take a head of cabbage, cut in half, wrap in foil, add some olive oil and salt/pepper, close the foil, put on the grill until the cabbage is soft, enjoy.

another great thing: take a head of romaine, put on the grill until charred, char the other side too. remove, add salt, enjoy. absolutely delicious.

my current favorite sandwich: two pieces of bread, a tomato, a half avocado, hummus.

5. TwirlinMerlin

TwirlinMerlin Valued Member

Some inexpensive foods off the top of my head that have substance/nutritional value (in my opinion):
    Bulk Peanut butter or peanuts (unsalted if possible)
    Eggs
    Beans (you can get a massive bag of raw beans for a few bucks)
    Oats (combine with milk and you've got all the amino acids)
    Potatoes, carrots and other root vegetables
    Apples (or whatever your locally grown fruit is. We have tons of apples so they're cheap)
    Canned tuna (kind of high in sodium but a cheap high quality protein)
    Bread (some people won't agree with bread being healthy and they're probably right but the folic acid, riboflavin, thiamine and niacin that they enrich the flour with is super important for your health and bread is a cheap way to get it)

6. liero

liero Valued Member

I've been eating a lot of baked beans for breakfast, with wholegrain bread.

Apparently beans are a vegetable, they are a decent source of protein and they are so damn cheap! The bread helps with the carbs but is super low GI so the energy lasts through to lunchtime or my morning snack!

7. Jackie6419

Jackie6419 Banned Banned

My favorite healthy food is mutton and vegetables.

8. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Well I don't think I contributed first time round this thread came up, but my opinion is the same:

Fish and veg are my favourite healthy food/meal.

Most often something like seabass ot tuna steak, with roasted tenderstem broccoli and steamed carrots. If I want a bit more carbs some Parmentier potatoes.