Places to buy boxing equipment

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JayC2301, Jun 19, 2008.

1. JayC2301

JayC2301 New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm fairly new to kickboxing, and to here, and was wondering if any of you could help.

I live in Manchester and was wondering if any of you knew any decent places to buy gloves, focus mitts and head guard/protection? Shops in Manchester or internet sites please.

Thanks
    Jay.

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

www.respectsports.co.uk

Gets all his gear made for him so you'll only find it at his shop in Radcliffe, Manchester. Good prices and the stuff look good.

edit: website link doesn't work now, did last week.(I've let him know it's down so try back later in the week) Try 0161 723 3276 /0161 725 9736 instead.

1-3 Adelphi Street, Radcliffe, Manchester.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  4. Taliesin

Taliesin Valued Member

5. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

talk to your coach. he'll have a recommendation or two for you.

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

There is a quite small ma shop near Piccadilly but it's not great. Not bought stuff from here but I fancy getting some stuff from here myself:
    http://www.kickboxingshop.com/product.aspx?pid=442&cid=2289

Fightshop.com have a big warehouse type place that's open to the public, I can't remember the address, I have it somewhere. They also have a website.

7. JayC2301

JayC2301 New Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Sites back up now:)

9. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Fightshop is in Bolton, they import premium Thai Boxing and Boxing equipment made in Thailand, Sandee, Twins, Windy and Fairtex, all Grade A Stuff, also loads of MMA apparel, fightshorts, TapouT tees and the like from the USA, and otehr places.

Its not striclty open to the public as its a web retail and gym/wholesale operation, however they dont mind people turning up and looking at all the stuff and buying and they can take cash or card payments. The warehouse is massive 9000 quare foot, of equipment, everything from Heavy bags, gloves body sheilds the lot, and they have about 50 types of MMA shorts at anyone time.

The address is
    4th Floor
    Swan Centre
    4 Higher Swan Lane
    Bolton
    Lancashire
    BL3 3AQ

The number is 0845 6439252

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Have you been there Adsy? I contacted the guy on another forum about going and trying things on and getting some gloves and stuff. Annoyingly they only open Mon-Fri!

11. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Yeah only office hours unfortunately 9.00 to 5.00pm Monday to Friday , because they arent strictly open to the public so they dont "open" at weekends. However its worth ringing up and check what time you want to drop round, because more oftern than not there is someone there late until like 8.00pm or even weekends if you ring ahead they may open up for you. I live in Chorley and i've been there at 7.00pm and bought stuff. I heard they were totally changing the Fightshop.com website soon as well, there was an article on it in this month's fighters only. You been to Shor Chana yet Lou ? :)

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

No way!!!I work in Chorley :D

Not been to Shor Chana- mma and gym is taking all my time! I really really want to though :(

13. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Cool! Planning on getting them, want to try some on first ,just to be sure! My bf has the Fairtex ones and they seem pretty good, but prefer the Sandee ones meself.

15. boxingtechnique

boxingtechnique New Member

Please be aware that MAP has a 'no advertising' policy. Thank you for your cooperation with this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016